Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
    PFF: Tevi (57.9) Lamp (53.0) Feeney (46.9) Groy (54.1) Pipkins (40.3). After week 3, the Chargers were PFF's 30th ranked OL.
    Groy as our 2nd highest graded PFF Olinemen should tell you all you need to know about their metrics/guys who breakdown film to give the info into their metrics.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      Tevi has given up 1 sack, 2 hits on the QB and 9 pressures. That was a his game stats either of the last 2 seasons, so like it or not it is improvement. The whiners can keep bitching about him, and he is not great, but he is playing a lot better than he was. Again, he is still got a ways to go to be a quality starter, but he is not as bad as the poor memory crowd is making him out. Watch how he is playing now and don't make up your mind on Tuesday how he will play on game day.

Groh has been just dreadful. He occasionally will maul someone and break a big run, but then he gives up a couple matador plays and the DL or LB goes flying by him.

We only have so many draft picks, so all this nonsense about cutting everyone and starting over is just nonsense. It doesn't happen in football. The rest of the season is the chance to see how the rest of the younger guys develop. There is a full 53 man roster and we need help across the roster.
      If Groy is so bad, why don't the Bolts return Q-Berry to center and let Feeney move to RG? Is Q-Berry worse than Groy?

Comment

• WindsorUK
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Windsor, U.K.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If Groy is so bad, why don't the Bolts return Q-Berry to center and let Feeney move to RG? Is Q-Berry worse than Groy?
        I'd also be interested in moving Feeney over and letting Ques start at C( wasn't Dan an RG in college?).
        If Turner, however, is our starter at RG going forward, your decision isn't between Ques/Groy but Ques/Feeny. I think Feeney gets the nod there.

Comment

• alex8080
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

they made an effort to address with pouncey, turner, and bulaga. they haven't played. they still can play. realize that you are starting planned backups as starters.

tevi and feeney will back back next year. I don't know if they will be drafting multiple ol picks next year, but they do realize they have a franchise qb who will be in his 2nd year and needs to be preserved.

if they sign a fa, i hope it is a center who can give experience to qb, open up a lane (very important). and can handle a 3t on his own allowing for guards to help outside if needed

Comment

• WindsorUK
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Windsor, U.K.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by alex8080 View Post
            they made an effort to address with pouncey, turner, and bulaga. they haven't played. they still can play. realize that you are starting planned backups as starters.

tevi and feeney will back back next year. I don't know if they will be drafting multiple ol picks next year, but they do realize they have a franchise qb who will be in his 2nd year and needs to be preserved.

if they sign a fa, i hope it is a center who can give experience to qb, open up a lane (very important). and can handle a 3t on his own allowing for guards to help outside if needed
            I imagine Lamp will be back next year as well IF he stays healthy and continues his solid play.

A veteran C would be hugely beneficial for Herbert. I'd rather use a top pick on an LT and any FA money on a C.
            Love to see TT move ANYONE that doesn't appear to be in the long term plans for draft picks( MW, MG, HH, etc). Stacking picks in rounds 3,4,5 are where you build depth.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

I imagine Lamp will be back next year as well IF he stays healthy and continues his solid play.

A veteran C would be hugely beneficial for Herbert. I'd rather use a top pick on an LT and any FA money on a C.
              Love to see TT move ANYONE that doesn't appear to be in the long term plans for draft picks( MW, MG, HH, etc). Stacking picks in rounds 3,4,5 are where you build depth.
              Do you know of any former pro bowl veteran center available next year, coming off injuries and on the downward side of their career, who you can get on a discount?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Don't get me wrong. I am pretty sure I don't want him at LT for the rest of his career. But that doesn't mean he can't play. Even the best players in the NFL give up a bad play from time to time. The saits edge rushers are among the better groups in the NFL, and Tevi only allowed 1 sack.

I am just saying that the jury is still out and he is showing improvement. If he were able to get a top notch LT, Tevi would be playing well enough to be a solid RT or even OG. He is not that great out in space, and he has gotten beat around the corner a couple of times this season. I am just saying that if you watch him, most of the time he is keeping his man in front of him.

We need 5 players, and Tevi can be one of them at any of 4 different spots (LT,LG,RG,RT) and is right now a good swing OT. If you looka ta lot of the great OT in NFL history, they are often made up of players who took time to develop. Mark Tunei and Nate Newton, on that superb Cowboys OL were both bottom tier OL for the 1st half of their careers, before becoming all pro's.
                I agree with Steve.
                The rest of you are out to lunch.
                Go ahead and post your Machine Mocks with several developmental Olinemen.
                Forget the cap and the whole roster.
                ​​I will deal with the reality of what TT will actually do.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Groy as our 2nd highest graded PFF Olinemen should tell you all you need to know about their metrics/guys who breakdown film to give the info into their metrics.
                  I watch the OL a lot during games. All of them are inconsistent... at best. I share PFF grades as an objective, outside voice only. It's almost impossible for the average fan to watch and analyze every player along the OL every snap. Too often, players are spotlighted for their failures/triumphs only...

Before seeing PFF grades, I thought Lamp and Feeney were our most effective run/pass blockers. Pipkins is our least effective IMO.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by alex8080 View Post
                    just read that Alex Mack is expected to be a FA next offseason,

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

just read that Alex Mack is expected to be a FA next offseason,
                      Isn’t he like 53 y.o.?

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I watch the OL a lot during games. All of them are inconsistent... at best. I share PFF grades as an objective, outside voice only. It's almost impossible for the average fan to watch and analyze every player along the OL every snap. Too often, players are spotlighted for their failures/triumphs only...

Before seeing PFF grades, I thought Lamp and Feeney were our most effective run/pass blockers. Pipkins is our least effective IMO.
                        Read the tea leaves Sir.
                        It IS nauseating, but...
                        ​​​​Building blocks of some sort.
                        Tevi-Lamp-Feeney will be given time to develop.
                        On the right side,
                        Turner-Bulaga will be expected to get healthy,
                        and mentor Pipkins and whoever.
                        Feeney is our Center.
                        Qberry cannot anchor (why he is not playing.)
                        Wyatt Davis @ ~#13, on my radar.

I know you are all over cap issues.
                        I expect new, team friendly contracts for Turner/Bulaga,
                        and MWilliams too.
                        Squeeze in HH.
                        Ingram out.
                        Hamilcar Rashed, Jr on my radar @ ~#45.

JMO.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Read the tea leaves Sir.
                          It IS nauseating, but...
                          ​​​​Building blocks of some sort.
                          Tevi-Lamp-Feeney will be given time to develop.
                          On the right side,
                          Turner-Bulaga will be expected to get healthy,
                          and mentor Pipkins and whoever.
                          Feeney is our Center.
                          Qberry cannot anchor (why he is not playing.)
                          Wyatt Davis @ ~#13, on my radar.

I know you are all over cap issues.
                          I expect new, team friendly contracts for Turner/Bulaga,
                          and MWilliams too.
                          Squeeze in HH.
                          Ingram out.
                          n my radar @ ~#45.

JMO.
                          Who’s on your radar in round 2?
                          Inquiring minds want to know.

When are these new contracts coming for a Turner Bulaga?
                          Think we resign all 3 of Lamp, Feeney, Tevi?

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X