• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I give Gordon about a 75% chance of coming back week 10, and then a 0% chance of coming back for next year. I'm guessing he signs with another team, even if it's for about the same $$$ as what TT offered him...
    As long as he balls out healthy in the playoffs this season, I am really fine with that scenario. Long term would prefer a rookie back out of next years deep crop.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

If we have some good mojo going on in the running game come week 10, do we play him even? Token snaps in garbage time?

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
        If we have some good mojo going on in the running game come week 10, do we play him even? Token snaps in garbage time?
        He needs to ball out as hard as he can. Fresh legs n an attitude is a good late season/playoff recipe. Since his rookie year he has taken care of the ball, and is good to very good in all 3 facets. Maybe not as a bell cow, but You don't not play that talent out of spite or his future earnings etc . You run your team to win when given a chance.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I'm more thinking of him being in game shape, especially if we got a hot hand we're riding (JJ I'm looking at you).

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
            You know, that thought did cross my mind a few days ago. Remember how Lamp was fully healthy mid-season, but Lynn didn't really want to play him because he didn't want to mess with the "chemistry" of the O-line? Like a 12-4 season chemistry? I'm guessing if MG3 does come back, if JJ is having a big year, Lynn might well ease Gordon back into the lineup, S-L-O-W-L-Y...very slowly. Then Gordon will REALLY feel disrespected...

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

I think the OL chemistry is much different than a RB being inserted in the game. They may not run him out there for 25 carries right away but he will get his playing time.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

One thing, Gordon's holdout is sure to light a fire under the other RBs. They already felt disrespected in their draft, now MGIII is betting that LAC will pay almost anything to keep them on the bench. Preseason is gonna be fun!

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                  One thing, Gordon's holdout is sure to light a fire under the other RBs. They already felt disrespected in their draft, now MGIII is betting that LAC will pay almost anything to keep them on the bench. Preseason is gonna be fun!
                  Wonder how much Lynn will manage the snaps of JJ and Ekeler? If they are going to carry the load in the regular season we may be seeing quite a bit of Newsone, Cox and some other camp fodder

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Wonder how much Lynn will manage the snaps of JJ and Ekeler? If they are going to carry the load in the regular season we may be seeing quite a bit of Newsone, Cox and some other camp fodder
                    I think Ekeler's role carries over. JJ is lead back, Newsome & Cox try to prove they deserve more carries. I like out RBs with or without MG. Better with but not top $ better.

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Don't we already have enough of those?

Corey Robinson has started 5 games, all of them for the Lions as an injury replacement. He is the guy who had the tell that Emmanuel used to get the strip-sack to win the game in his rookie debut.

At this stage of his career, with the right OL coach, he might develop into a OK backup. But his general sloppiness and lack of good, consistent technique makes him less attractive for us than anyone already on the roster.

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I think Ekeler's role carries over. JJ is lead back, Newsome & Cox try to prove they deserve more carries. I like out RBs with or without MG. Better with but not top $ better.
                        Yes, with the possible exception that they may try and get him some more touches. I agree, Newsome and JJ will probably get the "starters" snaps, but Ekeler has been explosive, so the change of pace, 3rd down and slot role should get him a bit more time on the field.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Yes, with the possible exception that they may try and get him some more touches. I agree, Newsome and JJ will probably get the "starters" snaps, but Ekeler has been explosive, so the change of pace, 3rd down and slot role should get him a bit more time on the field.
                          Yeah. Lockstep. Total JJ jock sniffer here.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X