• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

If we sign him, means Tillery is really far from ready. Which might not be a bad thing considering how difficult it is to keep guys off the IR late in the season.

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Based on their equal amount of time in the league and their earnings over that time, ie history: 1503D11C-3B24-45FB-8A31-73D748ADA028.jpeg

C77F9BB1-F834-4677-8885-ABD1CD9367F5.jpeg

thats almost 30 million more in the same amount of time. You and I may think McCoy is better but the league doesn't.
      The vast majority of the league may think something completely different. One of the problems with "market value" is that it only takes 1 sucker to set it. Also, the other flaw in using their contract in justifying the price is that neither is getting they were both on the street. Had they truely been "worth" their contract values, they wouldn't have been cut.

Looking at Suh's stats, he was a dominant player early in his career, and his stats really tail off the last couple. McCoy was a bit of a late bloomer who has peaked, but is still producing at a decent level. Neither is worth big money anymore.

I'm fine with McCoy as a guy to split time with Tillery, but is McCoy willing to be a rotational player at this stage of his career?

Comment

• Budsman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

The vast majority of the league may think something completely different. One of the problems with "market value" is that it only takes 1 sucker to set it. Also, the other flaw in using their contract in justifying the price is that neither is getting they were both on the street. Had they truely been "worth" their contract values, they wouldn't have been cut.

Looking at Suh's stats, he was a dominant player early in his career, and his stats really tail off the last couple. McCoy was a bit of a late bloomer who has peaked, but is still producing at a decent level. Neither is worth big money anymore.

I'm fine with McCoy as a guy to split time with Tillery, but is McCoy willing to be a rotational player at this stage of his career?
        That's a good question only he can answer. If he wants to play for a potential super bowl winner he could take a bit less this year and go for the ring. Maybe a coach like Lynn or Bradley would convince him. Either way I would love to see him in powder blues.

Comment

• Bolts223
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

I don't think he would be a rotational guy. He would probably be the DT seeing the most snaps. I think Tillery would obviously come in to take some of his snaps just go give him a break but I also think that you would also see a good bit of Tillery and McCoy together on obvious passing downs.
          Last edited by Bolts223; 05-21-2019, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Budsman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
            He will go to the Colts who have a ton of cap space
            didnt he say he wants to play for a chance at a title? Colts could do it but it's a stretch.

Comment

• Budsman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts223 View Post

I don't think he would be a rotational guy. He would probably be the DT seeing the most snaps. I think Tillery would obviously come in to take some of his snaps just go give him a break, but I also think that you would also see a good bit of Tillery and McCoy together on obvious passing downs.
              That sounds awesome. Would LOVE to see that. Who do you double team? Who do you not double team?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Look at our DL population.
                We are set.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolts223
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

That's a good question only he can answer. If he wants to play for a potential super bowl winner he could take a bit less this year and go for the ring. Maybe a coach like Lynn or Bradley would convince him. Either way I would love to see him in powder blues.
                  I think the good news for us is teams like the Saints and Pats have even less cap space than we do.

I'll also point out that if we cut Dzubnar that it clears up about $2 million extra in cap space. He's pretty expendable and he's arguably our weakest LB. I think if cutting him is what we need to do to sign McCoy, then we should.

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

I don't think he would be a rotational guy. He would probably be the DT seeing the most snaps. I think Tillery would obviously come in to take some of his snaps just go give him a break but I also think that you would also see a good bit of Tillery and McCoy together on obvious passing downs.
                    I get that he would get the majority of the snaps overall, but by later in the season, I think McCoy would probably be seeing his snaps decrease and Tillery taking over as the main focus.

I just think there is a part of what players say in public, where they are playing to their fans, and then there is the private part, where their ego's live. It has really not been very long since the end of the season, when McCoy was the focus of TB defense, and now he is on the street looking for work. He is a smart guy, who knows what he is supposed to say, so he is saying it. But in the back of his mind, is his ego still screaming at him being one of the best pass rushing DT in football?

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

In what bizarro world is Dzub worth $2 mil?? C'mon TT, stop being asleep at the wheel here.

Comment

• Bolts223
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Send PM

I get that he would get the majority of the snaps overall, but by later in the season, I think McCoy would probably be seeing his snaps decrease and Tillery taking over as the main focus.

I just think there is a part of what players say in public, where they are playing to their fans, and then there is the private part, where their ego's live. It has really not been very long since the end of the season, when McCoy was the focus of TB defense, and now he is on the street looking for work. He is a smart guy, who knows what he is supposed to say, so he is saying it. But in the back of his mind, is his ego still screaming at him being one of the best pass rushing DT in football?
                        I mean I think in this case less is more. The Bucs were using him on something like 85% of snaps and it had to have taken a physical toll on him.

I think if you keep him fresh and allow him to be on a D-line that features Bosa and Ingram as well as playing in front of one of the best secondaries in the league he will see his production significantly improve and he will probably up his pedigree if he is getting a lot of sacks on a team that is contending for a SB.
                        Last edited by Bolts223; 05-21-2019, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

I think the good news for us is teams like the Saints and Pats have even less cap space than we do.

I'll also point out that if we cut Dzubnar that it clears up about $2 million extra in cap space. He's pretty expendable and he's arguably our weakest LB. I think if cutting him is what we need to do to sign McCoy, then we should.
                          w/the retiring of Chris Long, the Eagles just cleared another $5m plus in cap space, which is on top of their already $20m something cap space to start with.

they've got Malik Jackson next to Fletcher Cox, and just added Timmy Jernigan and Hassan Ridgeway behind them.... they have a roster spot and are known for offering one year contracts to vets that might still have a little something left in the tank.

think Philly for $8m is a likely possibility.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/bucs/2019/05/21/espn-suh-finalizing-contract-with-bucs/

Hey, the Rams are believed to have an interest in signing McCoy along with the Chargers and Patriots, to name a few.
                          RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

Working...
                          X