• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

You sleep on Reese and you're burned.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Cool to have. Hope he makes the 53.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

One practice I watched Reese go against Ghee (the tallest CB at 6'1") over the middle. He couldn't get separation, and Ghee easily defended the pass. On quick outside passes, or deep passes, Reese appeared to be fine. He's going to have to pick up on running very good routes, if he wants to play beyond "situations".

Comment

• Beerman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Eastlake
          • Send PM

Reese is limited on his routes at the moment. The best ones I saw him run are go routes and out/comeback routes. Not sure he will be asked to do more than that initially. If a CB is playing far off, he gets the short pass. Otherwise go deep. Doubt they want to put too much on his plate this early.

Comment

• OhioBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
            One practice I watched Reese go against Ghee (the tallest CB at 6'1") over the middle. He couldn't get separation, and Ghee easily defended the pass. On quick outside passes, or deep passes, Reese appeared to be fine. He's going to have to pick up on running very good routes, if he wants to play beyond "situations".
            This sounds like Vincent Brown last year, and he wasn't even able to get deep, the clock could be ticking on Brown. If Reese is struggling to get separation as a result of not being strong enough he can work on getting stronger by getting in the weight room.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

After 1 week, is Reese now the #4 wr?

Is there any reason at all to put Brown or Tutu into the game at wr?

Reese is limited, but you put him in and he forces the safety to stay out of the box. Even as a breather guy, he makes the D scheme for him.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                After 1 week, is Reese now the #4 wr?

Is there any reason at all to put Brown or Tutu into the game at wr?

Reese is limited, but you put him in and he forces the safety to stay out of the box. Even as a breather guy, he makes the D scheme for him.
                If Reese makes the team I don't know if he is the number 4 receiver, but you do plug him in sometime during a game whether it is a special play or use as decoy teams will have to respect his speed.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  BetterToday ThanYesterday
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Brown being injured allows the Chargers to evaluate the other young WR they have. Not the worst thing in the world, provided he is not seriously hurt. The Chargers know what Brown can (and cannot do) so this will allow them to make the best decision possible about who to keep to make the team better.

I keep reading that Brown has lost his confidence and some teammates have lost confidence in him. I hope that is not true.

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Beerman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Eastlake
                    • Send PM

• Rookie Tevin Reese showed he can go get the deep ball. The speedster was five yards behind cornerback Crezdon Butler, sprinting on a go route, when he saw Kellen Clemens’ pass would be well ahead of him. Showing a burner’s speed, Reese close on the fast-descending ball and pulled it in for a 55-yard touchdown.

• Jason Verrett, recovering from March shoulder surgery, again sat out team drills. The rookie is doing less football work than Week 1 of camp. Maintaining his fitness, he sprinted on the side during and after practice. Eric Weddle called it a fine line between preparing and pushing too hard. “We don’t need him for camp,” Weddle said. “We need him for September.”

• With Brandon Flowers resting, Steve Williams worked with the first team at left cornerback. Richard Marshall, the starter there in 2013, practiced with the second team.

• For the second day in a row, Manti Te’o was quick to read a pass. Weddle said each play was one only advanced linebackers can make.

• Sidelined the last five practices, Vincent Brown (calf) wore a protective boot. Brown played all 18 games last year despite losing a week and a preseason game to a first-week hamstring injury. In his rookie camp of 2011, a second-day hamstring injury cost him a month. That's three leg-muscle injuries in the first week of four camps.

• Antonio Gates beat both Jahleel Addae and Jarret Johnson for a touchdown.

• Third running back Donald Brown returned kicks. In five years with the Colts, he returned one kick.

• A gimpy Damik Scafe, the backup to Corey Liuget, walked off the field and sat out the final few team drills.

Comment

• Panama
                      パナマ
                      • Aug 2013
                      • London
                      • Opera singer and web developer.
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                      Ye ol boot of death....

I'm anticipating not seeing him till about game 2 or 3 of preseason...he seems to have the injury bug bite. I guess the good side is we will see more of our 3 other WRs in preseason....I think we will have someone step up ....I think it will be Reese.

1 week to go....can't believe its finally time for football again
                      I agree with you. I like Brown's potential, and I like (minus a couple of highly visible mistakes) how he has played, but if he doesn't heal up quickly he could see the team decide he's not worth keeping and offering an injury settlement, opening the way for Reese.
                      Adipose

Comment

• Beerman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Eastlake
                        • Send PM

I wonder if Brown has any trade value considering he's in the last year of his contract. The team could just prefer to go with youth and ST at that 4th OF spot.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                          I wonder if Brown has any trade value considering he's in the last year of his contract. The team could just prefer to go with youth and ST at that 4th OF spot.
                          Maybe the Cleveland Browns could be a trade partner being that Josh Gordon could be suspended for the year. Brown trade value is not high based on him being injured and past performance. Looking at Nate Burleson, Miles Austin, Earl Bennett, and Andrew Hawkins is there current receivers on the roster for Cleveland they may spurn a trade for Vincent Brown.

Comment

Working...
                          X