P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

I think we're done with DL unless there's a major injury to someone important (knock on wood).

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
        Suh > McCoy
        prolly true, and.... guessin' Gerald (still) collects a couple mil more ($8m) than Ndamukong ($6m) ??
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Budsman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Suh > McCoy
          In price as well. McCoy is a better locker room presence that could be used to ease Tillery in and also rotate with mebane when need be. On passing downs having a dl of Bosa, Tillery, McCoy, Ingram would be sick.

I'm not counting on a seventh rounder to contribute for a while if ever and square is a cheap rotation depth piece. McCoy, Mebane, Jones And Tillery rotating in the middle of the line would be scary. And in a pinch McCoy has the athleticism to jump outside if Bosa's injury problems are a real thing.

He elevates this defense to pure elite status and i really hope they see the amazing opportunity this is. Players of his caliber dont come around every day.

He evidently wants to play for a winner:https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...762185729?s=21
          Last edited by Budsman; 05-20-2019, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• Bolts223
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

I get that we don't have that much cap space and we already addressed this position in the 1st round, but for the right deal I would absolutely sign him.

Our interior DL is still very thin. A starting front 4 of Bosa/Ingram/Tillery/McCoy with rotational guys like Mebane/Justin Jones/Rochelle is actually insane talent and depth.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

In price as well. McCoy is a better locker room presence that could be used to ease Tillery in and also rotate with mebane when need be. On passing downs having a dl of Bosa, Tillery, McCoy, Ingram would be sick.

I'm not counting on a seventh rounder to contribute for a while if ever and square is a cheap rotation depth piece. McCoy, Mebane, Jones And Tillery rotating in the middle of the line would be scary. And in a pinch McCoy has the athleticism to jump outside if Bosa's injury problems are a real thing.

He elevates this defense to pure elite status and i really hope they see the amazing opportunity this is. Players of his caliber dont come around every day.

He evidently wants to play for a winner:https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...762185729?s=21
              we're already (over)paying for a (veteran locker room presence) rotational NT, so doubtful we're gonna pay twice that much for another rotational piece.

our best front four will (eventually) be SupaMel, Justin, Jerry & Joey.

and you don't have to count on CB to contribute, but would suggest that it will be sooner than awhile if Tillery's labrum concerns linger any little bit.

am also not so sure that Square might not be the better DE to spell Bosa, rather than Gerald ??

not convinced another 3T type talent is the answer either, as still hoping for a NT (Derrick Brown)
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

we're already (over)paying for a (veteran locker room presence) rotational NT, so doubtful we're gonna pay twice that much for another rotational piece.

our best front four will (eventually) be SupaMel, Justin, Jerry & Joey.

and you don't have to count on CB to contribute, but would suggest that it will be sooner than awhile if Tillery's labrum concerns linger any little bit.

am also not so sure that Square might not be the better DE to spell Bosa, rather than Gerald ??

not convinced another 3T type talent is the answer either, as still hoping for a NT (Derrick Brown)
                That's mighty wishful to think Justin Jones will be part of our best front 4, he's fine but he hasn't shown me nearly enough to think he's anywhere close to the best we can do. I hope he develops into that down the road but that eventuality may be a few years away.

I also hope to goodness we don't have to rely on a 7th rounder because of Tillerys injury and if we do then we're doing it wrong.

I also like Mebane but let's be clear McCoy is and always has been a better player than Mebane. Mebane is also getting long in the tooth and he can't be expected to handle a full work load.

Its admittedly a long shot, I'm just hoping it happens.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

agree that JJ is more a rotational player in the long run, albeit he is much the better/more formidable NT for us atm.

and gots no problems w/you calling Cortez a seventh rounder.... just recall that @some point Desmond went from being a fifth rounder, to a darn near essential element to our D.

and would agree that Gerald could help, albeit not convinced that the dollars are right w/him, and would much prefer Suh at a lower amount (now that Shelton is signed

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

The Bolts need the cash for Rivers' signing bonus. I doubt they sign any big money players.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Suh > McCoy
                      Based on what?

Suh is several years removed from a season that is anywhere near as productive as McCoy has been lately. Neither of them is still in their prime. Both would probably be at least somewhat expensive (McCoy got $13 mill last season, Suh $14 mill). Neither is going to want to be second fiddle to Tillery, who is clearly going to be our future going forward at 3 tech.

There is room for two (2) - 3 tech DT on a roster. There are plenty of 2nd and long, and 3rd down situations where we may not want to be getting too light along the DL moving DE inside, but where a 2nd 3 tech is just the right amount of beef for the down and distance. But between Tillery taking over a major part of the DL rotation, even if he doesn't start, and then the other people in the rotation, I just don't see either Suh or McCoy being interested in being part of a rotation "at the right price".
                      Last edited by Steve; 05-21-2019, 03:35 AM.

Comment

• Budsman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Based on what?

Suh is several years removed from a season that is anywhere near as productive as McCoy has been lately. Neither of them is still in their prime. Both would probably be at least somewhat expensive (McCoy got $13 mill last season, Suh $14 mill). Neither is going to want to be second fiddle to Tillery, who is clearly going to be our future going forward at 3 tech.

There is room for two (2) - 3 tech DT on a roster. There are plenty of 2nd and long, and 3rd down situations where we may not want to be getting too light along the DL moving DE inside, but where a 2nd 3 tech is just the right amount of beef for the down and distance. But between Tillery taking over a major part of the DL rotation, even if he doesn't start, and then the other people in the rotation, I just don't see either Suh or McCoy being interested in being part of a rotation "at the right price".
                        Based on their equal amount of time in the league and their earnings over that time, ie history: 1503D11C-3B24-45FB-8A31-73D748ADA028.jpeg

C77F9BB1-F834-4677-8885-ABD1CD9367F5.jpeg

thats almost 30 million more in the same amount of time. You and I may think McCoy is better but the league doesn't.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Budsman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Based on what?

They are both long in the tooth and McCoy said he is interested in playing for a winner. What better way to win but to get on a stacked defense and help a young inexperienced dt learn the trade. McCoy could really help Tillery and allow Tillery to ease into the role vs being thrown into the fire.

If mccoy got 60 percent of the snaps and our DL was able to be fresher and more healthy for the playoffs we would be a forced.
                          Last edited by Budsman; 05-21-2019, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X