• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
    Donnie Edwards had a hell of a game his last game against the Patriots at the Murph. Best Charger player on the field that day not named LT. - he did everything.

Tranquil reminds me more of Chris Borland.
    I always wondered where the hell was the rest of the team while Donnie was being dragged. Being the quickest player on D earned him a lot of disrespect.

Comment

• WindsorUK
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Windsor, U.K.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Tranquil so far, to my eyes and faded memory, looks like much more of a hitter than Donnie was. I loved Donnie but there were alot of jokes about him getting dragged 5 yards on tackles back in his day. Donnie was a better cover LB, maybe, although Tranquil already has a pick and pass defenses in limited PS action.
      Ditto.
      Dude made LOADS of plays but unfortunately was often seen being dragged along by the ball carrier a few extra yards. No idea if he was late in reacting or covering up for others who weren't quick/ good enough to make plays.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Ditto.
        Dude made LOADS of plays but unfortunately was often seen being dragged along by the ball carrier a few extra yards. No idea if he was late in reacting or covering up for others who weren't quick/ good enough to make plays.
        Downfield Donnie!

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Donnie Edwards was a Marty guy - played with him forever on the Chiefs & Chargers. AJ Smith got rid of him for that reason.
          Cooper and wilhelm were waiting in the wings: one of those two was good.

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

Donnie was also at the end of his career. AJ might have run him off a bit early, but it was always a matter of time. That is especially true of undersized guys.

I am not sure what more of a hitter means to everybody. To me, he is more of a guy who can step into the hole and make a heads up tackle. Not Donnie's strength. It will be interesting to see if Tranquill can develop the kind of range and drops that Donnie did, because whatever AJ may have disliked, in todays game, having ability in space is actually not a horrible thing for a LB to have.

Tranquill had a great PS as a LB, and if he can show some ability in coverage, he should be a nice addition. His drops looked a lot better than what he did in college, so I think he is well on his way there.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              Donnie was also at the end of his career. AJ might have run him off a bit early, but it was always a matter of time. That is especially true of undersized guys.

I am not sure what more of a hitter means to everybody. To me, he is more of a guy who can step into the hole and make a heads up tackle. Not Donnie's strength. It will be interesting to see if Tranquill can develop the kind of range and drops that Donnie did, because whatever AJ may have disliked, in todays game, having ability in space is actually not a horrible thing for a LB to have.

Tranquill had a great PS as a LB, and if he can show some ability in coverage, he should be a nice addition. His drops looked a lot better than what he did in college, so I think he is well on his way there.
              Do you think Whiffhelm was a better option than DE at that point?

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Do you think Whiffhelm was a better option than DE at that point?
                God no. Not at any point

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

"Hey coach, wanna rotate me in on D?"

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  😂