• Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DB101 View Post

Its all good

We have some pretty good OTs

We gave up just 18 sacks in total last year

Our STUD OL is Q. Nelson.

He just moves people around

Nelson may be the best natural OG in the NFL. I loved him in the draft, so congrats!
      We have a lot of front 7 talent with a lot of plus aspects. A healthy Joey Bosa is almost unstoppable, and he currently is Very healthy. Supa Mel is freakishly athletic & tough. Nelson's old ND teammate Tillery brings a lot of size, speed & strength. There will be pressure on the Colts QB. How consistently is the question.
      Personally, I love this matchup. Good test to see what we really have on the 2019 LAC defense.
      ps: no injuries!

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
        No team should be overlooked. Our D will probably try to make Brisset try to beat us and put some pressure on him.

They have a good D but our offense is still tough to handle. Many weapons will be tough in the passing game. Henry causes matchup issues and Allen and Williams give us the middle field advsntage.

Should be a good start to the season.
        Agree..... Brisset is not a very good passing QB, BUT he is very mobile and historically mobile QB's have dominated Chargers defenses...... we had better keep him in the pocket...... and tackle well for a change ...... and knowing how bad our OL is, they are going to blitz the heck out of us and will be smart enough to cover the short passes, fully knowing that Rivers has been coached to quickly dump off the ball short every time he sees a blitz......

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

What shortcomings on the front 7? Jones has grown, Mebane is back, distraction free, and we added some talented youth in Tillery and Cortez...Bosa healthy, Melvin looks as good as ever, Nwosu looks like has has upped his game...this years front 7 > than last years front 7. Dline talent and depth better, LB corp talent and depth better...I and with what I believe is gonna be improved dline play, I like the speedier lineup of Thomas, White, and Nwosu....but Denzel will get his snaps too, and be a solid contributor.
          I think there are a lot of question marks about the Charger defensive interior. Tillery & Cortez will need some time; Jones lost a lot of weight and didn't exactly dominate during the preseason; Mebane with his age is a question mark - maybe he hit the defensive tackle wall this offseason.

We'll find out soon!

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Agree..... Brisset is not a very good passing QB, BUT he is very mobile and historically mobile QB's have dominated Chargers defenses...... we had better keep him in the pocket...... and tackle well for a change ...... and knowing how bad our OL is, they are going to blitz the heck out of us and will be smart enough to cover the short passes, fully knowing that Rivers has been coached to quickly dump off the ball short every time he sees a blitz......
            What little i've seen of Brisset (a bit from this preseason & some highlights from 2017 season): if his primary option isn't open, he's looking to leave the pocket. He also throws a nice deep ball. Colts like to go to their tight ends; Chargers have some players on D who can keep up & bang with tight ends.

Comment

• SDBORN
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Nelson may be the best natural OG in the NFL. I loved him in the draft, so congrats!
              We have a lot of front 7 talent with a lot of plus aspects. A healthy Joey Bosa is almost unstoppable, and he currently is Very healthy. Supa Mel is freakishly athletic & tough. Nelson's old ND teammate Tillery brings a lot of size, speed & strength. There will be pressure on the Colts QB. How consistently is the question.
              Personally, I love this matchup. Good test to see what we really have on the 2019 LAC defense.
              I love our potential pass rushing ability. I still think we may look soft against the run on the dline though. Hopefully LB upgrades pay dividends there. WE shall see.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I think there are a lot of question marks about the Charger defensive interior. Tillery & Cortez will need some time; Jones lost a lot of weight and didn't exactly dominate during the preseason; Mebane with his age is a question mark - maybe he hit the defensive tackle wall this offseason.

We'll find out soon!
                You can pose reasonable questions about anyone.
                Jones got a lot of recognition from HC Lynn & his teammates for his improvement. I guess in TC practices & LAR, NO joint practices.
                We'll have to see about Tillery, some consider him an elite talent. True he isn't as good today as he will be with more training & experience.
                Mebane will be Mebane on limited snaps. Square is solid in rotation. You want one play? He can do it, but not consistently. Broughton is depth but may develop into more soon.
                Bosa & Supa Mel will take some plays at DT also.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

We'll find out soon!
                  We should probably just forfeit the season and save ourselves the on field embarrassment. Come back next year fully healthy and strong.

Comment

• moneyisevil
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

This post just makes me laugh and shake my head, thanks !

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

What little i've seen of Brisset (a bit from this preseason & some highlights from 2017 season): if his primary option isn't open, he's looking to leave the pocket. He also throws a nice deep ball. Colts like to go to their tight ends; Chargers have some players on D who can keep up & bang with tight ends.
                      that is why we need to keep him in the pocket...... when QBs get outside the defense falls apart and guys get wide open.....

and we absolutely ave to stop the run..... letting them run over us for 150-200 .....we will lose..... film shows that our weakest area defensively is tackling and containment..... they will run at us until we prove we can stop it..... and their coach knows our strengths and weaknesses really well.....

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

We should probably just forfeit the season and save ourselves the on field embarrassment. Come back next year fully healthy and strong.
                        so what are you saying.... that our run D is going to be stout ?? ....that Kyzir and Tillery are gonna get 'er done against the run ??

just a reminder.... our defense was worse off w/Mebane "on the field."
                        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

that is why we need to keep him in the pocket...... when QBs get outside the defense falls apart and guys get wide open.....

and we absolutely ave to stop the run..... letting them run over us for 150-200 .....we will lose..... film shows that our weakest area defensively is tackling and containment..... they will run at us until we prove we can stop it..... and their coach knows our strengths and weaknesses really well.....
                          I haven't seen any film of our 2019 starting defense yet. Im not going to worry about how poorly PS scrubs that either didn't make the roster or won't be playing defense (Brown ... cough ...) tackle.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X