• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eaterfan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

A good OLI helps the entire team: running game, passing game, ball control, short yardage, control the line of scrimmage keeps the other defense on the field. The Chargers don't need the best OL but they need to move to the top 10-12 in the league. If that means a pick on each day of the draft for OL - I am all for it. I just don't want Telesco or the new GM to wait until rounds 6 and 7. I want quality
    Exactly. Even a middle of the road OL compared to this garbage will make a huge difference. It will allow us to keep the ball away from the other team with fewer 3 and outs. It will allow the playbook to open up with more deep routes because there is time to throw it. But IMO the most important thing is it will help Herbert. Too many QBs have been physically hurt (Watson, Luck, Burrow) behind porous OLs and too many young QBs have gotten gun shy because of one (Carr - probably both of them, Luck, Rosen, Darnold, we've seen regression from Jackson as the OL regressed).

We need starters immediately, they have to be in rounds 1 and 2.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Oh good, our 2021 strategy is to go with Tevi and Lamp again. I was worried our strategy was to go with Lamp and Feeney.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

Exactly. Even a middle of the road OL compared to this garbage will make a huge difference. It will allow us to keep the ball away from the other team with fewer 3 and outs. It will allow the playbook to open up with more deep routes because there is time to throw it. But IMO the most important thing is it will help Herbert. Too many QBs have been physically hurt (Watson, Luck, Burrow) behind porous OLs and too many young QBs have gotten gun shy because of one (Carr - probably both of them, Luck, Rosen, Darnold, we've seen regression from Jackson as the OL regressed).

I am totally okay if Feeney Lamp and Tevi are back AS LONG AS the GM picks OL in Round 1 and another in Round 3 and they Day 1 starts and Tevi and Lamp are on the bench.

This is why I want Telesco out as Jeremiah had a tweet two weeks ago and he mentioned the Chargers needs as OT and CB. People see the Chargers need a better OL - but does Telesco see it

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

For sure we need a great OT and if he's there with the first pick its a no brainer pick, however we also need a great RB so if Jaret Patterson is on the board got to also think about picking him for sure. This team has much in place to be a great team. Franchise QB check, Franchise DE check, Franchise WR check... We just need a great CB, a great Speed WR and a great DT and dominate RB coupled with a coach who has the right stuff and I see no reason why we couldn't take down the top teams in the NFL next season.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

I am totally okay if Feeney Lamp and Tevi are back AS LONG AS the GM picks OL in Round 1 and another in Round 3 and they Day 1 starts and Tevi and Lamp are on the bench.

This is why I want Telesco out as Jeremiah had a tweet two weeks ago and he mentioned the Chargers needs as OT and CB. People see the Chargers need a better OL - but does Telesco see it
            Tevi, Pip and Feeney are the ones who need to be backups...Lamp is actually finally playing at a decent level...

Comment

• Silversurfer
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Los Angeles
              • Send PM

It all starts with the O-line and D-line. Changing the culture of the team and creating an identity of pushing back the opposing team. I hope to god we finally invest in both in free agency and the draft. What ever it takes to make them dominant.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Sure but do you resign OL to decent money to sit the bench? Depends on how other teams see those guys as they are starting for us. Pipkins is the achilles heel right now at OT. Tevi has been decent at LT but not great. Can he be decent at RT? He wasnt last season.

Lamp actually might be a conveyed OL in FA'cy as he has been hurt and this is his first year healthy and teams think he has more potentual. Who knows. We may actually get outbid lol.

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
                  It all starts with the O-line and D-line. Changing the culture of the team and creating an identity of pushing back the opposing team. I hope to god we finally invest in both in free agency and the draft. What ever it takes to make them dominant.
                  Remember Jim Harbaugh's D with the 49er's, they were pretty damn impressive??

Comment

• Silversurfer
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Los Angeles
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Remember Jim Harbaugh's D with the 49er's, they were pretty damn impressive??
                    I remember clearly they used to lay the wood, was fun to watch. Kind of amazing how he took that Singletary team and turned it around and completely changed the culture.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Sure but do you resign OL to decent money to sit the bench? Depends on how other teams see those guys as they are starting for us. Pipkins is the achilles heel right now at OT. Tevi has been decent at LT but not great. Can he be decent at RT? He wasnt last season.

Lamp actually might be a conveyed OL in FA'cy as he has been hurt and this is his first year healthy and teams think he has more potentual. Who knows. We may actually get outbid lol.
                      I am not saying sign all three or overpay - but if you can get them at decent prices - I like more OL depth than less.

Money is going to be interesting this offseason if the cap goes down..

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

I am not saying sign all three or overpay - but if you can get them at decent prices - I like more OL depth than less.

Im just saying even at decent prices they will make more than a 3rd round pick. Lamps average salary was 1.6 mil a year as a 38th overall pick(4 year, 6.67 mil). He was cheap his rookie year.
                        Will he get more than that? Maybe and id guess certainly elsewhere than from us.

Im thinking he gets 4 year, 10 mil deal here or elsewhere. At least a 3 year, 8 mil deal. At worst for him he signs a 1 year , 2 mil deal. This is just a guess but i dont think he will be real expensive but he wont be really cheap either. Will Feeney get more? Probably,...maybe since he has been healthy the whole time and a starter.

Tevi has been a starting OT and will get more. Not steep prices but they will cost more to be backups.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Not an if but a how much.
                          CAP range probably be around $178-$185.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X