• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PORTERPARTY1
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2020
    • Send PM

Did anyone notice, the Chargers first string off line is intact for what I believe is the first time this year. Maybe coaches will look better, and eckler/ballange can run and Herbert have a little time to throw. Could be one of our better off. games. Make some key choices on who goes and who stays!

Comment

• Caslon
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Send PM

Herbert passes for 400 yards. Cam passes for 320. Thus the reason TT will want another DB at #1. Herbert can produce, will be kept upright. The running game will suck.

This game might point towards on whether to keep the OC (without Lynn's offensive call decisions) or to keep the current Chargers OC with a new HC.

Who called some of those questionable running plays that were total fail? (a few needed to happen, run for a TD). Lynn or the OC?

Last edited by Caslon; 12-05-2020, 06:10 AM.

Comment

• eaterfan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
        Herbert passes for 400 yards. Cam passes for 320. Thus the reason TT will want another DB at #1. Herbert can produce, will be kept upright. The running game will suck.

This game might point towards on whether to keep the OC (without Lynn's offensive call decisions) or to keep the current Chargers OC with a new HC.

Who called some of those questionable running plays that were total fail? (a few needed to happen, run for a TD). Lynn or the OC?

The play calling has definitely improved under Steichen and he's had some good plays to get Herbert some early throws. But, I think it's silly to deny AL's influence on the play calling. The issues under Steichen have been the same as they were under Whiz. They run too much on 1st and 2nd down without much success, putting them behind the chains. This is especially true once they get a lead. It seems like they go into a prevent offense at the start of the 3rd quarter. The constant in this has been AL.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

I had a good friend when I was younger who had a unique approach with women. His philosophy was that you always need three women in line, one you’re having sex with now, one you’re ready to have sex with soon, and one you’re grooming long term.

According to this approach, TT is celibate with his OL strategy.

As for my friend, I don’t think he ever got the execution of his strategy right.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
            I had a good friend when I was younger who had a unique approach with women. His philosophy was that you always need three women in line, one you’re having sex with now, one you’re ready to have sex with soon, and one you’re grooming long term.

According to this approach, TT is celibate with his OL strategy.

As for my friend, I don’t think he ever got the execution of his strategy right.
            AJ Smith had a similar strategy: "Line 'em up three deep and let 'em compete!" Unfortunately, even AJ failed at times here by not having decent backups or O-line projects to groom. TT has consistently failed to have decent backups in place for our O-line. Tevi and Pip were both projects who have turned into below-average players. I do give TT credit on Lamp and Feeney, who both graded high in the draft at the time. However, they have both failed to transition to the pros, though Lamp has improved a bit. Feeney may be suffering from the G to C switch. Throwing away that 3rd rounder last year to move up for Murray was, I felt, a mistake. We could have used that pick on O-line, or at the very least, an edge rusher, another big PON...

Comment

• Caslon
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

Chargers running game is anemic. Enter draft pick RB Jackson, back from injury. Still anemic. Thankfully Ekeler is back in good form.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

AJ Smith had a similar strategy: "Line 'em up three deep and let 'em compete!" Unfortunately, even AJ failed at times here by not having decent backups or O-line projects to groom. TT has consistently failed to have decent backups in place for our O-line. Tevi and Pip were both projects who have turned into below-average players. I do give TT credit on Lamp and Feeney, who both graded high in the draft at the time. However, they have both failed to transition to the pros, though Lamp has improved a bit. Feeney may be suffering from the G to C switch. Throwing away that 3rd rounder last year to move up for Murray was, I felt, a mistake. We could have used that pick on O-line, or at the very least, an edge rusher, another big PON...
                think you could easily call Lamp a risky pick, as despite the pundit lather he got after his game against Alabama, he was still Sammy Small school, and outside of 'Bama, not sure his strength of schedule left you w/much more than conjecture/speculation ?? his measurables also left some peoples questioning the wisdom in drafting him, 'specially early on....

personally, am surprised why Feeney hasn't panned out better, and.... won't be surprised if he does, as if he lands somewhere where he can play RG and maybe gets better coaching, he could turn into a consistent Olineman for someone ??
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

think you could easily call Lamp a risky pick, as despite the pundit lather he got after his game against Alabama, he was still Sammy Small school, and outside of 'Bama, not sure his strength of schedule left you w/much more than conjecture/speculation ?? his measurables also left some peoples questioning the wisdom in drafting him, 'specially early on....

personally, am surprised why Feeney hasn't panned out better, and.... won't be surprised if he does, as if he lands somewhere where he can play RG and maybe gets better coaching, he could turn into a consistent Olineman for someone ??
                  You don't like Campen? Feeney is in his fourth year. He is going to flourish because he may play RG again?
                  Not buying that but I think I read somewhere last year that he didn't particularly prefer playing OC.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

You don't like Campen? Feeney is in his fourth year. He is going to flourish because he may play RG again?
                    Not buying that but I think I read somewhere last year that he didn't particularly prefer playing OC.
                    the "coaching" comment was meant for whomever is/was making the decision to first play him @LG instead of right, and then to put him in @the OC, and....

"flourish" is a strong word, 'specially in association w/the play of young Dan, and yes.... do believe his best shot is in moving back to RG.... (just don't think that's gonna be w/the LAC)
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

This would be my concern that a few good games at the end of this season would push CB or forbid, WR to the top of the list if Telesco is GM (hence why I think he needs to go- I don't trust him). I don't care how well the OL plays the rest of the year if they are all healthy: Tevi, Feeney, Lamp, Bulaga and turner - for me, this draft is all about OL and that means 1st round and in the 2nd or 3rd add another. The Chargers can find WR, and the running game will be much better with better running lanes.

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

This would be my concern that a few good games at the end of this season would push CB or forbid, WR to the top of the list if Telesco is GM (hence why I think he needs to go- I don't trust him). I don't care how well the OL plays the rest of the year if they are all healthy: Tevi, Feeney, Lamp, Bulaga and turner - for me, this draft is all about OL and that means 1st round and in the 2nd or 3rd add another. The Chargers can find WR, and the running game will be much better with better running lanes.
                        I have no issue with a first on a CB that can play man on the outside and keep up with speed

Comment

• WindsorUK
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Windsor, U.K.
                          • Send PM

Are Turner and Bulaga starting today?

Comment

Working...
                          X