• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

I'd have taken Thornhill over Adderly but I still like the pick. Both close in comparison but think Thornhill better at ballhawking.
    However, now I hope Adderley is a pro bowler and DROY

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

feelgood pick for me.... similar to how I felt 'bout getting Denzel in the second.

love his intangibles and like that Telesco described him as "tough."

he's got quite a contingent to outplay, even @60 w/the likes of Rapp, Isabella, Thornhill, Hurd, Jachai, Josh Oliver, Dre'Mont and others.

and like others have mentioned, for quite awhile word on @least some streets, was that he might cost us our first.

welcome Nasir and looking forward to you roaming the single high....
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
        I think a strong pass rush will help his reads.
        Hanging out and studying with Adrian Phillips and DJ will too.

Comment

• charger1993
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Hanging out and studying with Adrian Phillips and DJ will too.
          It had to, with bosa, ingram and the new rook tillery we should get a good ammount of pressure. Contract year for bosa to, lets hope he plays out of his mond. We might end up with a superbowl. But thats me putting alot of weight on our defense.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Thornhill was my guy but had Nasir as a top 30 player. He fits our scheme perfectly and was a great value at #60
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• charger1993
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
              Thornhill was my guy but had Nasir as a top 30 player. He fits our scheme perfectly and was a great value at #60
              he is a great value at 60. I like how he fits in our scheme. My only concern is his play rec. And the level of comp he played had terrible qb play. Again i like him. I cant wait to see how training camp goes for him. After training camp my nerves on him will either be gone, or will worsen if rivers just exposes him. Idk of that makes sense.

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

Adding Tillery makes a lot of sense. His production alone justifies picking him. He is a good pass rusher and run stuffer who can help match up against KC interior OL. He is a good enough player to be at least part of our rotation, if not an immediate star. KC got so much production on offense because they had great stars at the skill positions, but their OL gave Mahomes time to read the field and make plays. Take that away, and like any great QB, they are a lot less great. He is still going to be a pain in the ass, but it gives us a better chance.

The big thing the pick does is the synergy thing. He adds something, and that something is a big something. But he compliments Nwosu, Ingram and Bosa. Look at the great pass rushing DL, they always have pressure coming from inside and outside. If the QB steps up, the DT can get him, if the DT push the middle, then the DE get them. Too many times Bosa and Ingram get around the edge in position to finish the play, only to have the QB climb the pocket and get away. And when the DT push the pocket to the QB, that is where some of the really big losses come from, the ones with the big changes in field position. Sacks have a direct correlation to wins, but big losses in yardage really help that even more.

I like some of the other options for rushing the passer inside that we have. I think Lanier can be a good situational (interior) pass rusher for us. Nwosu adds depth to rotate off the edge and let us slide either Ingram or Bosa inside on long down and distances. Rochelle will probably be a nice addition to both the edge and inside. But Tillery gives us a more regular down and distance, plus we still need the edge guys...... one the edge. There were a couple of times vs Baltimore where Jackson slid out and away from the inside rush. We needed a true inside guy, and while I think all those other things are still tools for Bradley to use, we needed Tillery to drive the OL back into the QB face.

In my mind, the other big thing is to get our offense to be more consistent. Even if it is just having the O get a couple of first downs before a punt, we start backing teams up, make them play on a long field. Better field position means more points for us, less for them. Time of possession means little by itself, but if we can play keep away, and kill some clock while we score points and pin a team back, it puts a lot of pressure on the other team. They have to try and score points, and even last year we could outscore most teams. So that means throwing more, and with bad field positon and less time, it means throwing more, which plays into the strength of our defense. Add to it our strong pass rush that can come in waves from both inside and outside, we can put a lot of pressure on teams. Then add in some blitzes with Adderley in blitz coverage and DJ flying off the edge, our D is looking better by the second.

Add in it that KC looks like it may self destruct, between losing Hunt, Hill's legal difficulty and Spangoloa's lack of defensive success lately, it could be a lot of things coming together. I am really interested in what happens tomorrow.

