• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris9341
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Ok so as much praise as we are giving these players Linebackers are a concern for me especially in pass coverage. Im not worried about teams going deep to much on us this season but I do worry about the short passing game. We need Perryman to stay healthy all season. With that said I think we will still have the best overall defense in the NFL.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
      Outback Goon
      • Sep 2018
      • Australia
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
      Ok so as much praise as we are giving these players Linebackers are a concern for me especially in pass coverage. Im not worried about teams going deep to much on us this season but I do worry about the short passing game. We need Perryman to stay healthy all season. With that said I think we will still have the best overall defense in the NFL.
      Derwin roaming the box

Nassir roaming the middle

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

Derwin roaming the box

Nassir roaming the middle
        NoMoreChillies roaming the Outback...
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

The big thing that has held us back from better statistical rankings the last couple of years is just that we start off kinda slow. Got off to a slow(ish) start both years.

If the D can start off a bit better and then continue to improve over the course of the season, then we have a good chance to be the #1 D.

The other things that will help will be to play well on ST and O. Everyone likes to think that O and ST are different and independent of each other, but they aren't.

ST needs to help shorten the field for the O, and lengthen the field for the other team. That adds pressure on the other teams O, because they know they need to call more high risk plays to generate the chunks of yardage to get down the field. That means teams QB have to hold the ball longer, giving our pass rushers a chance to make plays. It means throwing the ball up letting our DB make plays on the ball. It puts pressure on players to make the plays, and whether we generate the pressure directly (pass rush) or generate it through game situations, the other team still feels it.

The ball control offense does it too. Get our D a lead with a big play here or there, then some nice long drives puts a lot of pressure on the other team's offense. Some pressure even if we just keep the other team pinned up through field position, much more if we can keep scoring some points, even just FG. Nothing hurts an opponents ability to come back than our offense getting the ball, eating up 10 minutes off the clock and scoring a TD. Do that twice in the 2nd half, it is almost impossible to lose unless you are already way behind. Minimizes their chances of scoring too many points, and plays into our defenses hands.

Comment

• charger1993
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

This is the part that has me scratching my head. If Tillery gutted it out through his shoulder issue, why question his love of the game ?

Yes he was inconsistent, but he flashed too.

At #28, draft elite traits...only so many people on the planet can do what Jerry does when he is at his best.

Gawd, Mel, Joey and Jerry might just snap some opponents QBs in two this year...and they are all so good at stunting...I am talking clean shots...talking to you, Patrick.
            I by no means are trying to say hes a bad player. I give him props for playing through an injury. I can never hate on someone who plays through an injury.

But tillery has said football sint his only focus, he was quoted about reading the nasdaq during half time, and things likw that could mean he retires early. It might not be his passion in life, i guess thats a better phrase. Alot of scouts and gms had that knock on him. I mean what if he retires after his rookie year?? Will picking tillery at 28 still have been a good pick?. Thats what concerns me about tillerys love for the game..

His injury isnt to big of a deal to me, its not his legs, back. So he shoukd heal just fine and it wont be to serious. Only concern i have about his injury and i have it with every player that gets injured. Is how does his body handle healing drom an injury, will it nag him throughout the season or will his body be 100 percent. But thats something we cant see until he takes the field throughout the year. Itll give u some what of a baseline on hiw his body specifically handles injuries.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

I by no means are trying to say hes a bad player. I give him props for playing through an injury. I can never hate on someone who plays through an injury.

But tillery has said football sint his only focus, he was quoted about reading the nasdaq during half time, and things likw that could mean he retires early. It might not be his passion in life, i guess thats a better phrase. Alot of scouts and gms had that knock on him. I mean what if he retires after his rookie year?? Will picking tillery at 28 still have been a good pick?. Thats what concerns me about tillerys love for the game..

His injury isnt to big of a deal to me, its not his legs, back. So he shoukd heal just fine and it wont be to serious. Only concern i have about his injury and i have it with every player that gets injured. Is how does his body handle healing drom an injury, will it nag him throughout the season or will his body be 100 percent. But thats something we cant see until he takes the field throughout the year. Itll give u some what of a baseline on hiw his body specifically handles injuries.
              Tillery is an odd duck on several levels.
              We probably agree more than it seems.
              My post was not a counterpoint to yours,
              more an addendum.

I will wait n see.

Comment

• charger1993
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Tillery is an odd duck on several levels.
                We probably agree more than it seems.
                My post was not a counterpoint to yours,
                more an addendum.

I will wait n see.
                We probably do, i just like having football related dicussion during the off season, i do enjoy speculating and looking into the players we drafted, watching old games on youtube, reading up on the odd things they might do, it just gives me some sort of comfort if i can read up on odd tendencies and medical problems to give me a more accurate representation of the person as a player and a person. I find its easier to prepare yourself for any short comings of a player by reading up on them more. That way if tillery was to randomly retire i wouldnt be caught off guard and just be in a rage. I coukd calmly sit back and say he was kind of odd, not a huge surprise.

I will admit i am wrong alot of the times, but im also roght alot of the times. Its impossible to predict with 100 percent accuracy whats going to happen. But being educated helps. During the verrett draft i was 100 percent against the pick before we made it. I never liked him being short and often injured. I wanted roby over Verrett, so wouldnt have been as much of an upgrade but atleast roby would have played. But on the same hand inwas wrong about bosa, i didnt trust bosa to play at a high level because he seemed like a me first guy, i thought he would pull an Eli on us. I also questioned if we would play through injury if need be. And bosa proved me wrong. I ate that crow gladly.

To clarify my statements i just like to know as much as possible so i wont be let down. I also enjoy seeing players develop

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

It's the slow time of year, '93.
                  Preciate your football takes.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

He wasn't reading Nasdaq at halftime, but yes he has an interest in the stock market along with travel and cooking. nobody would be reading nasdaq on a Saturday afternoon a5 halftime as the market doesn't open again until Monday and no coach would allow that anyway.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                      Outback Goon
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Australia
                      • Send PM

NoMoreChillies roaming the Outback...
                      actually moved to the beach now

life is grand

Comment

• charger1993
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

It's the slow time of year, '93.
                        Preciate your football takes.
                        No problem, feel free to give any takes of your own. Om always up for just talking about the team and players. Can never get to many eyes on the team from different point of looks

Comment

• charger1993
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

He wasn't reading Nasdaq at halftime, but yes he has an interest in the stock market along with travel and cooking. nobody would be reading nasdaq on a Saturday afternoon a5 halftime as the market doesn't open again until Monday and no coach would allow that anyway.
                          Maybe i misread the article ill go back and read it. But i could have swore he said he was reading thr nasdaq in the locker room. If im misinformed i appologize. Ill be sure to go back and double check what ive up up on him.
                          Like i said i juat enjoy talking football and trying to learn as much as possible about incoming players. And how players already here are progressing

Comment

Working...
                          X