• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wheels
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • San Diego
    • Send PM

Better to get it over with quickly. Next season we will have some cash to play with.

Comment

• 3rd&Long
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
      I wonder if this is 'it'? That is, the last salary-specific personnel move we make? I gotta think that Clary's agent has been called a time or two. Maybe they're in negotiations with Jeromey as we speak? Perhaps he can follow Royal's lead on this one.
      Clary's blackmail pictures of AJ should be of no use against T2...Clary's been overpaid for several years now, the least he could do is give something back!

Comment

• Beerman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Eastlake
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
        Better to get it over with quickly. Next season we will have some cash to play with.
        I really wish TT decides to put some of it to work this offseason with extensions to various players particularly Ladarius Green. Gotta sign him before he blows up. I would probably make an effort to extend Wright and potentially Gilchrist too to team friendly deals. In any case, the good news is we will have the space to sign anyone we want really.

Comment

• Panama
          パナマ
          • Aug 2013
          • London
          • Opera singer and web developer.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
          If we manage to sign Patrick and Marshall, we'd have those two, plus Gilchrist, Wright, and SWilliams. I think we need to sign a FA (starter material) and take one in the draft (but no earlier than the 3rd round...IF we sign a starter-quality FA). How many CBs does a team normally carry on the roster?
          Why is everyone averse to drafting a CB in the first round? By all means, if the BPA at a position of need at 25 is a CB, snap him up. Working in absolutes (such as 'no CBs in the first round') is ridiculously short-sighted and limiting.
          Adipose

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

Highly doubtful one of the 2 1st round CBs will be there at 25.
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
              @UTgehlken: Chargers have five cornerbacks under contract in 2014. Shareece Wright has played 1,086 career defensive snaps. Other four: 57.
              What do they consider Gilchrist at the moment? He has started several games at CB, and no longer seems in the mix at S. I know he can lock up the nickle DB role, but does that mean he can't start.

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                Really happy that they cleaned house with the CBs other than Wright.
                He must not be counting Gilchirst as a CB, then? I sure hope we do NOT intend to use him as a SS anymore. I think that experiment was a complete failure. Also, Beer...be careful what you wish for. Wright, Gilchirst, SWilliams and - as you've been suggesting - possibly taking 2 CBs in our first 3 picks...well...that doesn't sound like such a good CB situation going into the season. I'd rather draft ONE CB in the first 3 rounds, re-sign Marshall, and sign a FA like Cory Graham. That, I believe, is the better strategy.

Comment

• Geezbolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Sun Valley, ID
                  • Send PM

Everyone seems happy with the move to let Cox go and rightly so. Last year though, most thought he was a good acquisition. Has anyone heard if there are any theories or explanations for why he was such a bust? All I've heard and seen is that he sucked when he played.

Comment

• MakoShark
                    Disgruntled
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Alabama
                    • Send PM

We still have Crezdon Butler in the mix at CB. And Marcus Cromartie.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post
                      Everyone seems happy with the move to let Cox go and rightly so. Last year though, most thought he was a good acquisition. Has anyone heard if there are any theories or explanations for why he was such a bust? All I've heard and seen is that he sucked when he played.
                      I think it's mental, that he somehow couldn't latch onto the system, and he began to over think things, and not "just play". He did get burned a lot, so maybe its partially physical, but he just couldn't adapt to his man, or zone. The one play that stuck in my mind was when it looked like he had his guy covered (Decker? or one of the Thomas's?) and it looked like he was going to push his guy out of bounds, so Weddle pulled up, and they lost contain. Mental lapse on both Weddle and Cox, but Cox just whiffed the push out.

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

I never got the impression Cox was a real confident guys. Most NFL CB love to tell you how great they are. And you kind of have to have that arrogant swagger to play CB. But I didn't get that vibe in the TC interview that 1090 did with him, and I felt like his body language screamed that he was defeated. I think he can still be an OK player, but I don't think there was any chance it was going to happen with us. Not after the year he had.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                          I think it's mental, that he somehow couldn't latch onto the system, and he began to over think things, and not "just play". He did get burned a lot, so maybe its partially physical, but he just couldn't adapt to his man, or zone. The one play that stuck in my mind was when it looked like he had his guy covered (Decker? or one of the Thomas's?) and it looked like he was going to push his guy out of bounds, so Weddle pulled up, and they lost contain. Mental lapse on both Weddle and Cox, but Cox just whiffed the push out.
                          Yeah, that one pretty much doomed him for me. It was just weak. Kind of like the Cro non-tackle. After that he was dead to me.

Comment

Working...
                          X