Comment

• charger1993
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Adding Tillery makes a lot of sense. His production alone justifies picking him. He is a good pass rusher and run stuffer who can help match up against KC interior OL. He is a good enough player to be at least part of our rotation, if not an immediate star. KC got so much production on offense because they had great stars at the skill positions, but their OL gave Mahomes time to read the field and make plays. Take that away, and like any great QB, they are a lot less great. He is still going to be a pain in the ass, but it gives us a better chance.

The big thing the pick does is the synergy thing. He adds something, and that something is a big something. But he compliments Nwosu, Ingram and Bosa. Look at the great pass rushing DL, they always have pressure coming from inside and outside. If the QB steps up, the DT can get him, if the DT push the middle, then the DE get them. Too many times Bosa and Ingram get around the edge in position to finish the play, only to have the QB climb the pocket and get away. And when the DT push the pocket to the QB, that is where some of the really big losses come from, the ones with the big changes in field position. Sacks have a direct correlation to wins, but big losses in yardage really help that even more.

I like some of the other options for rushing the passer inside that we have. I think Lanier can be a good situational (interior) pass rusher for us. Nwosu adds depth to rotate off the edge and let us slide either Ingram or Bosa inside on long down and distances. Rochelle will probably be a nice addition to both the edge and inside. But Tillery gives us a more regular down and distance, plus we still need the edge guys...... one the edge. There were a couple of times vs Baltimore where Jackson slid out and away from the inside rush. We needed a true inside guy, and while I think all those other things are still tools for Bradley to use, we needed Tillery to drive the OL back into the QB face.

In my mind, the other big thing is to get our offense to be more consistent. Even if it is just having the O get a couple of first downs before a punt, we start backing teams up, make them play on a long field. Better field position means more points for us, less for them. Time of possession means little by itself, but if we can play keep away, and kill some clock while we score points and pin a team back, it puts a lot of pressure on the other team. They have to try and score points, and even last year we could outscore most teams. So that means throwing more, and with bad field positon and less time, it means throwing more, which plays into the strength of our defense. Add to it our strong pass rush that can come in waves from both inside and outside, we can put a lot of pressure on teams. Then add in some blitzes with Adderley in blitz coverage and DJ flying off the edge, our D is looking better by the second.

Add in it that KC looks like it may self destruct, between losing Hunt, Hill's legal difficulty and Spangoloa's lack of defensive success lately, it could be a lot of things coming together. I am really interested in what happens tomorrow.
                  Dp you think the defensive players we added today and yesterday could help us keep joey?? I know his family and agent were alil mad about the rookie hold out. Do u think adding the fs we desperately needed and a dt who can push the pocket will make bosa want to stay?? Or does everyone still think joey is gonna walk on us??

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

think that was my big hang up w/Tillery was that I was under the impression that he lacked in run D ?? along w/you (Steve) and plenty o' other pundits (is that a fair statement ? apparently they like Tillery against the run ??

and neither had I heard that 'bout sacks in relation to the win column, as was under the impression otherwise, that sack stats/totals were overrated ??

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

Dp you think the defensive players we added today and yesterday could help us keep joey?? I know his family and agent were alil mad about the rookie hold out. Do u think adding the fs we desperately needed and a dt who can push the pocket will make bosa want to stay?? Or does everyone still think joey is gonna walk on us??
                      Who knows but he is under contract for 2 more years and then there is always the franchise tag.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• charger1993
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Who knows but he is under contract for 2 more years and then there is always the franchise tag.
                        Im just asking because if we lose bosa thats gonna hurt this defense. So if we can get players that might entice him to stay like tillery for example, im all for it.
                        And the franchise tag idk man. Joey seems like he would do what leveon did and refuse to play.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Windsor, U.K.
                          • Send PM

Okay, someone has to make the " cousin" connection for me.
                          Herb Adderley is 80 years old. How is this 21 year old his cousin? Are we talking 3rd cousin?

Comment

Working...
                          X