• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yubaking
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
    For Yubaking's legal records, I like his posts (at least the parts I skim through).

I can't say I agree with all of them - even the parts I understand or bother to read.

But there's no reason to call him a fucking moron or even a twat.

The dude is a Chargers fan - and obviously passionate about it. If you want to argue with him, you aren't going to convince him that he's wrong (at least not in those words).

You can either enjoy your arguments with him or just skip his posts.

In other words, we've all made the righteous decision to be Chargers fans despite all the pain this insane infatuation comes with. Let's get along and not get anybody re-banned or turn this into a Haters Convention. (Well, unless it's a Raider Haters Convention or a Manning Slam Fest.)

Party on and Go Bolts.

Thelightningwill, thank you for having my back in terms of not liking others calling me bad names. I want you to know that I appreciate that.

Panama, Steve, we see some things very differently and that's okay. I am truly sorry if I am driving you guys beyond the point of irritation with my views. Honestly, that is not my intent at all. Please accept my apology for that.

We are all Chargers fans. Of that I have no doubt and that is what is most important.

Since we didn't get either Mitchell or Soliai, I think we can move on. I will continue to like NT as a priority and you guys will continue to think that there are other positions that are more important. That's okay. But most of all, we will all be hoping for our guys to win the Super Bowl, no matter what choices we end up making and who our players end up being.

You all be sure to have a nice evening.

Comment

• Beerman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Eastlake
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
      Thelightningwill, thank you for having my back in terms of not liking others calling me bad names. I want you to know that I appreciate that.

Panama, Steve, we see some things very differently and that's okay. I am truly sorry if I am driving you guys beyond the point of irritation with my views. Honestly, that is not my intent at all. Please accept my apology for that.

We are all Chargers fans. Of that I have no doubt and that is what is most important.

Since we didn't get either Mitchell or Soliai, I think we can move on. I will continue to like NT as a priority and you guys will continue to think that there are other positions that are more important. That's okay. But most of all, we will all be hoping for our guys to win the Super Bowl, no matter what choices we end up making and who our players end up being.

You all be sure to have a nice evening.
      :Cheers1:

Comment

• Panama
        パナマ
        • Aug 2013
        • London
        • Opera singer and web developer.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by mikec View Post
        Ah, nobody could cuss like the Bard. You've got to admire him.
        Adipose

Comment

• Panama
          パナマ
          • Aug 2013
          • London
          • Opera singer and web developer.
          • Send PM

Panama, Steve, we see some things very differently and that's okay. I am truly sorry if I am driving you guys beyond the point of irritation with my views.
          Shit, it ain't your views, man. I disagree with a lot of people on here, but it seems I only have a problem with you and OIP. It's not the views, but the arrogance, the insufferable need to be correct, the unwillingness to listen to those who have more experience in the area (but I guess that is part of being arrogant), the way you twist people's arguments to be something other than what they've said, the inability to follow a simple logical argument because you (willfully?) miss or ignore salient points, the constant deluge of posts repeating the same bloody thing with little variation... It's as if you know your argument has no merit so instead you're hoping to wear us down until we throw our arms up in defeat.

I'm tired of it, man. Maybe I should just put you on ignore, but I don't like the idea of putting people on ignore. We've all -- yes, even you -- got something to contribute, and I want to hear what people have to think. And I know you're capable: when you came back from your little forced hiatus, you were a positive contributor for several weeks, but you've reverted to form.
          Adipose

Comment

• Yubaking
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Panama, I disagree with both your factual representations and the conclusions you have drawn from them (generally and at post #124) about as much as anyone could.

I am glad we did not get Mitchell. I was concerned that he would be a bad fit for us. I am not surprised that we did not go after Soliai, but wish we had. Based upon what he was paid by Atlanta, I can see that it would have been very difficult to get him for anything remotely resembling a team friendly price. Given Soliai's proven track record as a good player over a number of seasons, I really can't say that that is a surprise. We still need a starting NT. I do not believe that Lissemore is the answer at that position.

Although I believe I am right in my views and that your views are not correct in several respects, out of a desire to preserve the peace, I am moving on.

Have a nice day.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I guess nobody at CBSSports, Yahoo or in the NFL knows what they are talking about either. Mitchell entering his prime is getting 4 years for $16M and Soliai, in a contract that will cover some time in which he will be past his prime, is getting 5 years for $33M with $14M guaranteed. I wonder which player is regarded by the league and everyone except Bill Polian and Steve as being the better player. Maybe you could just acknowledge that I am right and leave it at that.
              This is precisely the sort of logical ineptitude and baseless arrogance for which you have earned your reputation.

I never claimed Mitchell was better today. But it was possible for him to be the better signing. Similarly the contract comparisons of two very different players at two different stages of their careers by two different franchise situations says less than you count on it saying. Nuance eludes you.

Your act is really getting old. I'm actually amazed at how much patience the whole community has extended you in giving you so much run. But for your reference, the inane musings arent nearly as grating as the certitude, arrogance and condescension.
              Last edited by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR; 03-12-2014, 08:25 AM.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Its gotten really bad again. Always the same person it revolves around.

Im sharpening my axe as i type this.

Comment

Working...
                X