• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Josina - well maybe not bomb but quite interesting. I think he has a right to ask about the direction with moving on from Rivers; probably Gordon. These are GOOD players you just do nto replace. A healthy Okung is a good solid NFL OT. A not so healthy Okung is 13m of cap space. NFL is dirty this way. But the other 31 teams will be making these decisions. And if you go with sentiment over reality, well you will be a 5-11 football team. Heck without Rivers and a new Rookie QB - they will be a 5-11 football team probably.

@ig:josinaanderson
    A source tells me that #Chargers LT Russell Okung has expressed his uncertainty in the direction of the organization. While the team has attempted to reassure him, Okung remains skeptical of the team's direction and his future with the team.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
      Josina - well maybe not bomb but quite interesting. I think he has a right to ask about the direction with moving on from Rivers; probably Gordon. These are GOOD players you just do nto replace. A healthy Okung is a good solid NFL OT. A not so healthy Okung is 13m of cap space. NFL is dirty this way. But the other 31 teams will be making these decisions. And if you go with sentiment over reality, well you will be a 5-11 football team. Heck without Rivers and a new Rookie QB - they will be a 5-11 football team probably.

@ig:josinaanderson
      A source tells me that #Chargers LT Russell Okung has expressed his uncertainty in the direction of the organization. While the team has attempted to reassure him, Okung remains skeptical of the team's direction and his future with the team.
      Time to cut bait, get younger, and move on.
      Let big Russ see what his value is during FA.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Yeah, sucks the team wants an OT that can actually suit up. Terrible direction.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

I was thinking Okung could be a cap casualty anyways. But if we could grab a pick that would be ideal. Draft a LT and bring in a stud RT like Bryan Bulaga? Probably less per year than what Okung is making anyways.

I think either a trade or release still adds around 4M in dead money. Im not sure what the post June 1st numbers look like. Last year of contract and it may be a clean break.

Im not sold on any QB other than Burrows. And i really like Tua but that health man? Scares me but i would pull the trigger. Let a team move up for Herbert. Grab another 2nd.

Draft Becton at LT. Bulaga at RT. I think with Taylor and Sticks mobility we would be fine. Just set the table...and if either of those 2 fail then we look to 21/22 for the QB.

Ill say this...with Rivers i felt every year was a push year. We had to push for the SB every year. Now? Im not so stressed about it. Im a business guy. I know that rosters built for the long term are not done overnight. We are building a new product. Im going to be patient. I think the team will need a couple years to blossom. I also have no problem trading high priced guys that are likely not going to be picked back up on their next contract. Pick up some draft capital if possible.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

I'm not sold on Becton, he can't make those blocks you need downfield to spring a long run. He's overpowering at the LOS but not so hot past the los. You also have to question his weight. When he has a few million dollars in the bank, how much will he spend on food?

My ideal wish is that they could get a couple of good FA linemen and use the number six pick for bpa because there will be some very good players available at #6.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

josina needs more hits...

:shifty:
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                I was thinking Okung could be a cap casualty anyways. But if we could grab a pick that would be ideal. Draft a LT and bring in a stud RT like Bryan Bulaga? Probably less per year than what Okung is making anyways.

I think either a trade or release still adds around 4M in dead money. Im not sure what the post June 1st numbers look like. Last year of contract and it may be a clean break.

Im not sold on any QB other than Burrows. And i really like Tua but that health man? Scares me but i would pull the trigger. Let a team move up for Herbert. Grab another 2nd.

Draft Becton at LT. Bulaga at RT. I think with Taylor and Sticks mobility we would be fine. Just set the table...and if either of those 2 fail then we look to 21/22 for the QB.

Ill say this...with Rivers i felt every year was a push year. We had to push for the SB every year. Now? Im not so stressed about it. Im a business guy. I know that rosters built for the long term are not done overnight. We are building a new product. Im going to be patient. I think the team will need a couple years to blossom. I also have no problem trading high priced guys that are likely not going to be picked back up on their next contract. Pick up some draft capital if possible.

Russ only counts $2.5 million dead money and saves $13 million against the cap.
                Becton is an absolute MONSTER and only getting better at 20 y.o.
                Bulaga is a short term answer. If signed, Hope only for 2-3 years max.

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                  I'm not sold on Becton, he can't make those blocks you need downfield to spring a long run. He's overpowering at the LOS but not so hot past the los. You also have to question his weight. When he has a few million dollars in the bank, how much will he spend on food?

My ideal wish is that they could get a couple of good FA linemen and use the number six pick for bpa because there will be some very good players available at #6.
                  I love your ideal wish. Right there with you.

Disagree on Mekhi’s movement skills.

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

While i dont need to share your opinion on Becton...i absolutely agree that BPA at 6 makes sense. If we stay at 6 im probably looking at Brown, Simmons and Okudah. If Tua isnt there. Outside the top 10 guys like Becton and Jackson make sense to me. Im sort of just liking the idea that they have shown well at LT. The other guys are RT's. And thats fine because we need that also...but the cost of a guy like Bulaga may be the cheapest route to signing a new OT.

