• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

And the year before that, etc. Just the way he is and Eli has no emotion. Rivers gets excited during interviews. Not a big deal to, me it's just how he is. I'm sure the players and coaches don't sweat it.

It's a fan thing how they want their guy to be.
    I'm okay with Rivers's hyper attitude, unless it translates to a game day panic when he slings the rock into coverage for a pick...last year, he seems to have overcome this...

Comment

• Budsman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I'm okay with Rivers's hyper attitude, unless it translates to a game day panic when he slings the rock into coverage for a pick...last year, he seems to have overcome this...
      That seemed to be a by product of hero ball by rivers because he was forced to make crazy plays because the team put him in bad spots. Rivers is going to try to win and sometimes that meant taking chances and losing.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
        Outback Goon
        • Sep 2018
        • Australia
        • Send PM

I said this many times before:

I cannot stand seeing Rivers clapping furiously and snapping the ball with 1sec left on play clock time and time again. If this outback goon can spot the tendency, then what do you think opposing DC's are doin?

2018 saw a reduction in this gameplay, which is good news and headed in the right direction. I think Pouncey was the biggest difference here. Look to see more improvement 2019

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Rivers is not perfect, but I don't expect the Bolts to have another qb as good as him in my lifetime. I hope he plays till his arm falls off.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

That seemed to be a by product of hero ball by rivers because he was forced to make crazy plays because the team put him in bad spots. Rivers is going to try to win and sometimes that meant taking chances and losing.
            And if we're going to win the big games, Rivers needs to keep his cool and not force things by playing "hero ball"...hopefully he has learned this...

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

I cannot stand seeing Rivers clapping furiously and snapping the ball with 1sec left on play clock time and time again. If this outback goon can spot the tendency, then what do you think opposing DC's are doin?

2018 saw a reduction in this gameplay, which is good news and headed in the right direction. I think Pouncey was the biggest difference here. Look to see more improvement 2019
              Exactly. Maybe they should tell him he can't audible. O

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Well we had Pulley at OC. Shipped him out fast after we got Pouncey and he was a part of the second worst OL last season for the Giants.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Pretty nice to not have Rivers worry about all the run blocking or pass protection right?

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Well we had Pulley at OC. Shipped him out fast after we got Pouncey and he was a part of the second worst OL last season for the Giants.
                    Pulley actually played very well for the Giants down the stretch. He was a much better player for them than with us.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Pulley actually played very well for the Giants down the stretch. He was a much better player for them than with us.
                      Yikes. This goes back to my beef on oline matters. Is our coaching up tpo snuff?

Comment

• Lyth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Yikes. This goes back to my beef on oline matters. Is our coaching up tpo snuff?
                        Scheme has alot to do with it. Also have to say that our interior line has been weak overall for years. A player who's a little above average would get dragged down to the level of the others.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Uh, coaching ...
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X