Chargers at Niners Game Day Thread (Preseason #4)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FoutsFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Birmingham AL
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    Adderley was everything I hoped for. Imagine when he has some time in our system lining up to a healthy James.
    I have to admit going into the game last night I was skeptical of him due to being injured but on the field he was everything advertised. I would not be surprised to see him start by weeks 6-8. The kid looked like he belonged out there and had been playing all preseason.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

IMO, two players showed great growth from week one to four - Cardale Jones and Trey Pipkins.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
        IMO, two players showed great growth from week one to four - Cardale Jones and Trey Pipkins.
        Spot on Roo.
        I really thought Tranquill showed out and continued to improve throughout camp. Egbule showed some real growth in his play in PSG4.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Good scout's eye.
          Rapid growth is a key indicator.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Adderley looked good but he was playing against guys who won't be in the league. Let's see how he stacks up against top level competition.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
              Adderley looked good but he was playing against guys who won't be in the league. Let's see how he stacks up against top level competition.
              This is very true, but his huge range and closing speed are the same regardless of who he is playing against. He definitely needs more reps but leaves me high on his potential contribution, which I think comes sooner rather than later.

Comment

• RobH
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Tokyo, Japan
                • University English Lecturer
                • Send PM

The problem with Jones, as I see it, is that he has had 3 years to develop. So I don't really think of him in the same way as Pipkin or even Stick.

I thought when they first brought him on, he had a chance to be the heir, but even with his improvement I don't see enough to keep him. I'd rather keep Stick, who has shown more, considering his brief experience, and had a lot more college experience.

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post

The problem with Jones, as I see it, is that he has had 3 years to develop. So I don't really think of him in the same way as Pipkin or even Stick.

I thought when they first brought him on, he had a chance to be the heir, but even with his improvement I don't see enough to keep him. I'd rather keep Stick, who has shown more, considering his brief experience, and had a lo. t more college experience.
                  I think with 4 years of college experience Stick should be better than he's shown thus far. Too many picks may mean he's not seeing the field well. It's happening to quickly for him. A year on the pt should serve him well. Next preseason we'll be looking for improvement from him.

I really doubt the Bolts will keep a third QB. Rivers is such an iron man it's doubtful even Tyrod will see the field.

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• RobH
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Tokyo, Japan
                    • University English Lecturer
                    • Send PM

I hope you're right about keeping only 2. If so, then I also hope they keep Stick. I think he just needs time to learn the system and get used to the speed of the game.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I have to admit going into the game last night I was skeptical of him due to being injured but on the field he was everything advertised. I would not be surprised to see him start by weeks 6-8. The kid looked like he belonged out there and had been playing all preseason.
                      Actually, I'd kind of like to see Adderley start asap...Rayshawn is okay, but Adderley is in another universe....

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
                        I hope you're right about keeping only 2. If so, then I also hope they keep Stick. I think he just needs time to learn the system and get used to the speed of the game.
                        Stick was forcing things vs. the Niners...ideal scenario is we dangle Jones as trade bait, pick up a serviceable OT or even a late draft pick, and keep Stick as #3 QB...though I have to admit, Jones has really improved...never thought I'd see him play so well...

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

I think with 4 years of college experience Stick should be better than he's shown thus far. Too many picks may mean he's not seeing the field well. It's happening to quickly for him. A year on the pt should serve him well. Next preseason we'll be looking for improvement from him.

I really doubt the Bolts will keep a third QB. Rivers is such an iron man it's doubtful even Tyrod will see the field.
                          Also, Stick seems to throw more accurately on the run, without those tall linemen in front of him...maybe the Bolts go with more controlled roll-outs for Stick...

Comment

Working...
                          X