• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Language is a virus, from outer space!

Godbless you Pumpkinhead. I mean that in the Southern way...
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• pumpkinhead80

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
      This entire explanation is ridiculous. Derogatory terms like "religitard" and "magical being" as if God were Houdini are only used in an attempt to ridicule those you disagree with and position yourself as intellectually superior. However, it only convinces those that agree with you in the first place and insults the others. Whatever.
      Not magic like houdini, magic like Santa, unicorns, and leprechauns. How would you describe the powers of any god, not just yours? And then how would you separate those powers from ones that are magical so that they couldn't be classified as such?

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by pumpkinhead80 View Post
        i explained earlier that the word "religitard" was in reference to those who think a magical sky wizard is influencing games on a play by play basis. if you count yourself among that number, well...

i haven't said anything about religions in general, preferring to discuss that it is A FUCKING FACT that religious people and people of polynesian heritage will be supporting te'o with jersey sales in a good % of jerseys sold. as for referring to a magical supernatural being instead of using the word "divine" to describe it's power and how it manifests that power? it is not inaccurate and is only insulting if it makes you consider that worshiping a magical supernatural being is silly and then in turn makes you feel silly. it doesn't change that it's a magical supernatural being, even if you find other terms to describe it's power usage. if you believe in this being and the magic it is purported to do, you shouldn't feel insulted. if i wanted to be mean or cruel towards the religious i could be a hell of a lot more direct and a lot more piercing with my words. (also it is in pretty goofy to call someone satanic if they don't believe in the particular god of a religion why would they believe in it's adversary and then worship it?)

Again your referring to "God" as a magical sky wizard and thats pretty offensive to those of Faith. You dont need to go out of your way to paint him in some negative light. And in my Faith believing that God could answer prayers does not make me a Retard. Play by play...game by game..who cares...People of Faith believe God can do anything. Your still using the term retard to describe people of Faith. No matter how ridiculous or strong a man of Faith feels about the smallest of things he prayers for.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Originally posted by pumpkinhead80 View Post
          Not magic like houdini, magic like Santa, unicorns, and leprechauns. How would you describe the powers of any god, not just yours? And then how would you separate those powers from ones that are magical so that they couldn't be classified as such?

See your just trolling. Nobody here should have to defend there God. Or listen to you describe Him on the same level as Unicorns and Leprechauns. If you cant see how classless this is its on you. This is now a religion thread.

Thread locked.

Comment

Working...
          X