• Show
Clear All
  • Cdn Bolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Ontario , Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Did you include how many more earlier time zones games, longer road trips, when in the season games were played against opponents, etc?
    While I appreciate your point of view, this is not a winning subject you are trying to defend.
    I didn't want to super over complicate this. All I said objectively was looking at teh SOS given to us it was in fact the 8th easiest so maybe our 12-4 record was a little inflated.

Again this has morphed in 100 different directions. Objectively at the start of the year we had the easier schedule then KC. if you want to fine tune down to who logged more air miles, time zones I'll concede maybe the schedules were more similar but some good debate anyway.
    Last edited by Cdn Bolt; 04-04-2019, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

This thread has surprisingly stayed very much on course. The original premise is wrong, that's all.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

The thing about relative schedule strength is that the schedule is too short to really make it statistically valid. Yes, the Chargers did play some bad teams, so the strength of schedule is relatively low, but they won enough to get into the post season, and that is the real first step to make win it all. Those "bad" teams may have been playoff teams the season before because they won games they had to. The difference between "good" and "bad" really isn't that big in the NFL, but breaking out is more important.

12-4 is just a record. It can't be "inflated", but it is the result of so many things that go into a season, including relative strength, team skill, and luck. They were as likely to go 14-2 or 10-6, as far as I'm concerned, but they made the playoffs.

Comment

• pacstud
          Black Belt Poster
          • Sep 2018
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
          This thread has surprisingly stayed very much on course. The original premise is wrong, that's all.
          /thread and qft

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Ontario , Canada
            • Send PM

I was just talking about the SOS discussion actually. The original real premise was Telesco may deserve some scrutiny if he can't address some long standing problems. Wrong maybe IYO
            Last edited by Cdn Bolt; 04-05-2019, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

No one is. But you started with a faulty SOS statement, which regardless of others pointing it out to you, you seem more than content to minimize. Because it feeds your agenda-driven premise.

IMHO this thread is demonstratedly all about you, not TT. If you wish it to be otherwise, a good first step would be to drop the faulty rhetoric.

Good first question to answer: what credit does TT get for taking a 9-6 team that missed the playoffs, to a 13-5 road-win playoff team under a second year HC?

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Ontario , Canada
                • Send PM

No one is. But you started with a faulty SOS statement, which regardless of others pointing it out to you, you seem more than content to minimize. Because it feeds your agenda-driven premise.

IMHO this thread is demonstratedly all about you, not TT. If you wish it to be otherwise, a good first step would be to drop the faulty rhetoric.

Good first question to answer: what credit does TT get for taking a 9-6 team that missed the playoffs, to a 13-5 road-win playoff team under a second year HC?
                It wasn't faulty. That was the SOS reported per CBS/ESPN take your pick. Couldn't be any more objective and this has nothing to do w me. And I don't have some agenda other than to try and defend the 12-4 record critique which wasn't even my main pt.

Then it became but but that isn't what really happened in the year, air miles , time zones etc. So I said fine maybe it wasn't as reflective of the 'actual' schedule as it unfolded in real time

You still can't argue it wasn't the SOS at the start of the year. Sorry that was a fact. Maybe drop your own faulty rhetoric. His record is still .500 and we have some recurring issues so what criticism does he deserve for that? If he does well this year fine. If not he is not beyond criticism whether it pleases everyone or not
                Last edited by Cdn Bolt; 04-05-2019, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

SOS at the START of the year is meaningless at the END of the year.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Which makes me wonder. For draft slotting for teams with the same records, do they use the SOS before the year or end of year results? I thought it was end of year results.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Ontario , Canada
                      • Send PM

SOS is still discussed by broadcasters/analysts throughout the year. Sorry . They don't just wait until the end of year until it is 'meaningful'.

Your other post is a red herring
                      Last edited by Cdn Bolt; 04-05-2019, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

But it is the end of the year NOW. How is 2017 SOS rankings, or 2016, or 2015, relevant NOW? No one without agenda would judge a GM by projected SOS rankings for the year, when the actual SOS rankings have gone into the record book.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Which makes me wonder. For draft slotting for teams with the same records, do they use the SOS before the year or end of year results? I thought it was end of year results.
                          Lol, I am almost certain they use the rankings from 2006.

Comment

Working...
                          X