• Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I am looking for some fine tuning.
    Midround value pick(s) will be included.
    "Happy" Campen' is supposed to be a master at developing mid to late round O-linemen into solid starters...I'd really like to see what he does with Lamp, Feeney, Q-Berry and our future drafted OT and IOL...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

"Happy" Campen' is supposed to be a master at developing mid to late round O-linemen into solid starters...I'd really like to see what he does with Lamp, Feeney, Q-Berry and our future drafted OT and IOL...
      Yep. I'm guessing we are gonna like him.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

Chicken shit to chicken salad?Fingers n toes crossed.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Time to move in from Pouncey
          Like I said - if he is not healthy and checks out 100% - time to move on. If released his cap figure saves 5m

Okung - the same thing -- he would be 13m

Even Telesco should be able to take 18m of cap space and find two solid NFL Olineman. Conklin, Scherff, Glasnow, Humphries - one of those will cost a pretty penny but that still leaves 3-5m for another player. Because - he is just comparing the players he signs to Okung and Pouncey of 2019 and how they will play in 2020. Its the rough part of the business but its the decisions that need to be made.

I would take my chances releasing them than hoping they remain healthy in 2020.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Like I said - if he is not healthy and checks out 100% - time to move on. If released his cap figure saves 5m

Okung - the same thing -- he would be 13m

Even Telesco should be able to take 18m of cap space and find two solid NFL Olineman. Conklin, Scherff, Glasnow, Humphries - one of those will cost a pretty penny but that still leaves 3-5m for another player. Because - he is just comparing the players he signs to Okung and Pouncey of 2019 and how they will play in 2020. Its the rough part of the business but its the decisions that need to be made.

I would take my chances releasing them than hoping they remain healthy in 2020.
            He wasn't all that great when he was healthy. For the 6 or 9 mil cap hit, ...whichever it is,... he isn't worth it.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

He wasn't all that great when he was healthy. For the 6 or 9 mil cap hit, ...whichever it is,o he isnit worth it.
              Good point...if Okung can still play, keep him...but Pouncey--may be time to let him go...his pass pro wasn't all that great...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

He wasn't all that great when he was healthy. For the 6 or 9 mil cap hit, ...whichever it is,... he isn't worth it.
                Pouncey has a current cap hit of 7.5m - but if he is released - he will have 2.5m of dead cap and 5m saved

Okung currently counts 15.5m but if released, savings would be 13m

I get last year, Okung didn't come up until June. Like I said, its a rough business - but they need to be smart about it too. Of the two, maybe Okung is the better one to keep. But better a year early releasing than a year late.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Pouncey has a current cap hit of 7.5m - but if he is released - he will have 2.5m of dead cap and 5m saved

Okung currently counts 15.5m but if released, savings would be 13m

I get last year, Okung didn't come up until June. Like I said, its a rough business - but they need to be smart about it too. Of the two, maybe Okung is the better one to keep. But better a year early releasing than a year late.
                  I can’t get over the play when Okung injured his groin on an Int. He went down without being touched. Nothing to do with his condition that kept him out of training camp and the first half of the season. Untouched, went down, out with a groin. Not really the guy i would count on.

Pouncey got the Chargers to bite on a contract extension probably knowing he was going to be out most of last season. He’s a paycheck player now.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I can’t get over the play when Okung injured his groin on an Int. He went down without being touched. Nothing to do with his condition that kept him out of training camp and the first half of the season. Untouched, went down, out with a groin. Not really the guy i would count on.

Pouncey got the Chargers to bite on a contract extension probably knowing he was going to be out most of last season. He’s a paycheck player now.
                    Well yeah. Have you even injured your groin? Pulled and or torn muscles don't feel good. Even a pulled groin it's not easy to lift your leg.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

The more I think about it - especially moving forward with a new QB; time to get a new OL and that means moving on from Pouncey and Okung. 18m for two players who are at the stage of careers where injuries are more likely to occur - go get Scheff or Conklin or Humphries; spend the rest on a solid player and I think say one of those 3 + solid veteran >>>> 2020 versions of Okung and Pouncey

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

The more I think about it - especially moving forward with a new QB; time to get a new OL and that means moving on from Pouncey and Okung. 18m for two players who are at the stage of careers where injuries are more likely to occur - go get Scheff or Conklin or Humphries; spend the rest on a solid player and I think say one of those 3 + solid veteran >>>> 2020 versions of Okung and Pouncey
                        I might agree with you on Pouncey, if they can draft or acquire a decent replacement, or if Happy Campen can coach up Q-berry up a bit more to pass pro better. But on Okung, we're better off to keep him around while we groom his replacement.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                          BetterToday ThanYesterday
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Harsh.

Counterpoints:

Okung even suiting up and playing again shows a lot grit. What he had is LIFE THREATENING. Would have been easy to pack it up. But he came back, played well, got injured.

Pouncey signed a team friendly extension at a time when he was healthy and playing at a high level. He has a SEVERE injury that is just bad luck. Nothing in what he has done since he became a Bolt has ever indicated a guy who mails it in.

Both Okung and Pouncey were pro bowlers when healthy.

TG
                          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
                          X