• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris9341
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    I like Rochelle a lot too but he is nowhere near the pass rusher that Bosa and Ingram are.

Maybe not on the same superstar level those two are but I do think he can start and hold his own. Now obviously the weak link to our D-line is the interior of it. Hopefully Tillery can be the missing piece we need on the D-Line.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

I know and agree why (presumably) Chris McCain isn't a Charger today, but I miss the security I felt with him as the third guy.
      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I like Rochelle a lot too but he is nowhere near the pass rusher that Bosa and Ingram are.
        Not as good, true but his improvement from 2017-2018 was significant. He may be closer JB/MI this year. I'm curious about Nwosu and Egbule as edge rush subs.

Comment

• chris9341
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

You know I totally forgot about Nwosu and White. Look for them to do some damage this season. Now hopefully Telesco can upgrade the Offensive line.

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

Rochelle is not the speed rusher that Bosa, Ingram or Nwosu is, but he is still a very good all-around player.

What he lacks as a pass rusher, he is developing as a combination run down DE and inside pass rusher. Plus, he has made huge strides as a pass rusher so it will be interesting to see how the rush lines do this season. Bosa and Ingram are still the best guys, but teams with powerful and more importantly consistent pass rushes do it because they can attack the OL in waves, inside and out.

No matter how much hype there is, I don't see Tillery and Adderley being day 1 starters. I do think they will take over starting jobs during their rookie year, but I think it could be midseason before they are taking over. I do think they will key people in the rotation from day 1, and that is good enough. But Adderly is coming from a small school and Tillery is coming off an injury that is keeping him from training hard. Give them time to get up to speed and build their confidence. Just like Justin Jones played some during Liuget's suspension, then when Corey came back, was basically on the bench, then got back on the field down the stretch and was pretty good. I think we see the same type of development curve for Tillery and Adderly.

If you want a player who could be a surprise day 1 starter it might be Emeke Egbule. If he can get it together, he occasionally flashes a stunning hand punch that just knocks TE off their blocks. If he can develop the consistency on his punch, he is the kind of athlete who could really develop quickly as an OTTO. He has a lot to learn about pass drops, but he is a good athlete who plays well in space. Any rookie starting in a good D day 1 is a bit of an unusual occurrence, but Egbule could be the guy. Plus it helps that LB is only a part-time spot in todays game. It's not like he has to be that situationally aware like DB and DL do. Nwosu i still probably the favorite to win the OTTO spot.

Comment

• chris9341
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              Rochelle is not the speed rusher that Bosa, Ingram or Nwosu is, but he is still a very good all-around player.

What he lacks as a pass rusher, he is developing as a combination run down DE and inside pass rusher. Plus, he has made huge strides as a pass rusher so it will be interesting to see how the rush lines do this season. Bosa and Ingram are still the best guys, but teams with powerful and more importantly consistent pass rushes do it because they can attack the OL in waves, inside and out.

No matter how much hype there is, I don't see Tillery and Adderley being day 1 starters. I do think they will take over starting jobs during their rookie year, but I think it could be midseason before they are taking over. I do think they will key people in the rotation from day 1, and that is good enough. But Adderly is coming from a small school and Tillery is coming off an injury that is keeping him from training hard. Give them time to get up to speed and build their confidence. Just like Justin Jones played some during Liuget's suspension, then when Corey came back, was basically on the bench, then got back on the field down the stretch and was pretty good. I think we see the same type of development curve for Tillery and Adderly.

If you want a player who could be a surprise day 1 starter it might be Emeke Egbule. If he can get it together, he occasionally flashes a stunning hand punch that just knocks TE off their blocks. If he can develop the consistency on his punch, he is the kind of athlete who could really develop quickly as an OTTO. He has a lot to learn about pass drops, but he is a good athlete who plays well in space. Any rookie starting in a good D day 1 is a bit of an unusual occurrence, but Egbule could be the guy. Plus it helps that LB is only a part-time spot in todays game. It's not like he has to be that situationally aware like DB and DL do. Nwosu i still probably the favorite to win the OTTO spot.

I could agree with Tillery and Adderley not being starters to start the season if they were taken past the 3rd round but the fact is they were the first two picks in the draft which usually means they will be starters. This team needs an interior D-lineman and we got that with Tillery which he will play along with Mebane on the inside with Bosa and Ingram on the outside. They released Addae and I don't see any other player who could possibly be better then Adderley playing FS. I think people are looking to much into him playing at a small school and not at the level of competition that he would have if he went to some school like Ohio State. He will be fine. Now obviously as with any draft picks they need to prove themselves because nothing is ever guaranteed.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                Outback Goon
                • Sep 2018
                • Australia
                • Send PM

would like to see Justin Jones / Jerry Tillery line

i think they will improve each other

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
                  would like to see Justin Jones / Jerry Tillery line

i think they will improve each other
                  It's just a matter of time.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• ~sdc
                    PURA VIDA
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Every team gets injuries. Cluster injuries are what can really hurt a unit. We have been waylayed by that a few times; lbs last year, OC a couple years ago. pls let usnget out of TC without any key season ending injuries as well pls.
                    I can't stand it when a player pulls or tears a cluster. It's soul crushing.
                    Last edited by ~sdc; 05-18-2019, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

This is how I see it do.
                      Except I think there might be a good chance that Tillery can start if he's 100%
                      the position is easily transferable from college to NFL
                      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

If not I like Broughton to see some meaningful snaps early, see how his play translates to the pros.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Tillery & Adderley's skill sets are a great match for what the Chargers need. Barring injury problems, Adderley will start game 1 v Colts. Tillery may need more time for his shoulder rehab but if fully healthy. he's the starting 3T.

Comment

Working...
                          X