• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

not sure Az woulda signed Philon if they thought they could afford Rodney Gunter.

and Liuget is the starter that needs to be replaced, @least as of now, and Darius was the rotational DT that has pretty much been succeeded by JJ, as truth be told, or @least me suspex that he is (much) more a rotational piece @both the one and three tech, than a future full time starter @either DT position ??

and the third round gaffes/go's of the Chargers FO is pretty much par for the course (selection/slotting wise) for the OC, as personally was hopeful/drank some of the team Koolaid for Tuerk, albeit that other guy (Watt ?) was a major league golden domer disappointment.... (didn't like that pick @all to start with).

and re: Fluker.... he was drafted as a tackle (despite the debate to the contrary), and if I recall correctly Jeromey had already moved inside to RG by then ??

in the past I have oft been torn between DT and an OT, w/the likes of A'Shawn Robinson/Jason Spriggs and Ryan Ramczyk/Malik McDowell (was wholly into Star the DJ year), and.... this year is even more convoluted/confusing as am pretty keen on the likes of Yodny Cajuste and Isaiah Prince, albeit am impressed w/Erik McCoy as well, and am not going to be surprised to see him off the board in round one, and.... would also add that drafting @28, think you have to put the IOL in play, as traditionally most of the top shelf OTs are off the board by then, and that you can oft get one of the blue chip OGs somewhere near the end of the first, and.... there is always the occasional first round center to consider, i.e. Ragnow, Billy Price, Isaiah Wynn, Travis Frederick, the Pounceys, Alex Mack, etc.
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Agree with you on Fluker. He was drafted as a RT. A d Luiget if for nothing else just can't stay healthy and I don't think he is coming back.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

I believe this team is taking money from the DT position to pay more for the DEs. Bosa gets the bank next year.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Bosa would have to have a monster year to get a big paycheck from us, he was not a difference maker for us last year when he played.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

He did ok considering he didnt practice till mid season. He only played in 7 games with 6 starts. 5.5 sacks, 9 QB Hits, 23 tackles.
            In 16 games Ingram had 7 sacks, 16 QB hits 43 tackles.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Bosa hasn't played without SupaMel while the opposite isn't true. Blocking schemes change when the D only has 1 PR vs 2.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                Bosa hasn't played without SupaMel while the opposite isn't true. Blocking schemes change when the D only has 1 PR vs 2.
                Melvin didn't do much with Bosa in there with him. I like Ingram but have always thought he is overrated, and since you weren't here on this site when he was drafted I'll just let you know, I didn't want us to draft him.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-25-2019, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Melvin didn't do much with Bosa in there with him. I like Ingram but have always thought he is overrated, and since you weren't here on this site when he was drafted I'll just let you know, I didn't want us to draft him.
                  Say what you want about Mevlvin, but he definitely worked out for us IMO. He'll never be a prime Merriman but he's a quality pass rusher who's gotten better every year and has the skillset to play multiple positions (heck he even played linebacker last year for us). He's like a better version of Shaun Phillips.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I like what Melvin can do without Bosa better than Bosa sans Melvin.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Say what you want about Mevlvin, but he definitely worked out for us IMO. He'll never be a prime Merriman but he's a quality pass rusher who's gotten better every year and has the skillset to play multiple positions (heck he even played linebacker last year for us). He's like a better version of Shaun Phillips.
                      He hasn't worked out to expectations is more accurate but be has been durable since his knee injury. If we could get another pass rusher then I'd like them to move Melvin around or move Bosa inside on passing downs.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He hasn't worked out to expectations is more accurate but be has been durable since his knee injury. If we could get another pass rusher then I'd like them to move Melvin around or move Bosa inside on passing downs.
                        I'd like to get a run-stuffing, pocket-pushing DT in round 1 or 2, then grab a pass rusher in the mid to late rounds...

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                          I like what Melvin can do without Bosa better than Bosa sans Melvin.
                          It doesn't really matter. We need 2 edge rusher and someone to push the pocket. THere is no such thing as just enough pass rush.

The big thing we need to do is improve the OL, so the offense improves and becomes more consistent, then it will put a lot of pressure on teams we play to score and that means being able to let our pass rushers pin their ears back and go after the QB more.

Comment

Working...
                          X