• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

From Popper's 53 projection:

"First, I think Feeney will wind up starting at left guard over Lamp in Week 1, considering the way practice reps have been split recently. Feeney has received the lion's share of the snaps at left guard when Pouncey has been in at center during 11-on-11 drills"

I'm curious who was the RG in these 11-on-11 drills. I would guess Schofield.

Lamp very well might not start.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
      I still hate losing Cortez Broughton.

This team is lucky and deep at WR. They just have a knack for picking up young guys who can play. Not so much at DT. So I keep Broughton and PS Patton. If if we lose Patton, we still have other WRs on the PS who can be brought up as injury replacements.
      I would guess he clears waivers. He was passed up by pretty much every team in the draft.

Comment

• GoChargers!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Does anyone else think Stick could play on special teams and you cut Jones to get an extra roster spot?

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

THIS:

"I didn't have Teamer on the 53-man last week but he's been turning coaches' heads all camp, both on special teams and defense. In addition, Milus thinks Teamer can play slot corner. The Chargers haven't asked him to do much of that in practice yet -- he is a rookie, after all, and they don't want to put too much on his plate -- but the plan is to get him some work in that spot at some point during camp."

Teamer should make the 53, or he'll get poached quicker than u can say Wes Welker...

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Originally posted by GoChargers! View Post
            Does anyone else think Stick could play on special teams and you cut Jones to get an extra roster spot?
            Welcome to the blues. Good to have you.

I think Jones is a goner anyways. Stick has more upside. And can run really well. I think we will see Taylor compliment Rivers in games. With some designed runs. Stick probably wont even suit up for most games.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Good thing that list is just one man's prediction and not anything official.

Broughton has more upside than Square. It'll take a long time for more people to see that Square isn't that good, just like it took more fans a long time to see that Addae wasn't that good.
              Does Broughton have Square's versatility? That will determine his chance at making the 53.

Comment

• Big Dog
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Does Broughton have Square's versatility? That will determine his chance at making the 53.
                Ummmm ... how the Chargers view Broughton's upside potential and possibility of him being poached determines whether he makes the 53 or PS ... his versatility determines whether or not he is ACTIVE on game day ...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Our 53rd player is Broughton or Peace or Facyson or Kyle Wilson. Crunch the numbers.
                  Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                    Our 53rd player is Broughton or Peace or Facyson or Kyle Wilson. Crunch the numbers.
                    My vote is Peace. Burst is unique
                    Lanier should also be considered
                    we need length on the Dline
                    2024: Far From Over

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

oh my....
                      2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post

Ummmm ... how the Chargers view Broughton's upside potential and possibility of him being poached determines whether he makes the 53 or PS ... his versatility determines whether or not he is ACTIVE on game day ...
                        I was referring to Broughton over Square within the context of the other poster's response. Even though I rather keep Broughton over Square as well. Context matters my friend.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Welcome to the blues. Good to have you.

I think Jones is a goner anyways. Stick has more upside. And can run really well. I think we will see Taylor compliment Rivers in games. With some designed runs. Stick probably wont even suit up for most games.
                          So I guess Easton will be holding a clipboard...Clipboard Stick...

Comment

Working...
                          X