• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MakoShark
    Disgruntled
    • Jun 2013
    • North Alabama
    • Send PM

According to Chargers.com they still have not issued Flowers a number. I'm just curious, not a big deal.
    sigpic

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

Does someone have his old number? I think they do that when you have a player who is in "negotiations" to get his number from someone.

Of course Mathews may not want to give it up.

Comment

• OhioBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        Does someone have his old number? I think they do that when you have a player who is in "negotiations" to get his number from someone.

Of course Mathews may not want to give it up.
        Mathews probably will not give up 24, on a side note 21 is available and 28 Brandon Taylor's old number

Only jersey numbers retired are Fouts #14, and Alworth #19

Comment

• MakoShark
          Disgruntled
          • Jun 2013
          • North Alabama
          • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
          Mathews probably will not give up 24, on a side note 21 is available and 28 Brandon Taylor's old number

Only jersey numbers retired are Fouts #14, and Alworth #19
          55 was retired OhioBolt. And I seriously doubt he can have 21.
          sigpic

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            At 255 lbs, he wont be playing DE. Maybe at times in a 4 man front.
            Well getting after the QB is supposedly his thing, maybe he's being looked at as the pass rush line DE? Not all that different in that alignment.

Guess I'm curious how it might impact the back end of the roster, who stays and who gets cut.

Comment

• Beerman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Eastlake
              • Send PM

They said they aren't giving out 21 I believe.

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                Well getting after the QB is supposedly his thing, maybe he's being looked at as the pass rush line DE? Not all that different in that alignment.

Guess I'm curious how it might impact the back end of the roster, who stays and who gets cut.
                As far as the roster goes he is being figured in among the OLB types. Maybe the NFL should give up using positions labels and just call them by assignments. Edge rushers, interior DL .... It would cause a lot less confusion.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Interesting that NFL.com has a full blown 7 round mock out there for the supplemental draft. I guess you have to fill all those blank web pages somehow. BTW, 2 players were selected in the mock.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Beerman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Eastlake
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                    Interesting that NFL.com has a full blown 7 round mock out there for the supplemental draft. I guess you have to fill all those blank web pages somehow. BTW, 2 players were selected in the mock.
                    Already happened. No one selected.

Comment

• All I'm saying is that when this kid (Ross) ends up in an NFL training camp, you guys all owe me $1.00.

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

I'm not saying he will or won't make it, I was just sure he won't make it with us. And if he is going to make it, it was going to be as an UDFA, because the kid just has no chance this year. Hasn't played ball in several years, hasn't played at a high level and has missed the whole offseason. He could still make it, but it is going to have to be with a team that can allow him to take his time. That ain't us.

Talent alone is not enough to make it with any given team. In our case, he just wouldn't have a chance, no matter how talented he is. We have enough other DL that bringing him in is just a waste of time for us. But for some other team, who has more vet DL, or is a lot less talented, he would have a much better chance. I still think he is a year away from a real shot at making a team. Maybe two if someone tries to change his position.

Comment

• Steve, you are going to owe me $5.00, because you're not even reading all of my posts.

Comment

Working...
                          X