• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

SOS is still discussed by broadcasters/analysts throughout the year. Sorry . They don't just wait until the end of year until it is 'meaningful'.

Your other post is a red herring
    Whatever you want to call it.....valid or not. I think it's kinda dumb to talk about SOS now, but whatever.

I just take issue with saying KCs 12 wins were better than ours when we had virtually the same schedule but we had to go to London to play a team that just missed the playoffs...in part because they lost to us while KC played a bad Jax team at home

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

I will openly admit this was a mistake by me to create a thread from another discussion. In doing so it left out a lot of the context behind Cdn's comments. And in a way forced him to be out on an Island.

From now on i will work with a member and ask permission to spin a thread discussion into another topic. In this case it was free agency and this discussion felt like it was veering off course in the free agency thread.

So i took the initiative and made this a thread. I am not a perfect owner by any means. We rarely mod here. Its pretty wide open. I will make more mistakes im sure. lol

I dont ever want to feel like i took a members comments from a thread and created a new thread as an opportunity to single him out and have members line up to call him things like a troll.

This was a bad move by me. Im sorry. It wont happen again.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Ontario , Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
        But it is the end of the year NOW. How is 2017 SOS rankings, or 2016, or 2015, relevant NOW? No one without agenda would judge a GM by projected SOS rankings for the year, when the actual SOS rankings have gone into the record book.
        Again broadcasters refer to it all the time during start end of season so not sure why this is some great mystery to you. Not sure what you mean by actual SOS records either. There is only one SOS referred to.

We were arguing of our SOS vs KC's and it was only pouring over this for hours do we see they are closer. I just took a quick objective look. I f I knew this was going to be deliberated over for hours I would have left it out.
        Last edited by Cdn Bolt; 04-05-2019, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Ontario , Canada
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          I will openly admit this was a mistake by me to create a thread from another discussion. In doing so it left out a lot of the context behind Cdn's comments. And in a way forced him to be out on an Island.

From now on i will work with a member and ask permission to spin a thread discussion into another topic. In this case it was free agency and this discussion felt like it was veering off course in the free agency thread.

So i took the initiative and made this a thread. I am not a perfect owner by any means. We rarely mod here. Its pretty wide open. I will make more mistakes im sure. lol

I dont ever want to feel like i took a members comments from a thread and created a new thread as an opportunity to single him out and have members line up to call him things like a troll.

Don't worry at all. A lot of it was my post but I didn't think such a benign topic would generate so much interest and flack anyway. Still surprised noone else is concerned about Telesco but hope I'm wrong. Anyway I sort of rolled w it an kept it going just for the fun sake of debate. Probably dragged this on a little further than needed to myself lol. All good.
          Last edited by Cdn Bolt; 04-05-2019, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Don't worry at all. A lot of it was my post but I didn't think such a benign topic would generate so much interest and flack anyway. Still surprised noone else is concerned about Telesco but hope I'm wrong. Anyway I sort of rolled w it an kept it going just for the fun sake of debate. Probably dragged this on a little further than needed too lol myself. All good.
            Thanks man. Im all for spiritted debate. But i dont want to force it on a member. I should have reached out to you. Thank you for allowing me to learn at your expense. lol

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Pretty sure towards the end of the season, TV announcers start talking about comparable records in the ongoing season, not previous season SOS. And the NFL uses the same thing at the end of the season for tie-breaker criteria.

There are many things to hold TT to task, and reasonable ways to do so. This is just not that. Sad really, cuz talking about how our base D could improve is vital IMO. And got totally lost.
              Last edited by blueman; 04-05-2019, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• ChargersFan78
                Ossss
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

​​​​​​Telesco seems to follow the build mainly through the draft approach of GM's like Bill Polian and Ted Thompson, both of whom were successful at times but are now both unemployed.

We had an easy schedule last year so maybe the 12-4 record may have been magnified. We did get destroyed by a real playoff team in the end. Aside from that Telesco's record has been really middling. Overall he is just .500 over his 6 yrs here.

Putting aside injuries, we have generally been awful vs the run in recent years. NE ran all over us in the playoff loss. Every year we pine for DL help which generally gets disregarded by mgmt.

Again this year we are doing the same thing and expecting a different result. No DL added. Maybe the Thomas Davis and the LB being healthy will help. Maybe they will add an Impact DT. Or maybe none will occur and maybe again they will have injuries and again we will be awful.

Either way, Telesco has to be started to be held to account. If we do well and our run D is finally improved then good , he should stay. If not they should seriously start to look at his body of work.
                We sent seven players to the Pro Bowl last year. Granted, only one of those was actually drafted by Telesco, but the bottom line is that we have a GM who is putting solid players on the field and a head coach who is getting solid performances out of those players. When you have that, it's generally a good idea to stay the course. If we start regressing badly the way we did under AJ and Norv, then we can start talking about holding guys to account. I like the formula we have right now.

Comment

• ChargersFan78
                  Ossss
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Wow, a forum administrator/moderator actually willing to admit mistakes and learn from them? If some of the former CMB mods had your level of integrity, perhaps there would still be a CMB, and said disgraced former mods wouldn't be relegated to congregating in a largely irrelevant forum and attempting to relive the glory of years past. Props to you for being a stand up gentleman

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersFan78 View Post

Wow, a forum administrator/moderator actually willing to admit mistakes and learn from them? If some of the former CMB mods had your level of integrity, perhaps there would still be a CMB, and said disgraced former mods wouldn't be relegated to congregating in a largely irrelevant forum and attempting to relive the glory of years past. Props to you for being a stand up gentleman
                    I appreciate that man. Hope to see you around more.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersFan78 View Post

We sent seven players to the Pro Bowl last year. Granted, only one of those was actually drafted by Telesco, but the bottom line is that we have a GM who is putting solid players on the field and a head coach who is getting solid performances out of those players. When you have that, it's generally a good idea to stay the course. If we start regressing badly the way we did under AJ and Norv, then we can start talking about holding guys to account. I like the formula we have right now..
                      Agreed !
                      100% !
                      Entire post,
                      especially boldface.
                      Last edited by wu-dai clan; 04-21-2019, 12:10 PM.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

At the beginning of 2018 season, the Chargers faced the 3rd hardest schedule, based on the records from 2017. For 2019, they are right in the middle, 16th. Past performance based on records is not a reliable predictor of future success or difficulty.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                          At the beginning of 2018 season, the Chargers faced the 3rd hardest schedule, based on the records from 2017. For 2019, they are right in the middle, 16th. Past performance based on records is not a reliable predictor of future success or difficulty.
                          Well, the jist of this thread is stating we had an easy schedule last season. No matter where they have us ranked this year, Minnesota is going to be better, so is Denver and even the Raiders. Not sure how Miami will be this year as they seem to be kinda rebuilding

Doesn't matter to me as long as we beat the better teams like we should.....like KC and Pittsburgh.

Comment

Working...
                          X