Clear All
  • SFW
    PB Official Game Thread Starter
    • Jul 2013
    • NY
    • USMC
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Viejo Bolt View Post
    Of course I have, especially when it came to Norv. :nod: But at least I wait until there is clear evidence that a move was bad before starting in with criticism. We haven't even played a game that matters yet! Both TT and McCoy have no track record as GM and coach respectively that would deserve the venom being spewed by some posters. If what these guys do fails to work out, then I'll be all over them as much as the next guy, but at least in my case such criticism will be based on the end result of a move. But it sure gets tiresome to read day after day on this board that neither one of these guys can find their asses with both hands with no evidence of that being the case (at least not yet). Especially when it is an assertion made by internet forum fans whose asses aren't on the line and have little or no knowledge of the behind-the-scenes information only TT/McCoy are privy to that go into the decisions they make.

Bottom line, at this point TT and McCoy deserve the benefit of the doubt, even if our opinion differs. That should be obvious even to all the negative know-it-alls on internet forums.
    Amen
    1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
    2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
    3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
    4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
    5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
    6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
    7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I have the 'wait and see' attitude with this team, but some guys here seem to have the "I can do better, I play Fantasy Football" attitude. I know I can't possibly do better, because there just isn't enough information that us fans are privy to. We can see how certain players look in some games, but most decisions are made based on the day-to-day work of the NFL. I'm looking forward to seeing how this 'chemistry' experiment will go, because there is a lot that has changed, and I hope for the better than the AJ-Norv era. I am giving the new guys a benefit of the doubt, and hope that it doesn't get ugly early.

Comment

• Den60
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
        I have the 'wait and see' attitude with this team, but some guys here seem to have the "I can do better, I play Fantasy Football" attitude. I know I can't possibly do better, because there just isn't enough information that us fans are privy to. We can see how certain players look in some games, but most decisions are made based on the day-to-day work of the NFL. I'm looking forward to seeing how this 'chemistry' experiment will go, because there is a lot that has changed, and I hope for the better than the AJ-Norv era. I am giving the new guys a benefit of the doubt, and hope that it doesn't get ugly early.
        I don't play Madden or Fantasy football. I have about 50 years watching this team so do I get to comment on what they are doing or do we all need to be the club's version of The Stepford Wives?

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Did I mention any names?

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Viejo Bolt View Post
            Of course I have, especially when it came to Norv. :nod: But at least I wait until there is clear evidence that a move was bad before starting in with criticism. We haven't even played a game that matters yet! Both TT and McCoy have no track record as GM and coach respectively that would deserve the venom being spewed by some posters. If what these guys do fails to work out, then I'll be all over them as much as the next guy, but at least in my case such criticism will be based on the end result of a move. But it sure gets tiresome to read day after day on this board that neither one of these guys can find their asses with both hands with no evidence of that being the case (at least not yet). Especially when it is an assertion made by internet forum fans whose asses aren't on the line and have little or no knowledge of the behind-the-scenes information only TT/McCoy are privy to that go into the decisions they make.

Bottom line, at this point TT and McCoy deserve the benefit of the doubt, even if our opinion differs. That should be obvious even to all the negative know-it-alls on internet forums.
            If I thought Dunlap was one of the worst tackles in the NFL before the Chargers signed him does that immediately change because he is now a Charger?
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Den60
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
              If I thought Dunlap was one of the worst tackles in the NFL before the Chargers signed him does that immediately change because he is now a Charger?

No. Because Starks won that battle.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                No. Because Starks won that battle.
                Funny. I also didn't get why people thought Starks would be the starter.

To not even beat out Harris?
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• SFW
                  • Jul 2013
                  • NY
                  • USMC
                  • Send PM

If you thought Dunlap was "one of the worst tackles" in the NFL and Harris was the worst tackle in the NFL, then why would it be a weird thought to think Starks could beat them out and become the starter? It obviously didn't happen that way but to think it was an irrational thought......well is pretty irrational on your part.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SFWfromESPN View Post
                    If you thought Dunlap was "one of the worst tackles" in the NFL and Harris was the worst tackle in the NFL, then why would it be a weird thought to think Starks could beat them out and become the starter? It obviously didn't happen that way but to think it was an irrational thought......well is pretty irrational on your part.
                    Because as bad a Dunlap was Starks was even worse.

And how is it irrational on my part? The day Starks was signed I said I didn't think he'd make the team. What was irrational about that?
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Den60
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Every time we would drop back to pass while Starks was in I had to fight the urge to yell Ole'.

Comment

• SFW
                        • Jul 2013
                        • NY
                        • USMC
                        • Send PM

Because as bad a Dunlap was Starks was even worse.

And how is it irrational on my part? The day Starks was signed I said I didn't think he'd make the team. What was irrational about that?
                        You missed my point. What I said was there is nothing irrational about thinking Starks could beat out Harris and Dunlap.

Comment

• sandiego17
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                          Every time we would drop back to pass while Starks was in I had to fight the urge to yell Ole'.
                          Your neighbors must have thought you were a matador last season.

Comment

Working...
                          X