Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
    This thread, like so many others, has smacked into the TT-made-moves-just-not-the-moves-I-wanted-him-to dead end. Can the games start now, please?
    It will be so much nicer to bitch about actual football.
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• Den60
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Viejo Bolt View Post
      What? You don't agree with OIP and Den's self assessment that they are smarter and more experienced than Telesco, and would make a much better GM? Shit man, I am just in awe of their sheer football brilliance and can't wait to see them point out TT's next fuckup! :salute:
      I have not made the claim that I am either smarter or more experienced that TT. I am just making the point that saying we did not have the money to make moves this season is inaccurate. I have actually gone into some amount of detail there. Please feel free to correct any of my math errors.

Comment

• Den60
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
        It will be so much nicer to bitch about actual football.
        I expect once the losing starts I will go from being negative to being realistic...

Comment

• BoltBacker
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Las Vegas, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
          I expect once the losing starts I will go from being negative to being realistic...
          Considering most see us as about a .500 team this year you should be happy about half the time.

Comment

• Den60
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBacker View Post
            Considering most see us as about a .500 team this year you should be happy about half the time.
            Most see us as less than a .500 team if you'd like to be accurate.

I'd actually like to see us win a SB. The clock is ticking for me since this team isn't guaranteed to be staying here in SD. If they move to LA then they are dead to me. Call me a bandwagoneer if you want but I have been going to Charger games since they played in Balboa stadium.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Viejo Bolt View Post
              What? You don't agree with OIP and Den's self assessment that they are smarter and more experienced than Telesco, and would make a much better GM? Shit man, I am just in awe of their sheer football brilliance and can't wait to see them point out TT's next fuckup! :salute:
              Where have I made a self assessment that I'd be a better GM?

Hyperbole much?

Are you telling me that you have never disagreed with a move that any Chargers GM or Coach has made?

Seems those disagreements aren't allowed anymore. Or else you think you are far greater than the people hired. Which is a bunch of BS or no coach or GM would ever be replaced.

When you want to talk reality let me know
              Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Does calling someone 'brilliant' count as a personal insult? In this case, it might. LOL!

Everyone needs to just sit back, relax and enjoy a stress-free football season...for a change. Just think: No under-achieving; no heart-breaking losses (that mean something in the standings); no working out W-L scenarios, figuring out what we, and other teams in our division, have to do in order for us to make the playoffs; no high expectations dashed by poor play calling, poor coaching, overall poor play.

If Rivers gets sacked because DunlAp (I'm gonna kill the next person who uses the name of the tire to talk about our LT ) and/or Fluker whiffs on a block...it's expected! If the DL gets torched because Reyes and Liuget are playing every snap, every game...who didn't predict that? If a(nother) starter goes down with a serious injury...it doesn't matter!

Nope. 2013 is my Season to Enjoy Watching Football again. Even Charger games. Truth be told, in the last 2 seasons - that's 32 Charger games - I've probably watched about 5 of those, start to finish. At most. I just couldn't bear the frustration and disappointment. This year? 4 wins, in my book, will be a successful season. But even if they don't "achieve" that, it will STILL be a success. Top 5 Draft Choice, here we come!

Now, leave me alone while I recline my Barco-lounger and grab another Diet Coke.

Comment

• Den60
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                  Does calling someone 'brilliant' count as a personal insult? In this case, it might. LOL!

Everyone needs to just sit back, relax and enjoy a stress-free football season...for a change. Just think: No under-achieving; no heart-breaking losses (that mean something in the standings); no working out W-L scenarios, figuring out what we, and other teams in our division, have to do in order for us to make the playoffs; no high expectations dashed by poor play calling, poor coaching, overall poor play.

If Rivers gets sacked because DunlAp (I'm gonna kill the next person who uses the name of the tire to talk about our LT ) and/or Fluker whiffs on a block...it's expected! If the DL gets torched because Reyes and Liuget are playing every snap, every game...who didn't predict that? If a(nother) starter goes down with a serious injury...it doesn't matter!

Nope. 2013 is my Season to Enjoy Watching Football again. Even Charger games. Truth be told, in the last 2 seasons - that's 32 Charger games - I've probably watched about 5 of those, start to finish. At most. I just couldn't bear the frustration and disappointment. This year? 4 wins, in my book, will be a successful season. But even if they don't "achieve" that, it will STILL be a success. Top 5 Draft Choice, here we come!

Now, leave me alone while I recline my Barco-lounger and grab another Diet Coke.

Dunlop is a shitty tire...

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • SoDak
                    • Technology Director
                    • Send PM

This is why I refused to play "predict the roster"...knew we'd have a bunch of guys added.
                    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Panama
                      パナマ
                      • Aug 2013
                      • London
                      • Opera singer and web developer.
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                      Is this similar to a barcalounger? I wonder if Dunlop has one...
                      Adipose

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                        Is this similar to a barcalounger? I wonder if Dunlop has one...
                        Alternative spelling. That's how I pronounce it. Too small for Dunlop or Dunlap.

Comment

• Viejo Bolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                          Are you telling me that you have never disagreed with a move that any Chargers GM or Coach has made?
                          Of course I have, especially when it came to Norv. :nod: But at least I wait until there is clear evidence that a move was bad before starting in with criticism. We haven't even played a game that matters yet! Both TT and McCoy have no track record as GM and coach respectively that would deserve the venom being spewed by some posters. If what these guys do fails to work out, then I'll be all over them as much as the next guy, but at least in my case such criticism will be based on the end result of a move. But it sure gets tiresome to read day after day on this board that neither one of these guys can find their asses with both hands with no evidence of that being the case (at least not yet). Especially when it is an assertion made by internet forum fans whose asses aren't on the line and have little or no knowledge of the behind-the-scenes information only TT/McCoy are privy to that go into the decisions they make.

Bottom line, at this point TT and McCoy deserve the benefit of the doubt, even if our opinion differs. That should be obvious even to all the negative know-it-alls on internet forums.

Comment

Working...
                          X