• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

LOL. It looks like you get points for riding the pine. Nobody deserves better points.
    Which of these hacks do you believe need to be ranked higher than 60...? Tevi...? Lamp...? Feeney...? Turner...?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Which of these hacks do you believe need to be ranked higher than 60...? Tevi...? Lamp...? Feeney...? Turner...?
      Lamp is the keeper,
      in spite of the play.

Nutty, do you think we could get a bonafide Center, Creed, Linsley, whoever,
      put Feeney at one OG,
      Lamp at the other,
      and salvage our IOL that way ?
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Lamp is the keeper,
        in spite of the play.

Nutty, do you think we could get a bonafide Center, Creed, Linsley, whoever,
        put Feeney at one OG,
        Lamp at the other,
        and salvage our IOL that way ?
        Creed could be very good. But we've seen very good college centers get drafted high that didn't have the impact they should have. Center is such an important position (the HC of the OL). I'd rather get a proven veteran there. Feeney and Lamp could be possibilities at LG/RG. For the life of me, I can't understand why the Chargers haven't tried Feeney at RG (he dominated there in college). Then again, both Feeney and Lamp have been awful at recognizing stunts and picking up blitzes. I certainly wouldn't pencil them in as starters... neither has earned that right. And for the record, you know I loved Lamp and Feeney when they were drafted. The consistent production just hasn't been there. Sometimes they're very good, sometimes they're very bad.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

And I wouldn't be against re-signing Tevi. It just wouldn't be as a starter. It would be as a swing tackle backup/depth. He'd beat out Pipkins for sure. Get me a starting calibur LT, danm it! If Tevi asks for anything over $3 milion/year... later!

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Corey Linsey (Packers OC FA) has a market value of $8.7 million. The Packers are in cap hell for next year... so they probably won't pursue re-signing him.
            He has history with OL coach Campen and has a pass protection rate that ranks near the top. Signing him, then cutting Turner, saves the Chargers nearly $3 million.
            This move would also make the center position stable for 4 years.

Everyone is acting like we have money to burn in FA. We don't. We actually have a number of our own players that we need to re-sign: Hunter Henry, Michael Davis, Rayshawn Jenkins, and possibly Denzel Perryman. And then a slew of possible re-signs for depth at various positions.

Too many of these FA OL (Feeney, Lamp, Tevi) are just not as good as they need to be. I don't think they've proven themselves to be any better than Groy, Toner, or Quessenberry. Hoping and praying that Pipkins will progress to be a starting caliber OT is pretty silly, too. If we bring any of them back, it better be on short, team-friendly terms.

Which means... go get a starting caliber LT in the draft. Get yourself a good starting guard to put between Bulaga and Linsley. Fix your LG position by signing/re-signing experienced players that aren't going to break the bank. Let Pipkins learn behind Bulaga. If he isn't progressing, plan for the future. We have Bulaga for 2 more years.
            Pipkins may have to kick inside.

I like C. Lindsay as a FA acquisition. Coach Campen familiarity and highly productive.
            Resign Tevi as depth. Draft a OLT and 1-2 IOL. Have Tevi and Pipkins fight out for the swing tackle and kick the other inside.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Pipkins may have to kick inside.

I like C. Lindsay as a FA acquisition. Coach Campen familiarity and highly productive.
              Resign Tevi as depth. Draft a OLT and 1-2 IOL. Have Tevi and Pipkins fight out for the swing tackle and kick the other inside.
              Exactly. Although I don't know if Pip is physical enough for the IOL. Stack the shit high and let dogs fight for the red meat. Big on competition... short on patience.

Comment

• Caslon
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Send PM

That LT Strom guy... against that rush to Herbert last game where he didn't have a clue and the rusher easily got past him with a simple move. Could Strom use about 5 more years and be an emergency backup? Huge and tall as he is...he has nothing as far as reflexes go. He looked stoned on that play. Hehe, check him for drugs.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Creed could be very good. But we've seen very good college centers get drafted high that didn't have the impact they should have. Center is such an important position (the HC of the OL). I'd rather get a proven veteran there. Feeney and Lamp could be possibilities at LG/RG. For the life of me, I can't understand why the Chargers haven't tried Feeney at RG (he dominated there in college). Then again, both Feeney and Lamp have been awful at recognizing stunts and picking up blitzes. I certainly wouldn't pencil them in as starters... neither has earned that right. And for the record, you know I loved Lamp and Feeney when they were drafted. The consistent production just hasn't been there. Sometimes they're very good, sometimes they're very bad.
                  Feeney dominated at RG in college. Lamp dominated at LT in college. The chargers draft them based on that and move them to positions they didn’t dominate at. It’s the Charger way.

they did the same thing with Fluker

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Feeney dominated at RG in college. Lamp dominated at LT in college. The chargers draft them based on that and move them to positions they didn’t dominate at. It’s the Charger way.

they did the same thing with Fluker
                    They seem to have no clue at drafting OL. I always thought Fluker was a guard... slow feet.

Comment

• Caslon
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Send PM

They seem to have no clue at drafting OL. I always thought Fluker was a guard... slow feet.
                      Maybe we don't know what a big paycheck is...and welcome to the NFL. Super talented big pick offensive linemen ready to rock and roll their first year are the wave of the immediate future. Not seen that from TT's picks or FA acquisitions. Another Derwin James type guy try for a dominable defense ?...questionable . That's why I'm saying the Chargers will forget the CB obvious pick and trade down for the hope of a talented offensive lineman or two ( who can compliment Lamp and not take years to develop). I also predict this will be TT's last chance at the draft and free agency choices. He's been unlucky at patchworking the O-line during offseason. He got unlucky with Lamp at the #2 pick (altho Lamp was overrated). TT, you will attempt to build an O-line of the future.

Your attempt last year to build the defense of the future didn't pan out to a great extent. Try offense of the future this year, TT.

While your at it...kick yourself in the butt. The Spanos' won't do it...not for now, at least.
                      Last edited by Caslon; 12-11-2020, 12:51 AM.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

I guess we can't know what a big paycheck is...and welcome to the NFL. Super talented big pick offensive linemen ready to rock and roll their first year are the wave of the immediate future. Same with a Derwin James type guy in the secondary. That's why I'm saying the Chargers will forget the CB obvious pick and trade down for offensive linemen. I also predict this will be TT's last chance at the draft and free agency choices. He's been unlucky at patchworking the O-line.
                        Yes, we would like the flashy new cornerback. But at #4-6 it might be a waste if we can trade down a few spots and pick up another 2nd rounder for trading out. This draft is deep in QB's, interior oline, and cornerbacks and even wide receivers. Easier to sign competent dlinemen than to try and sign olinemen.

:cheers:
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

And I wouldn't be against re-signing Tevi. It just wouldn't be as a starter. It would be as a swing tackle backup/depth. He'd beat out Pipkins for sure. Get me a starting calibur LT, danm it! If Tevi asks for anything over $3 milion/year... later!
                          We don't know what the average tackle makes in the NFL. Might be that even average chopped liver tackles make $6 mil a year and Tevi is not injury prone as of yet. I'm sure the GM is checking to see who's been naughty or nice after this season.

:hello:
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X