• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Cantrell is now on IR, isn't he? Not that I have much hope if the guy can't even make it healthy to the first preseason game 2 years in a row.
    True dat...he was waived/injured, but nobody picked him up...so, I guess there's still a chance...

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Which LB do we cut to keep Dnzbar?

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
        Which LB do we cut to keep Dnzbar?
        jatavis? egbule? or they carry 8

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

I give dzub a 5% chamce to make the roster....and i feep that is being generous.watt is in jeaopardy too.
          They are both ST aces. Dzubnar played well PSG1. No one will go quietly. PSG2 next.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Big Dog
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Dzubnar made some plays, had the most tackles, and played better than I expected ... I expected he would suck but he didn't against 2nd-3rd stringers ...

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Dzub is athletically limited. No way they cut Egbule or any other drafted LB to keep Dzub this year. He is a ST guy tgat can be replaced by yiuth and athleticism. He has 0 upside as a LB.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Dzub is athletically limited. No way they cut Egbule or any other drafted LB to keep Dzub this year. He is a ST guy tgat can be replaced by yiuth and athleticism. He has 0 upside as a LB.
                Dzubnar has a tough haul to make the team. Jatavis is another cut candidate.
                The speed and athleticism is a huge gap between the 2.
                Jatavis is a 4th year player and If healthy is the wise choice. Better LB depth and could net an actual comp draft pick after a decent season and a FA deal.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

In the playoffs we were desperate for a living breathing LB, and Dzub still didn't factor in. Just sayin' ....

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Leo - Rush OLB/DE
                      Will - Weak ILB
                      Mike - Stong ILB
                      Otto - Coverage/Drop LB - most terms think of him as a SAM, but that would mean he lines up over the TE. We line our OTTO OLB (the Will is really an ILB), and at times line up on the weak side. Although most of the time, they are just a SAM LB. It is just a way of changing the matchups on the strong/weak side without totally confusing the rules all the players have for assignments.

Teams have been using Sam, Will, Mike for decades for the position names, but I can find all playbooks with lots of different names. My HS team used King(ILB), Queen (ILB), Jack (OLB), Ace (OLB).

Wade called his 34 LB Mack, Mike (ILB) and Sam and WIll as OLB.

IT doesn't matter what you call them so much as what you want them to do. BUt in the end, it is just a code word to allow the team to know what each player does on any given play.

The sheer variety explains why you can understand that NFL players/coaches often talk about new players having to learn the new team's "language". There are lots of way to tell a player to do something, lots of techniques and lot of combinations and permutations on the 11 players combinations of assignments and techniques. Some teams use terms for different assignments or techniques and then the player is totally confused.
                      Thanks Steve. You hear Bradley talking about Tillery at 3T today but also that they like him at 4B. For those that dont know that is over the OT correct. 4T. B Gap. Similar to a 5T but lined up over the tackle rather than outside. So he is a 2 gap player in that stance?

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

And remember, Dzoobie can't cover. All of our LBs except for Perryman can also cover to some degree, a hybrid trait that is more and more desirable for a D that can quickly adjust and defend vs. the pass even on "run" downs...Dzoob will most probably be "outmoded"...

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          George Stewart has brought the Special Teams along quite nicely.

The coverage and kicking game are vastly improved.

Our final roster spot(s) are gonna go to ST ace(s).

Derek Watt. Geremy Davis. Nick Dzubnar.

Respectfully disagree.
                          I agree that ST aces will finish out bottom position battles but they can't be the worst player at their offensive/defensive position. Dzub has consistently stunk the place up when inserted at LB.

ps: Stewart has overseen a lot of ST improvement. We were truly horrible a few years ago. Not nearly as bad last year, should be better this season wih a decent punter/kicker-offer.

Comment

Working...
                          X