Chargers at Niners Game Day Thread (Preseason #4)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sgt Schultz
    Bandwagon since 8/6/1960
    • Jun 2013
    • Palm Springs
    • I know nothing
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Joy Division View Post
    Coach Lynn: "Stick, go out there and throw into coverage."
    Stick: "Huh?"
    Coach Lynn: "Just do it. The more picks the better. Then I will yank you and look upset."
    Stick: "Oh..gotcha."

Practice Squad trickery.
    You called it

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

No love for Teamer? Lanier?
      Lanier was getting moved off the ball early but had a pretty solid last 2 1/2 quarters.

Teamer started as SS, made a couple of assisted tackles, looked good in coverage. He was, well I meant to list him, on the decent to solid.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
        TT will be busy for the next few days..... We have great depth at some positions like pass rushers and RB(best group we have had in many many years)..... but horrible depth at positions like OL....

here's to hoping TT can work at least a trade or two to help our less than stellar OL.....

and we only need 2 QB's...... Stick is not ready to be a backup so he goes to PS if he passes waivers.... Jones or Taylor could be traded to another team that is hurting at QB like the colts.....as long as Rivers stays healthy, we don't need Taylor..... Taylor could start for Colts..... he's better than brissett...... and very similar in style..... Jones is a big pocket style QB who fits our scheme better than Taylor...... maybe Taylor could bring an OL.....that is better than what we are starting now....

Maybe Cox who is over 230 could play FB and maybe an upgrade to Watt?

Not sure why we picked up inman, since we appear to have good WR depth......

TE depth is iffy..... my guess is Gates has been told to stay in shape and wait for if and when we have a TE injury.....

Im still not sure why our defense cannot tackle well, contain, or stop the run..... way way too many broken tackles in entire pre season....

Adderley is the real deal....... we finally have a ball hawking centerfielder with great range.... he should be a huge contributor and a starter sometime this season....maybe after a few weeks.....

Welcome to TPB!

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I don't think he did play that badly.
          He did not play horrific. He did miss 3 fairly easy blocks I saw just as the game was running. I expected he'd win a starting job this PS and I don't think he did
          Last edited by like54ninjas; 08-30-2019, 07:58 PM.

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• jubei
            Vagabond Ninja
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Nassir Adderley. Kid SUX! SHOULDA had 3 pix! did her learn to catch from Jammer?

sarcasm off...

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
              TT will be busy for the next few days..... We have great depth at some positions like pass rushers and RB(best group we have had in many many years)..... but horrible depth at positions like OL....

here's to hoping TT can work at least a trade or two to help our less than stellar OL.....

and we only need 2 QB's...... Stick is not ready to be a backup so he goes to PS if he passes waivers.... Jones or Taylor could be traded to another team that is hurting at QB like the colts.....as long as Rivers stays healthy, we don't need Taylor..... Taylor could start for Colts..... he's better than brissett...... and very similar in style..... Jones is a big pocket style QB who fits our scheme better than Taylor...... maybe Taylor could bring an OL.....that is better than what we are starting now....

Maybe Cox who is over 230 could play FB and maybe an upgrade to Watt?

Not sure why we picked up inman, since we appear to have good WR depth......

TE depth is iffy..... my guess is Gates has been told to stay in shape and wait for if and when we have a TE injury.....

Im still not sure why our defense cannot tackle well, contain, or stop the run..... way way too many broken tackles in entire pre season....

Adderley is the real deal....... we finally have a ball hawking centerfielder with great range.... he should be a huge contributor and a starter sometime this season....maybe after a few weeks.....

Welcome. Good to have you.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Tillery looked just like another guy tonight.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                  Little different looks by the OL tonight. Im loving the delays and misdirection. Let them all come in and dump it over the top. That will really get in the heads of a D coordinator.
                  The Pat Meyer teachings are come to fruitition. Look for blocks out in space, led by Pouncey. Think of how BUF did it when Shady first went there. This is everything. Dynamic offense. Sets up pass protection. Everything.
                  Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Charge! Post #1 is a winner. Great to have you here. I see a possible trade of a WR. Artavis is now my WR#3.
                    Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                      Well its a wrap for the Preseason Games. 1-3. At least they have a win going into the first game, and no starters got hurt during these games, but unfortunately James and Okung wont be back quickly. I really like what I saw from Adderley, even though it was against the scrubs. The running backs made the cuts interesting for that room, not so sure on the WRs. There will be quality guys cut from the DL, unfortunately. Hope to keep the best of those in the PS.

I really don't know the fate for Jones, but he looks a lot different from last season.
                      Unfortunately, if i was a DL cut with PS eligibility i would look to sign elsewhere. The group is deep here and better opps await elsewhere.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Its interesting how many here are "sad" that Cardale is playing so much better than last year PS. Given AL's fascination with him, i think thats a good thing. I haven't yet watched Stick's 2nd half, i'll Run the DVR tonight after work to check him out, sounds like he puckered into a prune. Ironically the QB3 contest, while fun for us all, was the least important position competition on the entire team. Who cares which is QB3, really? Neither will ever play a single snap, odds are good he will never even be active. Next year is for kids dreams, we have 2019 football to play here.

I did see Adderly's first drop before I cut it last night, he showed great instinct and cover moves to get over there in perfect position, then ...right thru his hands. Agree it looked like nerves, thats ok. Love what i read about his 2nd half - look forward to seeing that tonight.

... think i'll Actually watch the full game before i guess more ...
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Oh, one last thing. I laughed at TT's aww shucks faux humble comment about solving the MG issue when he said (paraphrasing) "not only what he means to the team, but what he means to the organization".

Uh ... ? Does he help with logistics scheduling? Lease renegotiations? cook team meals? Media editing? Wash and fold unis? ... yeah, cute GM speak but MG means nothing to the organization beyond what he means to the team. He's player meat, like every player in the league.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X