Hes not an overweight player imo. And we just saw Rivers hammered seemingly on every drop back this past season. While have a road grading LT is fine? My God just get me a guy that blows up pass rushers. Its really hard to find players that do both well. Protect and run block.

Downfield block will be more about play design for us. I think our screen game with Lynn is going to be epic. Because we will have QBs that boot or roll out pulling defenders to one side and then dinking the other way to guys like Ekeler with open field blockers.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Russ only counts $2.5 million dead money and saves $13 million against the cap.
                      Becton is an absolute MONSTER and only getting better at 20 y.o.
                      Bulaga is a short term answer. If signed, Hope only for 2-3 years max.
                      Im seeing 3.5 in dead. And yes that age is something i have been vocal about almost every year. I love the young boys.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Im seeing 3.5 in dead. And yes that age is something i have been vocal about almost every year. I love the young boys.
                        I use spotrac.......
                        CHARGERS Russell Okung EMBED THIS

LEFT TACKLEAge: 32 Exp: 9 Years
                        Drafted: Round 1 (#6 overall), 2010College: Oklahoma StateAgent(s): Peter Schaffer, JR Rickert () - More Chargers - Adderley, Nasir Allen, Keenan Anderson, Stephen Badgley, Michael Benjamin, Travis Bosa, Joey Broughton, Cortez Brown, Jatavis Campbell, Tevaughn Cantrell, Dylan Culkin, Sean Davis, Geremy Davis, Thomas Davis, Michael Drango, Spencer Dzubnar, Nick Egbule, Emeke Ekeler, Austin Facyson, Brandon Feeney, Dan Gordon, Melvin Green, Virgil Groy, Ryan Guyton, Jalen Hardison, Marcus Hayward, Casey Henry, Hunter Ingram, Melvin Jackson, Justin James, Derwin Jefferson, Malik Jenkins, Rayshawn Johnson, P.J. Johnson, Tyron Jones, Justin Jones, Donnie Kendricks, Lance King, Desmond Lamp, Forrest Long, Ty Martin, Koda Mazza, Cole Mebane, Brandon Meeks, Quenton Moore, Jason Nwosu, Uchenna Okung, Russell Patton, Andre Perryman, Denzel Phillips, Adrian Pipkins, Trey Pope, Troymaine Pouncey, Mike Quessenberry, Scott Rivers, Philip Rochell, Isaac Schofield, Michael Scott, Trenton Square, Damion St. Louis, Tyree Stick, Easton Taylor, Tyrod Teamer, Roderic Tevi, Sam Tillery, Jerry Toner, Cole Tranquill, Drue Vollert, Andrew Watkins, Jaylen Watt, Derek White, Kyzir Williams, Sylvester Williams, Mike
                        • Current Contract

Russell Okung signed a 4 year, $53,000,000 contract with the Los Angeles Chargers, including a $10,000,000 signing bonus, $25,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $13,250,000. In 2020, Okung will earn a base salary of $13,000,000 and a roster bonus of $31,250, while carrying a cap hit of $15,531,250 and a dead cap value of $2,500,000.
                          CONTRACT TERMS:4 yr(s) / $53,000,000 SIGNING BONUS$10,000,000 AVERAGE SALARY$13,250,000 GTD AT SIGN:$25,000,000 TOTAL GTD:$25,000,000 FREE AGENT:2021 / UFA
                          2017 29 $3,000,000 $2,500,000 $500,000 $6,000,000 $25,000,000 $13,468,750($13,468,750)
                          2018 30 $12,000,000 $2,500,000 $468,750 $14,968,750 $19,500,000 $12,468,750($25,937,500)
                          2019 31 $13,000,000 $2,500,000 $31,250 $15,531,250 $5,000,000 $13,031,250($38,968,750)
                          2020 32 $13,000,000 $2,500,000 $31,250 $15,531,250 $2,500,000 $13,031,250($52,000,000)
                          2021 33 UFA
                          Contract Notes:
                          • $25M guaranteed at signing (signing bonus + 2017 salary + 2018 salary)
                          • 2017 Per Game Active Bonus: $31,250 ($500,000)
                          • 2018 Per Game Active Bonus: $31,250 ($500,000, 15 LTBE)
                          • 2019 Per Game Active Bonus: $31,250 ($500,000, 15 LTBE)
                          • 2020 Per Game Active Bonus: $31,250 ($500,000, 1 LTBE)

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

I like both OTC and Spotrac but over the past month i have had to reach out to Spotrac on twitter to remind them the site is down. Not sure whats happening with them. But we clearly have a couple different numbers here from the 2 sites. If your numbers are the correct ones thats even better.

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 11.26.54 AM.png

Comment

Working...
                          X