• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Pope has shown a bit more than Detrez, especially as a returner. I'd like to keep both Pope and Newsome, and cut Watt...Culkin has shown more than enough as a lead blocker on sweeps, which makes Watt kind of expendable...why not also put Culkin in motion and lead block between the tackles? Every time I see Watt in there in the I-formation, Whiz is telegraphing to the D, "here comes the lead block and tailback up the gut." So predictable...
    Watt isn't that good of a blocker to have no other skills.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Big Dog
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
      wasn't watt just here to appease MG?
      no longer needed
      shoo badgers, go away
      thanks
      Exactly, Watt is here for MG3 ... no MG3 no need for Watt

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

There are times we still need a FB. Even teams that don't carry a true FB, need a guy who can be a lead blocker, and we really don't have a TE who can do it very well. I don't think Watt is going anywhere. We were better running the ball with him last year than without him, even though he was an obvious tell that it was a run play.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          There are times we still need a FB. Even teams that don't carry a true FB, need a guy who can be a lead blocker, and we really don't have a TE who can do it very well. I don't think Watt is going anywhere. We were better running the ball with him last year than without him, even though he was an obvious tell that it was a run play.
          Steve, you don't think Culkin did pretty well as a lead blocker vs. the Niners? I thought he did pretty well. And yes, every time we see Watt in there as the upback, we KNOW it's going up the gut with him blocking for the tailback...Now, if we have Culkin in there, both in passing and running game, we can either send him out into the pattern, or on run plays, shift him, pull him, or put him in motion to lead block, and it won't telegraph NEARLY as much where the play is going...

Comment

Working...
          X