• like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
    LOL!
    Who are they? Who are "you"? What do they say about OL blocking?

I got more but let's skip ahead.
    I believe Campen is a solid hire who will improve OL play. I'm anxious to see team activity.
    Go Bolts!
    It works for Trump so should work for all.
    People are saying......
    I’ve been hearing.......
    Don’t believe what you read or see.......

Happy Campen is the golden ticket in combination with blocking/offensive scheme changes to help maximize our OLINE/offensive talent.

Im looking for that first outside zone fake, PA boot rollout (without the QB looking like a new born foal trying to run), and a nice completion.
    Last edited by like54ninjas; 05-17-2020, 11:34 AM.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
      Im looking for that first outside zone fake, PA boot rollout (without the QB looking like a new born foal trying to run), and a nice completion.
      LMFAO. Literally.

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Happy Campen is the golden ticket in combination with blocking/offensive scheme changes to help maximize our OLINE/offensive talent.

Getting better OL results is close to a lock. It'll be nice to see any OL scheme that is effective.
        Rivers looked like a flamingo running.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

With the new guys at RT and RG plus the return of our Center, I expect the OL to be much better. I think the left side is still a question but overall our OL is going to be the best it's been in a long time.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

LOL!
            Who are they? Brandon Thorn, Duke Manyweather, et al. Who are "you"? I am wu-dai. What do they say about OL blocking? They say that Feeney's lack of progress in 2019 was caused by Meyer's concepts putting OG's in untenable positions. There was lack of properly taught coordination of blocking responsibilities vis-a-vis OTs and OGs and hand offs. The tackles were schooled to set up wide and leave the OGs on an island! Add in Pipkin's lack of experience and Qberry's inability to identify defenses and make blocking calls. Pass Pro-proficient Lamp at OLT and Pro Bowler Pouncey at OC will be very helpful in 2020.

I got more but let's skip ahead. Skip ahead from the repetitive bashing of Feeney ? No, accurately describe what has happened. Don't just vent.
            I believe Campen is a solid hire who will improve OL play. I'm anxious to see team activity.
            Go Bolts!
            Campen emphasizes fundamentals and results, just like Meyer or any Oline coach. He will be the guy who finally allows Feeney to take advantage of what Dan does well, such as run blocking in space, and combo blocking, while also shoring up Feeney's weaknesses, which must be improved to the point of being adequate.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Campen emphasizes fundamentals and results, just like Meyer or any Oline coach. He will be the guy who finally allows Feeney to take advantage of what Dan does well, such as run blocking in space, and combo blocking, while also shoring up Feeney's weaknesses, which must be improved to the point of being adequate.
              Hope yer right, Wood. New coach, new approach...maybe Happy Campen brings out the best in Feeney...I never understood how Feeney could be so highly rated pre-draft, then his play was mostly below average in the pros...maybe scheme and coaching did have a lot to do with it...

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

LOL! Repetitive bashing? I though I was sensitive & kind. His Mom might read my posts.
                I liked that we drafted him, stuck up for him up to, until 2019 - 2020 postseason.
                Feeney made some very basic errors in 2019. The most egregous of which was leaving the inside pass tush open. Block the shortest path to QB 1st. Period.
                I have wondered since if Meyer or Whis was telling him to support the LT, no matter what. If so, he received bad marching orders.
                I like Campen's history and what is said about him as a player and coach. I like the Vet OL leadership that Telesco brought in. I personally believe the OL will be better. I have hopes that Feeney improves on 2019 but would love it if Lamp puts him on the bench.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

LOL! Repetitive bashing? I though I was sensitive & kind. His Mom might read my posts.
                  I liked that we drafted him, stuck up for him up to, until 2019 - 2020 postseason.
                  Feeney made some very basic errors in 2019. The most egregous of which was leaving the inside pass tush open. Block the shortest path to QB 1st. Period.
                  I have wondered since if Meyer or Whis was telling him to support the LT, no matter what. If so, he received bad marching orders.
                  I like Campen's history and what is said about him as a player and coach. I like the Vet OL leadership that Telesco brought in. I personally believe the OL will be better. I have hopes that Feeney improves on 2019 but would love it if Lamp puts him on the bench.
                  I speak in tongues to you sonorajim,
                  and your Band of Trenchers.

This can only be settled out on the gridiron.

NO MORE ZOOM.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Like this?:

image.png

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Hope yer right, Wood. New coach, new approach...maybe Happy Campen brings out the best in Feeney...I never understood how Feeney could be so highly rated pre-draft, then his play was mostly below average in the pros...maybe scheme and coaching did have a lot to do with it...
                      Don't hope too hard.
                      Naked eye analysis is useless...

Comment

• AK47
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Tillery to Tackle!!

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                          Tillery to Tackle!!

Tillery the Tackle...has a nice ring to it...the idea has merit...

Comment

Working...
                          X