• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Staley seems all in on Herbert. He got the job because he said the whole team will be built around Herbert. This season, Staley has continually put the game in Herbert's hands, whether it be the 4th downs or just the pass first, pass second, pass last game plan. So I doubt Staley is going to sign off on not protecting Herbert. And Telesco and the Spanoseseseses love them some Staley.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Offensive line on the field, first, Trade down - as this team needs a multitude of players - into the late 1st Round/ early second and then draft OG Zion Johnson for RG. Pencil him in as the starter. Oday was playing on a one-year deal, Matt Feiler signed a 3-year deal so I keep Feiler.

The high level of play from OT Trey Pipkens is an unexpected gift from the football gods, and I take OT Max Mitchell Ragin Cajuns in the 5th Round. I am drafting OG depth in the 6th, OT depth in the 7th.

Offensive line decisions, it is my hope that Frank Smith, Joe Lombardi and Brandon Staley's voice carries more weight in 2022 and they strongly influence the hand of Telesco, and the Chargers start drafting for the future properly, IMO.

#ZionJohnson
      #MaxMitchell

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
        Offensive line on the field, first, Trade down - as this team needs a multitude of players - into the late 1st Round/ early second and then draft OG Zion Johnson for RG. Pencil him in as the starter. Oday was playing on a one-year deal, Matt Feiler signed a 3-year deal so I keep Feiler.

The high level of play from OT Trey Pipkens is an unexpected gift from the football gods, and I take OT Max Mitchell Ragin Cajuns in the 5th Round. I am drafting OG depth in the 6th, OT depth in the 7th.

Offensive line decisions, it is my hope that Frank Smith, Joe Lombardi and Brandon Staley's voice carries more weight in 2022 and they strongly influence the hand of Telesco, and the Chargers start drafting for the future properly, IMO.

#ZionJohnson
        #MaxMitchell
        Drafting 4 OL prospects? Interesting.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Exactly!

BTW... if you ARE scoring more ppg... you are also forcing teams to go to the air more (to keep up). I think that plays into our strength... Staley likes to disguise coverages and create turnovers.
          That also says we need more quality pass rushers.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

I cannot see any way the team drafts three OL prospects. They can’t even keep all 3 on the squad. Assuming Bulaga is released, thats 1. Aboush is 2 if they don’t bring him back. I’m more seeing 1 draft pick and 1 journeyman FA. But who knows - maybe TT clears the roster of the entire current right side capability and rebuilds it entirely.

OL is not the only weak area, haven’t you guys been watching the defense this year? Defense is the priority, defense has lost us games. Staley needs more players that fit his scheme, TT’s priority should be to go get them. Penetrating and stout IDL, Pass Rush, and Cover DBs are needed. On offense, are we tired yet of JAG running backs behind Eke? How many more years of JAG do we really want to watch. How about we get one good power back for a change? TE - who’s replacing Cook? Not Anderson or Kitty, they are completely different players, they are the power TEs, not the spread TEs.

Are we going to upgrade punter? Long was bottom of league last time I looked a few weeks ago in net yards.

Improve the OL, but don’t become myopic - its a full team game
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Drafting 4 OL prospects? Interesting.
              Don't you think? We Charger fans MARVEL when an offensive line player comes into the game and isn't a detriment to the whole squad. I watch other squads lose a player with NO drop-off, and the Chargers fielded OG Senio Kelemete, he couldn't hold the fort a single game. Our offensive line depth is not up to scratch, IMO, and neither is the DT or the EDGE depth, but offensive is simply the most pressing.

M 8.0 1.png M 80 2.png

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Don't you think? We Charger fans MARVEL when an offensive line player comes into the game and isn't a detriment to the whole squad. I watch other squads lose a player with NO drop-off, and the Chargers fielded OG Senio Kelemete, he couldn't hold the fort a single game. Our offensive line depth is not up to scratch, IMO, and neither is the DT or the EDGE depth, but offensive is simply the most pressing.

M 8.0 1.png M 80 2.png
                I forgot about CalamattaOlive guy. Yeah, cut him hard and fast
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                  I cannot see any way the team drafts three OL prospects. They can’t even keep all 3 on the squad. Assuming Bulaga is released, thats 1. Aboush is 2 if they don’t bring him back. I’m more seeing 1 draft pick and 1 journeyman FA. But who knows - maybe TT clears the roster of the entire current right side capability and rebuilds it entirely.

OL is not the only weak area, haven’t you guys been watching the defense this year? Defense is the priority, defense has lost us games. Staley needs more players that fit his scheme, TT’s priority should be to go get them. Penetrating and stout IDL, Pass Rush, and Cover DBs are needed. On offense, are we tired yet of JAG running backs behind Eke? How many more years of JAG do we really want to watch. How about we get one good power back for a change? TE - who’s replacing Cook? Not Anderson or Kitty, they are completely different players, they are the power TEs, not the spread TEs.

Are we going to upgrade punter? Long was bottom of league last time I looked a few weeks ago in net yards.

Addressing the other picks concern, the Chargers have multiple picks in the sixth and seventh rounds. A punter will be there, as there will be OL depth.

216.png

216 2.png​​

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I would rather see them go with 4 DL/Edge players than O line this year.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I would rather see them go with 4 DL/Edge players than O line this year.
                      Top priorities:

1. A run-stuffing DT
                      2. Corner
                      3. RT (maybe sign in FA...if we do, draft Edge)
                      4. Edge
                      5. IOL

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Top priorities:

1. A run-stuffing DT
                        2. Corner
                        3. RT (maybe sign in FA...if we do, draft Edge)
                        4. Edge
                        5. IOL
                        Two things I have never heard a coach on any level say. My biggest problem is I just have too many quality cover guys. And My biggest problem is I just have too many quality pass rushers.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
                          Day One...
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Brentwood, 94513
                          • Send PM

Hopefully we draft really late in the first round, 32nd. With that happening, we can maybe get a solid RT at the end of the round. That would be my preference, so we can have bookends with Slater and said RT for years to come.

Another thing drafting late in the first round, will be the willingness of free agents to want to come and play here. We can find quality vets chasing a ring.

The defense is where we need the most help. We need more corners. Not tiny ones either. Long, lanky ones that fly. I’m not in love with Samuels being out on an island. I rather see him replace Harris as the nickel back. Meaning we need another opposite Vato.

One other thing to ponder, is if we only carry two qbs next year. That gives us one more roster spot for depth at other needed positions.

Comment

Working...
                          X