• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

We will be lucky to convince TT to draft one Guard !

Hope like hell it's a good one.

My stealth PON's...stud LB, WR#3.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
      Pouncey is probably done & Okung is near the end. What is there going forward?

Forrest Lamp: proved that he belongs as a starter, provided he can stay on the field. The ankle injury was a fluke and he should be ready to go start of next season. No nonsense about him fighting for a job like last time.

Scott Quessenberry: has done better than expected, but team doesn't know what it has with him. Other teams are evaluating his weaknesses at this point.

Dan Feeney: after 3 years still a question mark; needs to get stronger - overpowered by PJ Hall on 3rd and 1. Would have been helped with competent OT. Probably won't be resigned.

Mike Schofield: might bring back because of other needs....far from ideal. Better off looking for a veteran upgrade in free agency, particularly if Q starts next year.

Trevor Scott: a poor backup...not NFL ready and probably never will be

Sam Tevi: a very low end starting RT.....very low end. Struggles in his back pedal and poor hand usage with poor awareness of space and positioning. People like his run blocking and have suggested moving him to guard....probably fails there.

Trey Pipkens: He's gotten noticeably bigger since being drafted. He will be their starter at one of the tackle positions next year.

Verdict: team could get by with doing nothing (& praying) if Okung returns next year. Pipkens and Lamp will be an upgrade...Q will be a downgrade. Chargers will probably draft in the mid teens: i'm guessing they go with a qb and attempt to resign Rivers to a 2 year deal. Future of left tackle position will continue to remain uncertain.
      Lamp can’t stay on the field. He hasn’t proven anything to me. Q looks serviceable at C. Scho should go. Feeney Scott and Tevi are barely backups. Pips is unknown. Okung and Pouncey are probably done.

Chargers will look forward to 2020 with exactly one potential starter on OL (Q). That is inept for any FO. They will have to devote FA dollars to OL, high draft pick(s?) to OL. Meanwhile they need another CB (or 2), TE, ILB (still!), DT (still!), and could use a slot WR. Oh - and their QB is nearing his last van ride to Costsa Mesa ...
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Lamp can’t stay on the field. He hasn’t proven anything to me. Q looks serviceable at C. Scho should go. Feeney Scott and Tevi are barely backups. Pips is unknown. Okung and Pouncey are probably done.

Chargers will look forward to 2020 with exactly one potential starter on OL (Q). That is inept for any FO. They will have to devote FA dollars to OL, high draft pick(s?) to OL. Meanwhile they need another CB (or 2), TE, ILB (still!), DT (still!), and could use a slot WR. Oh - and their QB is nearing his last van ride to Costsa Mesa ...
        So many holes to fill...wonder if we might see if we can get a couple of draft picks for Bosa before he skips town to join one of his brothers...

Comment

• El_Tee
          I’m No Noob
          • Sep 2019
          • Disney World, FL
          • Send PM

EXPLAIN HOW THE OL CAN BE SO BAD WHEN IT PRACTICES AGAINST BOSA AND SUPA EVERY WEEK?

SERIOUS QUESTION.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post
            EXPLAIN HOW THE OL CAN BE SO BAD WHEN IT PRACTICES AGAINST BOSA AND SUPA EVERY WEEK?

SERIOUS QUESTION.
            I would say maybe our D-line coach told Boss and Mel to slow it down to half speed, just to make if fair for the poor dudes on the O-line...

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

After this season, its time to extend the contracts of Lamp and Feeney. Who do you keep?
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• SDBORN
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

So many holes to fill...wonder if we might see if we can get a couple of draft picks for Bosa before he skips town to join one of his brothers...
                Id rather just throw a boat load of money at Bosa like yesterday and get him to sign now if at all possible. Then deal with the rest.

Rivers will have to take a big pay cut next year or not come back at all.

Ingram has played a lot better last 2 games but id still trade him before I trade Bosa. No contest there. Bosa does it all.

Comment

• Classic
                  Hall Of Fame
                  • Dec 2014
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                  After this season, its time to extend the contracts of Lamp and Feeney. Who do you keep?
                  Lamp embarrassingly enough should be kept. He may suck but he hasn't sucked for 3 years like Feeney has. All that said I expect Telesco to resign both because "depth".

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                    maybe neither

wait a season

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

Lamp embarrassingly enough should be kept. He may suck but he hasn't sucked for 3 years like Feeney has. All that said I expect Telesco to resign both because "depth".
                      Agree...Lamp was showing something before he got hurt...again...let Feeney go...

Comment

• AZBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

There's bad and there is real bad......Tevi and Scott are really bad....likely 2 of the worst 5 OT in football bad. Rivers would be playing better if these 2 pathetics weren't on the field.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                          Outback Goon
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Australia
                          • Send PM

i doubt Pouncey will return.
                          Okung is a maybe

Lamp showed promise, Quessenberry also. Pipkins is ?
                          cut the rest

needs for next draft:
                          OT x2
                          RG

and plenty of UDFA backups hungry to make the team.

Comment

Working...
                          X