Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    Ingram has spent a lot of his time inside, either stunting on by alignment in the nickel rush line. Yesterday, Ingram was being stunted inside to provde some push up the middle, and keep Chicago from sliding an OG over to get Bosa.

It's hard for outside pass rushers to get much done when the pass coverage isn't very strong, and there is plenty of room for the QB to step up and away from the edge rush.

Personally, I think the role for Ingram going forward is to use him as our MLB or maybe even the base D Otto. He plays the MLB role in the goalline, and we could continue to use him as a pass rusher as well. Going forward his contract needs to be restructured, but that could be done as an extension, since we are thin at DE, and Ingram still has value at LB, and our LB position is not very good and bloated in the salary cap sense.
    I mentioned this in another thread...though not saying I'm the first to think it. But I like him playing a little more Otto, with Unwosu playing more Leo...and yea. I would also like to see a restructure. Not as explosive off the edge, still a darn good football player, leader, and Charger.
    The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• foreigner
      Tom Telesco is gone
      • Sep 2013
      • Send PM

Putting Nasir on IR makes me want to say..Fuck you Tom. Draft better will ya?

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
        Putting Nasir on IR makes me want to say..Fuck you Tom. Draft better will ya?
        We’re getting very little out of our top 3 picks. Not the way to build a team that only works through the draft and FA’s without options.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

We’re getting very little out of our top 3 picks. Not the way to build a team that only works through the draft and FA’s without options.
          During the draft period,
          TT made some flippant sounding comments.

We knew we were gonna draft Easton Stick one of these rounds.
          or words to that effect.

Maybe Easton will become our mobile QB...maybe not.

I still like the LBs at least.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jubei
            Vagabond Ninja
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

wait did adderley go on IR? for a hammy? if so what a HUGE waste of a roster spot!

Comment

• UglyTruth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2018
              • Send PM

This kid was the one I really wanted Telesco to pair up with Derwin James in the defensive backfield. Of course Telesco instead managed to draft the one that's soft as charmin.
              Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
              - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
              - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
              - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
              - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
              - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
              - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

This kid was the one I really wanted Telesco to pair up with Derwin James in the defensive backfield. Of course Telesco instead managed to draft the one that's soft as charmin.
                Mr. Thornhill was #9 on my board. We could have had him at pick #60 (where I had him mocked).
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Chargers33
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

TT has hit pretty nicely on some of our first round picks - not sure on Tillery. But beyond that our last two draft classes (save DJ and that was a no brainier honestly - he fell in our laps) have to rank towards the bottom of the league. And the 17 class has been snake bitten by injuries - wonder what lamp would have been without that major knee injury.... But with classes like these the quality of our depth is thinning - I am curious what this board thinks - but seems like our drafts have plateaued and now are not as good. Hopefully he can get that turned around again.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Ingram has spent a lot of his time inside, either stunting on by alignment in the nickel rush line. Yesterday, Ingram was being stunted inside to provde some push up the middle, and keep Chicago from sliding an OG over to get Bosa.

It's hard for outside pass rushers to get much done when the pass coverage isn't very strong, and there is plenty of room for the QB to step up and away from the edge rush.

Personally, I think the role for Ingram going forward is to use him as our MLB or maybe even the base D Otto. He plays the MLB role in the goalline, and we could continue to use him as a pass rusher as well. Going forward his contract needs to be restructured, but that could be done as an extension, since we are thin at DE, and Ingram still has value at LB, and our LB position is not very good and bloated in the salary cap sense.
                    It's well known that Bradley prefers not to blitz. The problem with it is that you need all the guys up front to be good at generating pressure. The guys on the D-line. Where the team has flaws at the positions.

Tillery isn't quite there. Hopefully he brushes up on his learning.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

Huge injury red flags with Adderley pre-draft...any time a player misses the combine due to one injury, then gets a different injury during his pro day--forcing him to cancel it...that should be enough to scare a lot of teams off...and apparently, it did...except for the good old Bolts...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Daniel Jeremiah, in this weeks excellent X's & O's video, refers to Ingram as a " Move Around Blitzer,"
                        as though it is some sort of emerging position.

Video clearly shows how there is a direct correlation between Ingram's return and Bosa as AFC DPOW.

Emmanuel Ogbah was seeing one on one looks last week,
                        and beating Brian Bulaga.

KC got to Rodgers several times.

The conclusion is that the Chargers have
                        a boxer's chance vs GB.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

MLB, and yes to subsequent/corresponding restructure this next offseason.... don't think you optimize his value @OTTO (his best blitz is up the middle).
                          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X