• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I'd be happy with those three dudes (but would still worry about WR...).

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      That would be a great draft. Still think WR is a huge need.
      I forgot to post the rest of our picks on the bottom of round 3. I dont know if he will be there in the 4th but thats who id like. If not there then maybe Abredaris. Wanted to go WR in the second but couldnt pass on Attaochu.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-28-2014, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
        I think his 400 yard 6 TD game (I think), did more than anything he did in the offseason. Pro days and stuff like that just reinforce what teams see on tape I suspect. Quite a few have come out and said that the majority of boards are already set before the combine and pro days even start. They obviously make adjustments, but I doubt it's a very drastic change in assessments. Remember these scouts and GM's are doing this virtually all year and constantly assessing players. Do you really think they throw away all the work they did the 8 months prior to the draft just for a pro day? They have seen hours and hours of these guys in pads. Doing a few reps in shorts isn't going to drastically change minds.
        I don't know if it is true or not. I think some teams bit on the pro day/combine stuff more then others do. And I think the successful ones tend to focus primarily on the game day stuff. But there are plenty of teams that the draft is a crap shoot for them, and I think biting on combine and pro day stuff is part of the problem. Just ask the Eagles and Mike Mamula.

But as far as the Chargers go, we should just use combines and pro days as a way to get to see the player live, and verify what has been seen on tape, which is pretty much what Tom T (and AJ before him), have said they do.

The only concern I have is that last year, was a great draft. They did a huge amount of work (reevaluate everything on new criteria), in a short time. This season, they have a much longer period of time, with the additional month added. The thing that could be an issue, is with the extra time, the tendency to over think things will be enormous. I have faith that TT and MM will not do that, but you can see a lot of the mock draft types already are, and we aren't at draft day yet.
        Last edited by Steve; 04-29-2014, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          The fact that 99% of mocks have us taking Nix almost assures us that he wont be the pick. lol
          That was true when A.J. was making the picks. I don't know if it will be true for Telesco. I had actually heard of the guys Telesco went with in the first 3 rounds. With A.J.,
          it was almost always - "WHO the HELL is that guy?" (For me at least).

Comment

• Beerman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Eastlake
            • Send PM

I'll pay special attention to what Polian says this year. Think it was him that linked Fluker to us last season.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Polian is TT mentor, and they worked together for years, and knew each other long before that. It stands to reason that, even if he doesn't know what TT is thinking from personal knowledge, he probably can get inside of TT head and give you a pretty good guess.

Comment

• Panama
                パナマ
                • Aug 2013
                • London
                • Opera singer and web developer.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                Polian is TT mentor, and they worked together for years, and knew each other long before that. It stands to reason that, even if he doesn't know what TT is thinking from personal knowledge, he probably can get inside of TT head and give you a pretty good guess.
                Wasn't Polian an AJ mentor as well? Or at least, wasn't Polian a Butler mentor, which since Butler was an AJ mentor would make Polian an AJ mentor of sorts?
                Adipose

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

AJ worked under Polian, but his early work was in the USFL under George Allen. His good close friend there was current Redskins GM Bruce Allen. And in Buffalo AJ and John Butler were extremely close. I am not sure I would really think that Polian is his mentor so much.

Telesco was a close friend of Polian's son growing up in Buffalo, then worked for him in Carolina and Indy. I even saw one report that credits Polian with pushing TT into going into getting into pro football.

Comment

Working...
                  X