• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kyle
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
    They paid a bi much for him. Would've rather seen that money in a extension for Danny Woodhead.

Maybe they don't plan on Mathews being in SD next season
    Anyone know the numbers on Mathews vs. the cap? Considering his season, they probably have to resign him. But given his injury history going all the way back to college, maybe the risk/reward isn't there. I'm happy with the Brown signing though for when RM goes down.
    sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Comment

• Beerman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Eastlake
        • Send PM

That seems like an awful lot for a 3rd RB. Would like to see some details. Assume a lot of it has built in incentives that only kick in if he has to carry the load.

Comment

• Beerman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Eastlake
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
          Anyone know the numbers on Mathews vs. the cap? Considering his season, they probably have to resign him. But given his injury history going all the way back to college, maybe the risk/reward isn't there. I'm happy with the Brown signing though for when RM goes down.
          We will have money to burn, so if they want to resign him I think they won't have an issue doing so.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

@sdutPosner: Donald Brown >> Ronnie Brown but was this best way to spend $$$ w/so many other needs, espec. on D? Thought would get 3rd RB late in draft.
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Beerman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Eastlake
              • Send PM

I do like the general pickup though, he was a good all around guy and a big reason why Indy didn't tank last year after it put all it's eggs in on TRich. We have a legit 2nd back that can carry the load now, pass block, and get some catches.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

I actually like Brown a lot, especially given RM's injury history. But RB depth was not close to our biggest need and we could have picked up a running back with a mid-round pick and used this money on a defender.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                  That seems like an awful lot for a 3rd RB. Would like to see some details. Assume a lot of it has built in incentives that only kick in if he has to carry the load.
                  I doubt he's going to be your normal third rb. Wouldn't be surprised if he got most the backup carries. Let's be real, woodheads main value comes in the passing game.

Comment

• Beerman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Eastlake
                    • Send PM

UTgehlken: Charger were exposed in playoff loss to DEN. Ryan Mathews ankle injury. No run game without him. Donald Brown makes backfield more dynamic.

Ghelken gets it. I thought backup RB was a priority this offseason. My only issue is the price.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Unless Mathews isn't in the plans for the future Brown got paid a lot more than he should've
                      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        I actually like Brown a lot, especially given RM's injury history. But RB depth was not close to our biggest need and we could have picked up a running back with a mid-round pick and used this money on a defender.
                        Who says they're out of money? You really think telesco prioritized a backup running back over a starting cornerback and nose tackle? You really think he's that stupid?

Comment

• Beerman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Eastlake
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
                          I doubt he's going to be your normal third rb. Wouldn't be surprised if he got most the backup carries. Let's be real, woodheads main value comes in the passing game.
                          I do think we rotate a bit more, but I don't think we'll see much change overall barring injury.

Comment

Working...
                          X