• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

had half forgotten 'bout Spriggs, as yes would like to get a vet hedge @tackle.... if we don't resign Rivers.

if we do resign Phil, still voting for Whitworth @LT.

my question is will Campen move Feeney (back) to RG ?? ….(or move him for a draft pick ?)

LT * Whitworth, Prince Tega Wanagho, Jason Spriggs
    LG * Forrest Lamp, Sam Tevi
    OC * Scott Quessenberry, Cesar Ruiz
    RG * Quinton Spain, Dan Feeney
    RT * Jack Conklin, Trey Pipkins

re: Conklin.... would be willing to gamble more guaranteed money in return for fewer years.... $14m/year for three years ??

and paying Andrew $7.5m for the one year.... if and when so.

will also add that the description that my Green Bay fan gave me for Campen was.... "players developed."
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
      had half forgotten 'bout Spriggs, as yes would like to get a vet hedge @tackle.... if we don't resign Rivers.

if we do resign Phil, still voting for Whitworth @LT.

my question is will Campen move Feeney (back) to RG ?? ….(or move him for a draft pick ?)

LT * Whitworth, Prince Tega Wanagho, Jason Spriggs
      LG * Forrest Lamp, Sam Tevi
      OC * Scott Quessenberry, Cesar Ruiz
      RG * Quinton Spain, Dan Feeney
      RT * Jack Conklin, Trey Pipkins

re: Conklin.... would be willing to gamble more guaranteed money in return for fewer years.... $14m/year for three years ??

and paying Andrew $7.5m for the one year.... if and when so.

will also add that the description that my Green Bay fan gave me for Campen was.... "players developed."
      So how many of those 11 are you cutting from the 53?
      4 FA Olinemen plus 2 second day draft picks?
      Short term contracts for players in their prime cost more not less. You’re looking more like $55 mil for 3 years all guaranteed for Jack.
      How many other FA are you signing? Filling any other roster deficiencies?
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Spriggs was a high pick who did not take to Campen's coaching.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          Spriggs was a high pick who did not take to Campen's coaching.
          Was he or just had 2 better OTs in front of him?
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

I don’t know this new OLC but I’m happy about it for no other reason than I watched how the last OLC coached up the OL for the last couple years. If nothing better happens than I don’t see 3 OL players standing with their dick in their hands every 3rd blown up play, clearly unsure what their assignment was even supposed to be ... its an upgrade.

As for the OL players - i don’t see anything that needs keeping. I suppose they won’t change out all 9 / 10 players but i don’t see a single one that warrants any special concern. O and P are good players but both are old and miss a lot of games and are not on the cheap. Why pay $$$ to rent an old car that breaks down frequently when you can just rent a newer car that does’t break down. the rest, and i mean every single one of them, have shown nothing to indicate they are starting caliber. LAC will need a few backups, but I don’t see a single starter in that entire group.

Maybe some think Campen will come in and confirm it was horrible OL coaching for years? Some possibility there when we see 2 and 3 players do the wrong thing on plays with regularity. Then again, maybe they just suck. beats me - they have been at or near the worst OL for 2 years straight with this basic core group - why try that again and expect anything different?
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Was he or just had 2 better OTs in front of him?
              I will answer this by putting it this way.

I like Tevi, Pipkens, St Louis, even Scott, better than Spriggs.

If we sign Spriggs, hopefully Campen can improve Spriggs' anchor, something Campen has been known to do.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                I don’t know this new OLC but I’m happy about it for no other reason than I watched how the last OLC coached up the OL for the last couple years. If nothing better happens than I don’t see 3 OL players standing with their dick in their hands every 3rd blown up play, clearly unsure what their assignment was even supposed to be ... its an upgrade.

As for the OL players - i don’t see anything that needs keeping. I suppose they won’t change out all 9 / 10 players but i don’t see a single one that warrants any special concern. O and P are good players but both are old and miss a lot of games and are not on the cheap. Why pay $$$ to rent an old car that breaks down frequently when you can just rent a newer car that does’t break down. the rest, and i mean every single one of them, have shown nothing to indicate they are starting caliber. LAC will need a few backups, but I don’t see a single starter in that entire group.

Maybe some think Campen will come in and confirm it was horrible OL coaching for years? Some possibility there when we see 2 and 3 players do the wrong thing on plays with regularity. Then again, maybe they just suck. beats me - they have been at or near the worst OL for 2 years straight with this basic core group - why try that again and expect anything different?
                Hard to argue any of this, solid post.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

This sums up tommyjohns o line situation to a tee.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

So how many of those 11 are you cutting from the 53?
                    4 FA Olinemen plus 2 second day draft picks?
                    Short term contracts for players in their prime cost more not less. You’re looking more like $55 mil for 3 years all guaranteed for Jack.
                    How many other FA are you signing? Filling any other roster deficiencies?
                    got mixed feelings on Conklin, 'specially if we're not going all in w/Phil, as not sure Tyrod warrants the $18.33m/year you're suggesting ??

and doubt we would go w/Spriggs as know my good ol' Packer fan friend was def (way) down on the guy.

ditto for Whitworth as not sure there is anyone else here in favor of that suggestion.

and my initial thought was that Campen is looking for guys that can get up to speed in the second level and w/the quickness, and have good feet, and then I thought 'bout AL ??

is he still all in on run blocking first Olinemen ?? personally think that is an oversight and after last season, am looking for guys that keep our QB clean first, run block second and/or as a bonus ??

so is that someone like Wanogho in the draft, or is Andrew Thomas or maybe Wirfs their guy ?? how much authority/input will Campen have regarding who gets drafted for his Oline ??

think Tevi and Feeney are both on the bubble, and Scott too if he is invited to camp ??

Forrest has a hill to climb, and would they sign someone like Spain ??

think Pip is pretty much a lock, and guessing they sign @least one if not two Olinemen in FA, and ditto for the draft, selecting @least one and maybe two Olinemen there ??

so thinkin' we keep Pip, Lamp and Qberry moving forward and sign @least one OT in FA along w/an OG hopefully, while drafting an OC and perhaps one other Olineman in the draft for a total of 7 there ?? and that up to a coupla few could persist outta Dan, Sam and Trent, and/or.... ??

ps. would prolly offer Conklin the $14m/year for 3 years ($42m), and if he didn't bite/take the offer, would prolly move on, unless eye was dead certain we were all in w/Phil for a last SB run ?? !!
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

This sums up tommyjohns o line situation to a tee.
                      TommyJohns.

Isn't that that one restaurant?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

TommyJohns.

Isn't that that one restaurant?
                        underwear?
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

underwear?
                          Could be with how shitty this o line has been.

Comment

Working...
                          X