• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LIGHTS OUT
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

The only positive thing i can think of is that our draft position is usually where you can pickup a nice G or DT prospect.

The top OT will be gone by then.

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by LIGHTS OUT View Post
      The only positive thing i can think of is that our draft position is usually where you can pickup a nice G or DT prospect.

The top OT will be gone by then.
      Can still possibly get a good RT.

We haven't had a decent RT since freakin Shane Olivea.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
        The difficult reality is that we need a rapid infusion of talent along the OL...can it be done in 1-2 years? I don't know. All the while you're hoping your immobile, 38 year old QB doesn't fall apart.

You can't trot out an old immobile qb AND put him behind a bad line AND put him in an offense that continues to expose him. Yet we do all 3. Every single year, no matter who is the coach or GM.

How come, year after year, nobody can touch Brady? They certainly have talent on the OL...but are they elite at every position? Well coached and the offense is tailored to protect Brady on quick throws. Why can't we do that??

For this offense to work, we need not a average, or good OL. We need a GREAT one. And I don't know if we can throw one together in time. As a organization, it's just not something we do. Some of it is negligence, some of it is missing on picks. Results are the same.
        Rivers is 37, not 38 as an FYI.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Rivers is 37, not 38 as an FYI.
          And just turned 37 in Dec.
          I don't know the plan but OL needs to be a priority either from free agency or draft or both. Lamp needs to replace Schofield and if he can't then he is a bust. Next year for him is do or die.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-14-2019, 08:29 AM.
          11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia F/U Telesco
          35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
          37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
          66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan​
          69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
          100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆ï¸w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
          110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
          140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
          181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
          225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss âž¡ï¸ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

This is a good year for 1st round OT talent, maybe 6 guys are there. They are just being overshadowed by all the DT talent.

We got James last year because two teams in front of us reached for mediocre OTs. Expect the same this year. Positional value counts too in the draft.

and for as average as Fluker is, hes still in the league and Seattle want to extend him. So average skill keeps you around for along time.
            Last edited by Formula 21; 01-14-2019, 08:49 AM.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• OhioBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Man O-line may need more help than we think Pouncy was good, but he has history of back issues and I think he was great through games 1-8 but his play tailed of the second half. Feeney, Schofield at guards were very inconsistent an their play against better competition sucked. The Tackles is not that great either Okung is 32 and aging played okay, Sam Tevi was a best in the run game, but a liability in pass protection.

Center- Pouncey- but you need a replacement asap, I suspect he will bee good again to start the season after resting his back, but as season rolls on who knows
              Guards- Lamp needs to prove he isn't a bust and replace either one of the previous starters Schofield or Feeney, then I would look at moving Tevi to guard
              Tackles- Okung and get his replacement ready, then other tackle FA, or draft 1st round if the grade warrants don't over-draft or feel pressured and end up with a Fluker type.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Thoughts on Defense we need DT who is a runstopper or commands a double team, Mebane better days are behind him Justin Jones looks the part, but not sure what he is capable of in his small sample size. I think LB just need them to stay healthy I think we can have an awesome trio if MLB Perryman stays healthy, then go with White and Brown, Brown really picked his game up and was an asset with his speed and range. White has so much potential that was cut short with season ending injury. Corner play seems crazy to say but seems like down the stretch and playoffs Micheal Davis was our best corner, I am not sure what to make of Hayward, but at this point bringing back Trevor Williams is a must. Replacing Adaee is mandatory also.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Windsor, U.K.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
                  Thoughts on Defense we need DT who is a runstopper or commands a double team, Mebane better days are behind him Justin Jones looks the part, but not sure what he is capable of in his small sample size. I think LB just need them to stay healthy I think we can have an awesome trio if MLB Perryman stays healthy, then go with White and Brown, Brown really picked his game up and was an asset with his speed and range. White has so much potential that was cut short with season ending injury. Corner play seems crazy to say but seems like down the stretch and playoffs Micheal Davis was our best corner, I am not sure what to make of Hayward, but at this point bringing back Trevor Williams is a must. Replacing Adaee is mandatory also.
                  Brother, we've needed that since Jamaal left! Too many people here thinking we need a pass rusher in that spot. I'd be over the moon with a space eating, O lineman occupying, keep your second level clean kind of guy. With all the speed we have in the back end and outside, that kind of guy would make a HUGE impact.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Brother, we've needed that since Jamaal left! Too many people here thinking we need a pass rusher in that spot. I'd be over the moon with a space eating, O lineman occupying, keep your second level clean kind of guy. With all the speed we have in the back end and outside, that kind of guy would make a HUGE impact.
                    We need both

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We need both
                      That, or we need to find other ways to generate pressure up the middle when we play guy like Brady.
                      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Need to be careful navigating the next contracts for Rivers and Gordon.

Man, I like Gordon a lot but he seems to be hurt late in the year every year.

Personally I would hold off negotiating Rivers' contract until I see how he plays at 38 years old next year. I think the Chargers have some leverage here as I doubt Rivers would want to play anywhere else.

Interesting times.
                        Can we get a hometown discount from Rivers, like Brady grants to the Patriots, so the Chargers can afford to upgrade their offensive line?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

That, or we need to find other ways to generate pressure up the middle when we play guy like Brady.
                          Yes but thats on Bradley. He doesnt like to blitz much and everybody knows getting pressure up the middle, or anywhere is the way to play him.

Comment

Working...
                          X