• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

But why? He's not any cheaper next year. Take the cap hit this year so it doesn't look like you're trying to go cheap on your players. Pay the man now so other players don't see cap money sitting there they can go after. Rivers is the team, pay the man. And I have to repeat that, this team is nothing without Rivers.
    The bolded doesn't matter to a player, or even implies that the team is cheap.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

The Rivers era will end. It's not like he's delivered trophies. I love him as a guy but he's 15 years in and still gets agitated and panicky at the line. This is your year PR. Get it done now.
      Appearances can be deceiving. How much of that is the rotating cast of centers that he had in front of him since Nick retired? People forget that he was basically doing everything at the line until Pouncey came along. A good center is crucial for the OL and the QB. It's why the Saints were willing to trade up to replace Max Unger. And given that Rivers is always animated, I don't think what you saw was necessarily agitation or panic. It's just how he is.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
        Appearances can be deceiving. How much of that is the rotating cast of centers that he had in front of him since Nick retired? People forget that he was basically doing everything at the line until Pouncey came along. A good center is crucial for the OL and the QB. It's why the Saints were willing to trade up to replace Max Unger. And given that Rivers is always animated, I don't think what you saw was necessarily agitation or panic. It's just how he is.
        he was doing it last year as well. appearances can be deceiving but i've been watching him his entire career.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

It's interesting actually. We led the league with 8 delay of game penalties last year, but that was still lower than our 2017 numbers. Surprisingly, 2011 and 2014 were really low.
          http://www.nflpenalties.com/penalty/...team&year=2018

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

he was doing it last year as well. appearances can be deceiving but i've been watching him his entire career.
            And the year before that, etc. Just the way he is and Eli has no emotion. Rivers gets excited during interviews. Not a big deal to, me it's just how he is. I'm sure the players and coaches don't sweat it.

It's a fan thing how they want their guy to be.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 05-29-2019, 05:23 PM.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

And the year before that, etc. Just the way he is and Eli has no emotion. Rivers gets excited during interviews. Not a big deal to, me it's just how he is. I'm sure the players and coaches don't sweat it.

It's a fan thing how they want their guy to be.
              I'd be fine with it if we had a couple of titles.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

I'd be fine with it if we had a couple of titles.
                I'd love a couple of titles too and if we did, would you be saying it's time to move on? I don't think his actics is why we don't have a title

I just don't put it all on Rivers why we have no titles. Many came before him with none. SD has no titles period.

Dan Marino has none and many other greats. Still a team game and the QB gets too much credit and too much negativity for both.
                Ben, Peyton and Eli all didn't play very well in a SB win.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 05-29-2019, 06:02 PM.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

I'd love a couple of titles too and if we did, would you be saying it's time to move on? I don't think his actics is why we don't have a title

I just don't put it all on Rivers why we have no titles. Many came before him with none. SD has no titles period.

Dan Marino has none and many other greats. Still a team game and the QB gets too much credit and too much negativity for both.
                  Ben, Peyton and Eli all didn't play very well in a SB win.
                  No. I'd probably be saying the guy can stay until he decides to go.

SD has a 1963 AFL Championship. They are an LA team now.

Those other guys may not have played their best in the Super Bowl but they played well enough to get there. We haven't been there with Rivers. I agree its a team game. So the question becomes how much of your cap are you going to sink into 1 player on a 53 player squad?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

No. I'd probably be saying the guy can stay until he decides to go.

SD has a 1963 AFL Championship. They are an LA team now.

Those other guys may not have played their best in the Super Bowl but they played well enough to get there. We haven't been there with Rivers. I agree its a team game. So the question becomes how much of your cap are you going to sink into 1 player on a 53 player squad?
                    Yeah that don't count for anything. Try bragging about that to fans of other teams lol .
                    And I know where they are. Team is still cursed as as long as Spanos owns it.

We havent had their defenses either. Top 5 defense I think gives us a great shot.

Far as I'm concerned the HOF bound Rivers can stay til he decides to go. It will be hard to replace him.
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 05-29-2019, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Yeah that don't count for anything. Try bragging about that to fans of other teams lol .
                      And I know where they are.Team is still cursed as as long as Spanos owns it.

We havent had their defenses either. Top 5 defense I think gives us a great shot.

Far as I'm concerned the HOF bound Rivers can stay til he decides to go. It will be hard to replace him.
                      Didn't we have a top 5 defense in 2006? 2009? We have had some pretty good defense.

Well, if you believe we're cursed it doesn't really matter who the QB is.

Comment

• Budsman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

There isn't one way to lead. PR has his way of leading and some people like it and others don't. He's a leader and that's what matters.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Didn't we have a top 5 defense in 2006? 2009? We have had some pretty good defense.
                          Nope, #7 in 2006 and #11 in 2009.
                          2009 rush defense not as good as 2006 or last season.

Comment

Working...
                          X