• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
    Stick * has team Tommy John all over it.... liked Stidham in the draft, and like Brett Rypien as an available roster cut
    Geremy * Patton was my guy, and guess Davis has extra ST's value to be 53 worthy
    Pope * think he may be the most vulnerable player on the 53, and.... who do you bring in to replace him ?? Samaje Perine doesn't look to be the answer to that query
    Teamer * willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, and a bit surprised that Jaylen Watkins didn't make the grade
    Peace * bit of a surprise, as personally liked Lanier, but apparently he didn't do so well against better preseason comp, and Peace got into the backfield some
    Watt * think I woulda gone Jeremy Cox there
    Derwin * hopin' Pickett spells that roster spot come next week
    Tranquill * still wary of his durability and run D, and not sure we wouldn't do well to sign Raiders cutdown Te'von Coney
    Quessenberry * IOL Tony Adams did get cut, and apparently had a poor outing or two, and is more the run blocker than interior pass protector
    Travis Benjamin * recall during the draft process half penciling in Cedrick Wilson as a potential heir apparent to Travis, and.... he was a camp casualty in Dallas

ps. any love left for Gerald Willis.... wu dai ??
    Mild understatement u "liked" stidham. U wanted to burn a 1st rd pick on him.

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
      Except he'll prolly dog it or fake an injury when he does have to report.Dude is lookin more n more shiesty the longer this stupid drama plays out.
      thst would hurt his future value. Think this is a wakeup call to team Gordon th a t he is nowhere near the guy that will reset the RB market value.

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

Good point.Just hopin if the dude is gonna sign then sign.Would be lame seeing him wait till week ten to play.Couldnt help but have ill will for em then.

Comment

• WahooBlue
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2014
          • Send PM

Gordon has already burned his bridges with the Chargers
          If he plays here this year it's a half hearted effort as he won't put himself in any position to get injured and the Chargers are not going to offer him anything close to what he thinks he is worth.
          Just another reason to really hate the NFL and all the idiot divas in it

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

And Gordon trolling the Chargers:

If I am TT and see this I am thinking....FUCK this guy!!!

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I have no animosity toward Gordon. I like the kid. But I really don't care if he signs or not. Usually on one of these holdouts I am bummed. With him, I was like meh from day one. He just is not a special player. He is definitely good but there are lots of good RB.
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Mild understatement u "liked" stidham. U wanted to burn a 1st rd pick on him.
                I wish he would get over his man crush on Stidham...tired of hearing about it. But sadly, have to give him credit...the Patriots like him a lot, and have made him the #2 behind Brady...

But Beach, dude...he is not a Charger...you gotta let it go, bro!
                Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I wish he would get over his man crush on Stidham...tired of hearing about it. But sadly, have to give him credit...the Patriots like him a lot, and have made him the #2 behind Brady...

But Beach, dude...he is not a Charger...you gotta let it go, bro!
                  Credit? He has looked good in PS. I said he was an excellent value for Day 3 before the draft. Beach wanted to use a first in a guy that was still on the board in the 4th round. Not sure I find that credit worthy.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Credit? He has looked good in PS. I said he was an excellent value for Day 3 before the draft. Beach wanted to use a first in a guy that was still on the board in the 4th round. Not sure I find that credit worthy.
                    Just saying Stidham is looking decent....but a first? Definitely not...just being fair in pointing out that Stidham may have some talent...but also imploring B to let some of his favorite past prospects go...he can really hang on to some shit sometimes...
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

So, who gets claimed from the Chargers and by who? Chargers aren't in a good spot to take any serviceable OTs, on the other hand, and are just waiting to see if they can build a useful Practice Squad.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                        Pretty much retired......
                        • Sep 2018
                        • JoJa
                        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                        • Send PM

So to save me time of looking it up, when does the shit start with waiver claims and practice squads? I have to go mow the backyard so help another diehard out.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                          So to save me time of looking it up, when does the shit start with waiver claims and practice squads? I have to go mow the backyard so help another diehard out.
                          Each team is allowed to sign 10 players to their practice squad. Not everyone is eligible for it and those players can't play in games, but it does allow them to continue their NFL careers.

Here are all the rules and stipulations that come with the practice squad.

Practice squad size

Each team is allowed to carry 10 players on its practice squad. As the title states, players are allowed to practice with the team while on the squad, but they are not permitted to play in any games. It gives coaches the chance to continue evaluating them during the season. In addition to the 10 players, teams participating in the International Player Development Program can also carry one international player to the practice squad.

Player eligibility

Not all players are eligible for the practice squad, which limits the pool of players who can be added to the 10-man squad. Teams are allowed to sign four players with two accrued seasons to the practice squad. The other six players must have fewer than two years of experience. Players can't stay on the practice squad for more than three seasons. A player must be on the practice squad for a minimum six games for that season to count toward the three-year limit.

Minimum salary

According to the current CBA, players on the practice squad will make a minimum of $8,000 per week. There is no limit on how much a practice squad player can make per week, however.

With a season being 17 weeks, the minimum yearly salary is $136,000.

Signing process

Teams can begin assembling their practice squad at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, Sept. 1 after players clear waivers. Waiver claims must be submitted by 12 p.m. ET.

Player "poaching"

Players on the practice squad aren't protected from being signed by other teams. Teams are allowed to sign players from other teams' practice squads, but they don't immediately revert to their practice squad. If a player is signed off another team's practice squad, he has to be elevated to the signing team's 53-man roster for at least three weeks, while also earning three weeks salary.
                          Last edited by Bolt-O; 09-01-2019, 07:24 AM. Reason: formatting.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X