• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
    If not I like Broughton to see some meaningful snaps early, see how his play translates to the pros.
    This is gonna go nicely.
    Now, Feeney and/or Lamp MUST come through.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Charged4Life
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post
      My 2 big concerns with our rookies right now.
      Tillery- how does he recover from his shoukder injury, with it nag him as the season goes on, or is he a quick healer, also i question his passion, doesnt seem to be a real high motor guy.

Adderly- my only concern is he played at a small school, so ive wonder this wholse cfb season does adderly look good because hes just better than his competition or is he legit. If adderly brings what he did at Delaware into the NFL, we in noubt have 2 all pro safeties
      I wonder about that talk of Tillery not being a high motor guy. Is it possible that his shoulder injury played a part in his not being aggressive on every play? I don't know. Just asking (kind of hoping too).

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

This is gonna go nicely.
        Both.
        Both will play and play well.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charged4Life View Post

I wonder about that talk of Tillery not being a high motor guy. Is it possible that his shoulder injury played a part in his not being aggressive on every play? I don't know. Just asking (kind of hoping too).
          I don't think the digs against Tillery weren't due to the shoulder injury. It may be more to his non-football interests that certain teams don't like. Video I've seen doesn't show me of anything as what you would expect from an interior lineman not named Aaron Donald. I don't know for sure, but maybe its like scouts not liking Bosa as he seems too laid back in interviews, but as we know he plays very hard between the whistles.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

This is gonna go nicely.
            Yeah, I'm thinking this year, as our Oline goes so goes our season.

Comment

• AK47
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
              Besides Bosa and Ingram Isaac Rochelle is probably one of my favorite players on the defensive line who could easily start on this team if either Bosa or Ingram went down and I would not be worried.
              Rochelle actually gives us good depth. As a backup rotational player his 5 sacks and 1 INT last season aren't too bad for a 7th round pick.

Comment

• charger1993
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charged4Life View Post

I think it comes from just people warching him play, he seems to have that randy moss attitude "ill play when i wanna play" also alot of scouts didnt like how he answered questions about his love for the game. The shoulder injury just made it look worse because it appeared like he was giving up on alot of plays..but we now know he played the playoffs injured so ofcourse he wasnt going 100 percent. He couldnt...
                But i do worry if he is locked in to football. We'll find out

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Chargers are NFL's most complete team..per Schein. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...complete-teams

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

I think it comes from just people warching him play, he seems to have that randy moss attitude "ill play when i wanna play" also alot of scouts didnt like how he answered questions about his love for the game. The shoulder injury just made it look worse because it appeared like he was giving up on alot of plays..but we now know he played the playoffs injured so ofcourse he wasnt going 100 percent. He couldnt...
                    But i do worry if he is locked in to football. We'll find out
                    This is the part that has me scratching my head. If Tillery gutted it out through his shoulder issue, why question his love of the game ?

Yes he was inconsistent, but he flashed too.

At #28, draft elite traits...only so many people on the planet can do what Jerry does when he is at his best.

Gawd, Mel, Joey and Jerry might just snap some opponents QBs in two this year...and they are all so good at stunting...I am talking clean shots...talking to you, Patrick.

Comment

• AK47
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

This is the part that has me scratching my head. If Tillery gutted it out through his shoulder issue, why question his love of the game ?

Yes he was inconsistent, but he flashed too.

At #28, draft elite traits...only so many people on the planet can do what Jerry does when he is at his best.

Gawd, Mel, Joey and Jerry might just snap some opponents QBs in two this year...and they are all so good at stunting...I am talking clean shots...talking to you, Patrick.
                      I remember I was on the JJ Watt shuttle bandwagon (aka Spaceballs RV space shuttle). They said he was too lean. He was this he was that. He'd get pushed around. Inconsustent. yada yada yada. I said eh you can coach him to fix mechanics if receptive to coaching but you can't coach natural ability. He was hungry...made/delivered pizzas before even getting on tecollege team right?

Not saying this kid is another JJ but this kid has legit raw natural ability and is a high IQ player on/off the field. The size, hand usage with 34 inch arms, 6-7 frame, and burst. Even TT said we've been coveting such an athlete with those skill sets for a while now. Negative feedback I have for this kid is he should play the passing lanes better and get some batted passes. Too talented not to get some.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

I remember I was on the JJ Watt shuttle bandwagon (aka Spaceballs RV space shuttle). They said he was too lean. He was this he was that. He'd get pushed around. Inconsustent. yada yada yada. I said eh you can coach him to fix mechanics if receptive to coaching but you can't coach natural ability. He was hungry...made/delivered pizzas before even getting on tecollege team right?

Not saying this kid is another JJ but this kid has legit raw natural ability and is a high IQ player on/off the field. The size, hand usage with 34 inch arms, 6-7 frame, and burst. Even TT said we've been coveting such an athlete with those skill sets for a while now. Negative feedback I have for this kid is he should play the passing lanes better and get some batted passes. Too talented not to get some.
                        Yes. Yes.
                        "Arm length."
                        I think you're on to something, AK.

Comment

• AK47
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Yes. Yes.
                          "Arm length."
                          I think you're on to something, AK.
                          Combine actually has him down with 34 1/2 arms and 10 5/8 hands hence why with those measurable he was a 4-star recruit at OT. Now that said how many years has this kid been playing on defense? 3-4 years? His ceiling is high. Dude played with a dislocated shoulder...event performed at the combine with said injury if not mistaken so yup woodeye he's got some grit in him.

Comment

Working...
                          X