• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

TT better not go with his usual way of dealing with the O line and say "yep good enough" cuz it aint. Finish fixing your prior mistakes.RT early then go defense.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
      Building a great O Line goes a long ways towards keeping the defense off the field therefore improving the run D and points allowed.
      Would rather score the same ppg and give up less than vice versa next season.
      It is a key to keeping Mahomes off the field and winning division titles.
      Exactly!

BTW... if you ARE scoring more ppg... you are also forcing teams to go to the air more (to keep up). I think that plays into our strength... Staley likes to disguise coverages and create turnovers.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
        TT better not go with his usual way of dealing with the O line and say "yep good enough" cuz it aint. Finish fixing your prior mistakes.RT early then go defense.
        It looks like TT's "usual ways" have changed... 3 FA pickups and drafted a 1st round OT.
        I've always said, you're only as strong as your weakest link along the OL. Right now, it's RT.

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

Remains to be seen if TT has FINALLY realized the importance of an o line.Finish the line TT!Yes we need to beef up this Defense but draft a RT early or grab a Good,Solid name in FA.

Comment

• UtahBolt
            Did we win?
            • Jun 2013
            • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
            • Send PM

I feel like the team is comfortable with RT right now. With both Storm and Pip, I don't think they view RT as a priority and I can't say I disagree with them. Non-elite players take a little time to develop and I think both of those guys are trending up.
            I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

I disagree.Finish fixin your horrible line TT.Then move on to D line and the rest of the defense.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                I feel like the team is comfortable with RT right now. With both Storm and Pip, I don't think they view RT as a priority and I can't say I disagree with them. Non-elite players take a little time to develop and I think both of those guys are trending up.
                With Oday back and Strom and Pip pencilled in TT needs to turn his attention to DL, LBs, CB, RB, WR and TE

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                  I'd feel more comfortable with that comfort if they put next to them a quality right guard next year.
                  Getting a quality RT does not help you much against KC's defense and Chris Jones.

Something to consider in the offseason.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I'd feel more comfortable with that comfort if they put next to them a quality right guard next year.
                    Getting a quality RT does not help you much against KC's defense and Chris Jones.

Something to consider in the offseason.
                    Oday was great until his injury. They should bring him back

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                      Remains to be seen if TT has FINALLY realized the importance of an o line.Finish the line TT!Yes we need to beef up this Defense but draft a RT early or grab a Good,Solid name in FA.
                      Draft an OT round #1 and the best case scenario is that you will offer a huge contract to an OT in back to back years.
                      Huge contract for Herbert 2025, then Slater (2026), then stud RT (2027)

Comment

• Parcells
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I hope he comes back, but with an O-lineman coming off a torn ACL who will be 31 before the start of next season, it may not be smart to count on him as the starter. Given what his last contract was, we can afford to pay that again and have him be a backup who could earn the starting role.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

He's 30+ and has a major injury; it takes time for those injuries to fully heal.
                          Bring him back, but don't depend on him being your starter in 2022.

Comment

Working...
                          X