• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Then take yer rose colored glasses and kick rocks dude.Never asked ya to like my opinion,because I couldn't give a crap lol.
    Get used to being on a forum then. You're going to get challenged. But I'll be a little nicer next time.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Barksdale played? (sarcasm)

But seriously. He could have fooled me with how unreliable the guy was for this, that or another reason. Could never seem to get him to play for extended periods.
      Sad that his only good season with us was 2015. I don't think Tevi is that good yet (hoping that he will be). But it is sad that he is better than Barksdale by default.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

According to Daniel Popper's Q&A on The Athletic, the Chargers are not planning on trading for Williams and likely won't do anything aside from possibly picking up a backup swing tackle after cuts. Tevi and Scott will be our starting tackles.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Pretty sure TT has planned by now to have:

High priced FA OLT
          High pick OLG
          High priced FA C
          High pick ORG
          Medium priced FA ORT

That only three of these players are on the team sucks; that only one, Lamp, has seen time in games this PS is even more disheartening I'd imagine. TT is having to rely on developmental backups and even more medium priced FAs to shore up this squad. Hard to get a lot out of a MASH unit.

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Get used to being on a forum then. You're going to get challenged. But I'll be a little nicer next time.
            Been on forums for years and there's always those couple a posters who believe they know all.Trynna talk shit on me aint challenging my football views either.Dont worry though dude you definitley aint hurt in nobody's feelings here.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Ontario , Canada
              • Send PM

Russell Okung isn't aging. He's only 30. Trent Williams, the one everyone wants to trade for, is actually older. As for Barksdale, he was replaced by Tevi who is better.
              That is aging. 30 is old for an OT. You can think its young I don't care either way. It is acknowledged they have to get a replacement for him at some stage.

I don't care abut the details w Barksdale either. Point is he is avg. So is Tevi
              Last edited by Cdn Bolt; 08-22-2019, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

That is aging. 30 is old for an OT. You can think its young I don't care either way. It is acknowledged they have to get a replacement for him at some stage.

I don't care abut the details w Barksdale either. Point is he is avg. So is Tevi
                30 is older than 29, no doubt about it. OT age is relative. Some guys are top players well into their 30s. If Okung clears the embolism medically, age isn't a problem. He was better than avg in 2018. Scott is pretty avg but 25 yo and improving.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  According to Daniel Popper's Q&A on The Athletic, the Chargers are not planning on trading for Williams and likely won't do anything aside from possibly picking up a backup swing tackle after cuts. Tevi and Scott will be our starting tackles.
                  It's the interior OL that's the key. I know I know broken record but it's true.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

It's the interior OL that's the key. I know I know broken record but it's true.
                    Well Pouncey was pretty good to start the season last year, hopefully he repeats that this season.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Well Pouncey was pretty good to start the season last year, hopefully he repeats that this season.
                      Not just Pouncey but the starting guards as well.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Been on forums for years and there's always those couple a posters who believe they know all.Trynna talk shit on me aint challenging my football views either.Dont worry though dude you definitley aint hurt in nobody's feelings here.
                        Well first of all, you were the one who originally challenged my post about TT and the OL. So don't talk shit to me if you can't handle it. Second, it's not about knowing it all or having rose colored glasses. It's about critical thinking and not just spewing out hot takes without substance.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Cant handle what?Your lame critiques lol.Get over yourself.And I'll spew whatever I feel like.

Comment

Working...
                          X