• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    Geno is a free agent and I hope they do not bring him back. Jones has shown no improvement since has been here and I would not waste any more time on him either.
    Jones signed a reserve contract, so he's here at least through OTAs.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Blount don't have much market and he can't catch. We like RBs who can. Kinda confused by that comparison. Blount IMO isn't in Gordon's league and was 31 when he signed with Detriot.

You think we will be picking a QB this year? Doubt that, there aren't any blue Chip QBs in this draft. Now we may draft one in the 3rd or 4th to develope as a backup since Geno and Cardale are trainwrecks but not to replace Rivers. I hope we don't draft one at all. All those teams you listed can have this crap crop of QBs, especially Denver lol. Elway will whiff again.
      ​​​
      As for your Kingsbury quote...Who cares what a college coach, that has never coached a down yet in the NFL says? Kingsbury was also hired to mentor Rosen who really just needs a better OL as theirs was the worst in the league.
      AZ will draft Bosa or trade down and stock pile picks.

Oh and Nobody said short running backs can't play. Many of them are short. Russell Wilson is the shortest QB in the league at 5'11", 215 lbs. Far cry from 5'8"-5'9", 190 lbs.
      Your concise football terminology was 'midgets', friendo.

The Giants go with Murray who is looking to buck all trends about what an NFL QB looks like from a size perspective. He posted the top passing and rushing grade among quarterbacks in the FBS last season, and the Giants will look to his dynamic playmaking ability to turn around their quarterback position.

Interesting that like Russell Wilson and Patrick Mahomes, Kyler Murray was also a QB drafted by MLB. Each possess the ability to buy time with their legs, reset and deliver the ball anywhere on the field with their arm.

Fascinating. I wonder if BJ has read this.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Your concise football terminology was 'midgets', friendo.

The Giants go with Murray who is looking to buck all trends about what an NFL QB looks like from a size perspective. He posted the top passing and rushing grade among quarterbacks in the FBS last season, and the Giants will look to his dynamic playmaking ability to turn around their quarterback position.

Interesting that like Russell Wilson and Patrick Mahomes, Kyler Murray was also a QB drafted by MLB. Each possess the ability to buy time with their legs, reset and deliver the ball anywhere on the field with their arm.

Fascinating. I wonder if BJ has read this.
        I didn't and it don't matter. You can't take everything you read from TV and take it so seriously.

What Kingsbury said don't mean squat as he isn't a GM or even a guy with NFL experience and he said that back in Oct before a matchup with OU, not when he was hired as AZ's HC.

I don't know who said the above either but it means nothing right now. What he did in college is just college. Tebow was a pretty good passer and runner in college.
        The only QB stat I take a long look at in college is a guy who can't complete at least 60% of his passes. That should be easy in college and those that don't in college are never very good NFL QBs.

Honestly I don't care who drafts Murray. I just know we won't be drafting him. Whoever does, good luck. You may have something, or you wasted a high pick. No slam dunk with Murray.
        Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-15-2019, 05:23 PM.

Comment

• Lyth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2018
          • Send PM

We've got some holes. OG (both). DT. LB. Not sure we have to fill all of them. Not sure we can.

The OG's can come from FA. There's a large number of them going into FA that would be an upgrade. At this point, anyone would be an upgrade.

Are we just unlucky at LB? Or is it a reflection of poor DL play letting blockers get to the LB's? We lost Perryman, Brown, and White for the season. Probably need to draft here after the 1st round.

DL is probably the biggest need. Good draft for it too. Gotta get someone to make an impact right away. Maybe even trade up for it.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

All of the above makes a lot of sense. Spend the FA money on OGs, Rivers needs help now. If we do that then focus on D in rounds 1 & 2, DL/LB, then developmental Oline guys starting with the 3rd round. If a top OT slides to us at 28, yeah take him.

Like the last draft, I bet we have many strategies depending on how that first pick plays out.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
              The only QB stat I take a long look at in college is a guy who can't complete at least 60% of his passes.
              A visual for you, Boltjolt.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

A visual for you, Boltjolt.

You post that after I say I don't like college QBs who can't complete at least 60% of their passes and you post this for what reason? That they did go over 60%? And that means what? They will be good NFL QBs? What's your reasoning here?

If that's your reason I don't agree that means anything except they didn't suck in college.
                Again, Tebow was a good passer in college. A career 66.4% at Florida.....couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in the NFL.
                I just meant if you aren't accurate in college, you surely won't be in the NFL. And the ball is a bit bigger in the NFL so if they have small hands, that's not in their favor.
                ​​​

Comment

• chris9341
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

We need to trade out of the first round and pick up some extra picks. Maybe trade our 1st round pick and say our 5th round pick for a 2nd 4th rounder and a 6th. We give up our 1st round pick but we also pick up an additional 2 picks. My thing is when you are picking that low in the first round you are sometimes better off trading for extra picks. Everyone keeps talking Offensive line but I'm gonna keep saying it we need to fix our D-line. Ok in each of the Chargers losses our D-Line was over matched up the middle everytime. Hell look what the Patriots did to us in the run game. Now what I think what will happen is Telesco will sign a gaurd and a right tackle in free agency and in the draft he will continue to build up the defense. I honestly believe we go defense with most of our picks the only pick I see us not going that route is the 3rd pick where we most likely take an offensive lineman. We will not be taking any skill positions.

Comment

• Budsman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Comment

• Classic
                      Hall Of Fame
                      • Dec 2014
                      • Send PM

What do you guys think of bringing in Anthony Barr as a F.A? The Vikings are unlikely to bring him back and we are in need of LBs. Does he fit our scheme? Would he excel with Bosa and Ingram?

Comment

• Blue Thunder
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Arlington, TX
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post
                        We need to upgrade the oline in fa. Look college OLs are just not as polished as they used to be. These guys are running fancy college offenses and not focusing on NFL fundamentals. We need to put more money into the guard and RT position also we can keep PR clean and open big holes for Gordon and crew.

Second we draft bpa if there is someone who drops or we get a good DT. We need atheism up front.

Why do we have to only draft players that don't believe in God? :rimshot:

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                          X