• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blahblahblah
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2013
    • Send PM

I would assume Floyd is done. The way he plays leaves him vulnerable and with neck damage...

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      Now the thing I have been dreading all night, do you suppose this means Floyd is done?
      Seriously, I think they plan for him not being here. I can't see adding a #2 being all that difficult.

Comment

• SDFan
        Woober Goober
        • Jun 2013
        • Dolores, CO
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
        This is awesome news, means we have two bonafide WRs for 2014.

TT, bring in a couple more?
        Some of youse guys really need to get off the VBrown hate train already. He's our #2 WR- locked in- end of story- period. Just wish the guy well and expect he'll be greatly improved if he puts in the hard work we expect him to- and let it go. Royal is our slot guy & #3. Tutu will likely be re-signed for ST play- but have a chance to win playing time on offense as backup and in 4 WR sets. Lavelle Hawkins and Dontrelle Inman are young guys with potential the club likes. There's plenty of bodies for OTAs and TC already and you can be sure they'll bring in a couple more UDFAs and draft another WR if 1 falls like Allen or happens to be BPA- AFTER- they've addressed a couple more important holes like pass rusher and CB. If you are expecting/waiting for any recognizable big name WR signings or high draft pick- you will be severely disappointed.
        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• SDFan
          Woober Goober
          • Jun 2013
          • Dolores, CO
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          Now the thing I have been dreading all night, do you suppose this means Floyd is done?
          I supposed him AND DX were done months ago while other people here were counting on 1 or both to be back...
          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

I don't doubt that, and even if he does come back, I still think you draft his replacement. If the big thing we missed was having the ability to stretch the field, you wouldn't go into the season risking it on just having 1 guy who can stretch the field. So, either way, we need a WR who can stretch the field.

Right now the question is can we get a guy and bring him on slowly, do we need to target a FA too, or can we get a rookie high enough that we can just plug him in?

Comment

• Tucker
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
              I supposed him AND DX were done months ago while other people here were counting on 1 or both to be back...
              Heck, there's a chance that neither guy will be WALKING straight, no less being ready for even non-contact drills. DX has had the complications from his latest surgery; Malcom has just started JOGGING! So I agree with your statement.

Malcom, as I've said, should retire. A decision on DX will have to wait...possibly until NEXT year (if he's still around to make a decision about). Neither guy is on my personal roster. And even with the Royal restructuring, we're still short at WR and should be looking at drafting a guy, IMO - perhaps even in the 1st round.

Comment

• Panama
                パナマ
                • Aug 2013
                • London
                • Opera singer and web developer.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Tucker View Post
                Heck, there's a chance that neither guy will be WALKING straight
                Doesn't the neck brace pretty much ensure that?
                Adipose

Comment

• Panama
                  パナマ
                  • Aug 2013
                  • London
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Tucker View Post
                  Malcom, as I've said, should retire. A decision on DX will have to wait...possibly until NEXT year (if he's still around to make a decision about). Neither guy is on my personal roster. And even with the Royal restructuring, we're still short at WR and should be looking at drafting a guy, IMO - perhaps even in the 1st round.
                  I am bracing myself for the possibility that neither will be back. That said. MF is on the roster. Unless he retires, I think the team should place him on the PUP and not make a decision on him until he is ready to come off. Then either activate him or IR. As for DX, clearly the team cannot sign him right now, but neither will any other team. I hope that if or when he is ready to return, whether midway through the next season or during the following offseason, he gives the Chargers first right of refusal. And I hope the Chargers at that point take a low-risk flier on him. But, we'll see...
                  Adipose

Comment

• KNSD
                    Registered Charger Hater
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Not sure if Royal and Floyd are connected. If Floyd is healthy then he's back. If not, then no. Regardless of what they do with Royal.
                    Prediction:
                    Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                    Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                    Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Panama
                      パナマ
                      • Aug 2013
                      • London
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
                      Not sure if Royal and Floyd are connected. If Floyd is healthy then he's back. If not, then no. Regardless of what they do with Royal.
                      Agreed. No connection between the two. They play completely different positions anyway.
                      Adipose

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • SoDak
                        • Technology Director
                        • Send PM

Glad to hear this. Glad Eddie is still on the team. He made some big catches last year in some tough moments.
                        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• CTrout
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                          Some of youse guys really need to get off the VBrown hate train already. He's our #2 WR- locked in- end of story- period. .
                          Really? What exactly did he do to lock that spot up? Without the WR injuries Brown would of been 5th
                          on the depth chart. Seems like huge stretch to say he's now our undisputed #2 WR, especially after his
                          disappearing act last year.

Comment

Working...
                          X