• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Just me... I consider Gordon like someone on PUP. If he fixes his mindset, he's here, but if not, the rest of the team has to pick whatever slack there is. I just think that Gordon has no leverage, and want him and his agents to realize it. If Lynn and staff is planning for him to be there on day one, that's dumb.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Another possibility is that his dual agents badly overestimated the potential demand for Gordon, and convinced him to hold out for more $$$. Remember, most sports agents get between 4% and 10% commission on contracts. Suppose each of his agents gets 5%. Hmmm, let's see, MG3 wants Bell money, or close to it. Bell got $70 mil, so suppose Gordon "settles" for only $60 mil. Let's see...5% of $60 mil = $300,000 for each agent. If they each get 10%, they each get $600,000. Not a bad payday...if it pans out...
      5% of $60mil = $3,000,000 ...... 10% = $6,000,000
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by bartman83642 View Post

That was my thought as well. Don't think there is a real viable trade that would help us out right now so it probably will end as an all or nothing scenario unless one side or the other caves.
        This. And I would very surprised if TT ups their offer, there just ain't enough money to go around. MG will have to be the one, dunno how real his inflated opinion if himself is...

Comment

• Sgt. Pepper
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

If Gordon continues his hold out into the season, I think the plan will be to give Jackson and Ekeler approximately the same workload. I think Newsome will factor into the game plans with a smaller workload. I don't know if they will carry a fourth running back with Watt also on the roster. Jeremy Cox is on the depth chart as a fullback behind Watt. The philosophy and distribution of workload may change depending on the success or lack of success, but I do believe the plan at first will be to give Jackson and Ekeler approximately the same number of touches per game rather than thrust either one of them into the cowbell role.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
            If Gordon continues his hold out into the season, I think the plan will be to give Jackson and Ekeler approximately the same workload. I think Newsome will factor into the game plans with a smaller workload. I don't know if they will carry a fourth running back with Watt also on the roster. Jeremy Cox is on the depth chart as a fullback behind Watt. The philosophy and distribution of workload may change depending on the success or lack of success, but I do believe the plan at first will be to give Jackson and Ekeler approximately the same number of touches per game rather than thrust either one of them into the cowbell role.
            If Newsome develops like projected, he could become their best short yardage back and also used as a limited change of pace to keep the other two fresh(er). he doesn't have the breakaway threat as JJ or Eke and that limits the places where he's best fit vs the others. I expect JJ is the primary starting back with Eke still in his primarily 3rd down role. we'll see ...
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

5% of $60mil = $3,000,000 ...... 10% = $6,000,000
              Oops...

Comment

• Craig440
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

If Newsome develops like projected, he could become their best short yardage back and also used as a limited change of pace to keep the other two fresh(er). he doesn't have the breakaway threat as JJ or Eke and that limits the places where he's best fit vs the others. I expect JJ is the primary starting back with Eke still in his primarily 3rd down role. we'll see ...
                I agree with this. I'd like to see Eke not try and be a bell cow. He's to valuable as what he did last year.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Oops...

All the more incentive for his dual agents to go for an overvalued extension. Get their money before his knee gives out completely.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Sgt. Pepper
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I don't understand why people think that JJ should be elevated into Melvin Gordon's roll with Ekeler's workload not increasing. Ekeler has a much larger body of work than JJ and his numbers are superior to JJ's. I will bet money that if they are with out Gordon in week 1, the game plan will have Ekeler and JJ splitting the number one role with Newsome, as we agree, as the number 3 guy with a limited role. I hope Gordon is the starting RB in week 1, but on the other hand I am kind of excited to see what a combination of JJ - Ekeler looks like, with Newsome getting enough touches to keep defenses off-balance and keep the top two guys well I've been rested.

Comment

• Blue Thunder
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Arlington, TX
                      • Send PM

If Gordon stays out, we won't have a true "bell-cow" RB. It will be a RBBC with Jackson and Ekeler getting a large portion of the snaps split relatively evenly and Newsome sprinkled in here and there to keep everyone fresh and then also as a run-out-the-clock back in blowouts.

I think we will probably see some 21 formations in which two of the three RBs (usually JJ and Ekeler) are on the field at the same time. Put them both in the backfield or even split one of them out (probably Ekeler) and then occasionally use motion (either into or out of the backfield) to your advantage from that point.

Comment

• Sgt. Pepper
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Blue Thunder View Post
                        If Gordon stays out, we won't have a true "bell-cow" RB. It will be a RBBC with Jackson and Ekeler getting a large portion of the snaps split relatively evenly and Newsome sprinkled in here and there to keep everyone fresh and then also as a run-out-the-clock back in blowouts.

I think we will probably see some 21 formations in which two of the three RBs (usually JJ and Ekeler) are on the field at the same time. Put them both in the backfield or even split one of them out (probably Ekeler) and then occasionally use motion (either into or out of the backfield) to your advantage from that point.
                        This is what I see as well. It will be interesting to have them both on the field at the same time, with Ekeler in motion or splitting out wide before the snap.

Comment

• Caslon
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Send PM

As far a JJ goes, lots of newcomer RB's look promising right out of the gate. Then, as they become better known by opposing teams studying film on them, they hit a brick wall.

Comment

Working...
                          X