• Send PM

Not surprised about White.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I sure hope the Bolts did their due diligence checking on Adderley's medical issues pre-draft...sure hope he gets healthy, but this is one big red flag for me--when a player has a history of nagging injuries...for this reason, I didn't want to take him in round 1...ask yourself, why did all those teams pass on Adderley not only in round 1, but also in most of round 2?
      Here is why...

1 The injury
      2. The slow 40 time he ran while recovering
      3. The level of competition he faced
      4. The position he plays
      5. The number of teams who run a system with a single high free safety

If he had chronic injuries, he would have made it to the 4rth round.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
        My dude Kyzir our Mike

Who is missing here? Are we in base or sub? Is King in the slot and we are missing a CB? Or is Nwosu left off? There are 10 players listed. lol

Maybe we are in sub packages for passing only drills against the Saints and White is coming in at MLB? With Perryman slated to be a run down type?

Im just trying to figure out who the 11th player that is missing from the starting line up.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

EDIT - Its Michael Davis that is missing from that tweet. So we are in nickel. I think its possible we are just practicing with that sub package on passing downs. I dont know. I had always felt that our base would be Nwosu and Perryman at SAM and MIKE. Davis at Weak. Then White would sub in at MLB in Money D.

I know Bradley is high on T Davis' TE coverage skills. I wonder if they plan on having him cover Kelce 1v1.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Who is missing here? Are we in base or sub? Is King in the slot and we are missing a CB? Or is Nwosu left off? There are 10 players listed. lol

Maybe we are in sub packages for passing only drills against the Saints and White is coming in at MLB? With Perryman slated to be a run down type?

Im just trying to figure out who the 11th player that is missing from the starting line up.
            He missed CB2 Mike Davis
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

He missed CB2 Mike Davis
                Yep. So i would not be surprised if they are just working on passes here. Ive been out all day so i dont know what the rotations are. I see tweets that White has been running with the 1s all day. But are they running the ball? Or is it just passing drills and we are sub packages. I donk know.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Yep. So i would not be surprised if they are just working on passes here. Ive been out all day so i dont know what the rotations are. I see tweets that White has been running with the 1s all day. But are they running the ball? Or is it just passing drills and we are sub packages. I donk know.
                  Could be many things. That personnel package is are base .05.
                  Kyzir did start PSG1 and Perryman is healthy. Kyzir is bigger, more athletic, TREMENDOUS instincts/diagnostic skills, and his coverage ability is top tier.
                  Love the depth

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

These guys who are sports writers (ha)....
                    Kyzir played the "SPUR" at West Virginia. He'll be an IMPACT player for us!

Chargers 90-in-90: LB Kyzir White

By Michael Peterson@ZoneTracks Aug 15, 2019, 3:45pm PDT Share this storyRichard Mackson-USA TODAY Sports
                    One of my favorite draft prospects from the 2018 draft cycle, White brings a type of athleticism not often seen at the linebacker position. After being drafted in the fourth rund of that year, head coach Anthony Lynn stated immediately that their plan was to put some weight on Kyzir and have him play some linebacker for the Chargers.

His transition went about as well as it could have. White ended up the opening day starter at weakside linebacker and started the first three games of the regular season before suffering a knee injury that eventually cost him the rest of his rookie season.

He showed promise, picking off a pass and being one of the leading tacklers on the team through the first 10 quarters of the season.

White returns to a much more crowded linebacker room in 2019 but has recently had the inside track. In the team's first exhibition against the Arizona Cardinals, Kyzir Whitestarted with the first team defense at MIKE linebacker, even though incumbent Denzel Perryman was healthy and played with the back-up defense. Basic Info

Height: 6-2
                    Weight: 233
                    College: West Virginia
                    Experience: 1
                    Years with team: 1 Contract Status

"Kyzir White signed a 4 year, $3,114,441 contract with the Los Angeles Chargers, including a $654,441 signing bonus, $654,441 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $778,610. In 2019, White will earn a base salary of $570,000, while carrying a cap hit of $733,610 and a dead cap value of $490,831." - Spotrac.com The Good

White was a bright spot of the 2018 draft class when he wound up being the starter for the team's first three games a year ago. He put an exclamation on his time as the starter with his first career interception in week two against the Buffalo Bills.

White transition from a college safety to a linebacker in the NFL will only bode well for his potential as he brings ball-skills an a stickiness when he tackles that many can't say they possess at the highest level. The Bad

Starting his career out with a serious injury is never a good sign. What was so frustrating about his initial diagnosis was that Anthony Lynn noted that it was a minor injury and he would miss maybe two or three weeks. That turned into a minor surgery which then led to White missing the rest of the 2018 season.

He looks poised to win another starting job job but that first injury will be stuck in fan's minds for awhile. Odds of making the roster/What to expect in 2019

White is a lock to make the final roster and potentially win one of the three starting linebacker spots. After starting at WILL linebacker last year, White will look to win the starting MIKE or SAM spots since veteran Thomas Davis sharpie'd in at that weakside spot.

I expect White to be one of the more consistent contributors on this defense as he possesses a wide enough skill-set that will allow him to stay on the field for all three downs.

Fun Fact: White played "STAR" position at West Virginia, a hybrid position that allowed him to roam the defense and line up at a number of different spots, sort've like Derwin James did as a rookie last year.

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Could be many things. That personnel package is are base .05.
                      Kyzir did start PSG1 and Perryman is healthy. Kyzir is bigger, more athletic, TREMENDOUS instincts/diagnostic skills, and his coverage ability is top tier.
                      Love the depth
                      Man i didnt really get to see the pre season game the way i wanted. Scattered for that game trying to find streams. Was he starting in the middle?

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Man i didnt really get to see the pre season game the way i wanted. Scattered for that game trying to find streams. Was he starting in the middle?
                        Yes sir. Just PSG1 but I think he earns a spot as a starter.

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Yes sir. Just PSG1 but I think he earns a spot as a starter.
                          Well i saw Perryman playing so he must be backing him up at this point. How do you make players better? Let them fight for jobs. I love Kyzir. He was Telvin Smith type player. But with the frame and coverage skills to make him even more versatile. Im starting to think Bradley had those Jax LBs in mind when he drafted him. Really kind of loving our LB group right now. Was always such a thin group. Telesco is really good with some of his position groups.

Cant wait to see how it all shakes out.

Comment

Working...
                          X