• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by MusicMakerInMe View Post
    I really don’t think either the 49ers or Packers can beat the Chiefs when KC is even close to firing on all cylinders.

Great offense will always have the upper hand, especially one like KC who can beat you in a number of ways. Like today they out Titaned the Titans game plan against them and ran the ball all over them in the 2nd half while eating up a ton of clock. Then of course we know they can go vertical or play the Pats game with the quick passes for massive YAC. They also just neutralized one of the scariest players in the NFL.

I want to see the Chargers get to that point one day, but I honestly think the organization is going to have to take some risks and change things up in terms of philosophy.
    Except when defense wins championships. How many times have we seen a top offense shut down by a #1 defense? Many times.

Can the Niners defense do it? Don't know but KC has lost games and lost one to Tennessee this year. The Niners defense is capable.

I'm assuming SF wins today.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Niners WR # 17 was held by the CB on the sack by Green Bay

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Chiefs defense was better, chiefs running game was better, chiefs passing game was much better. Best team won. Congrats Chiefs!! 50 years between Super Bowls for KC
        I wish the Chargers had Pagnola as DC

Comment

• MusicMakerInMe
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Except when defense wins championships. How many times have we seen a top offense shut down by a #1 defense? Many times.

Can the Niners defense do it? Don't know but KC has lost games and lost one to Tennessee this year. The Niners defense is capable.

I guess we’ll see. SF were beat by two teams with agile quarterbacks (Seahawks and Ravens) this season.

Usually those offensive teams don’t really have a decent defense though.

This KC team has a sufficient enough one to not totally let their offense down.
          Last edited by MusicMakerInMe; 01-19-2020, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Niners are good. Going into New Orleans and Baltimore and almost winning both games.

I'm rooting for Green Bay, but would be surprised if they win.

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by MusicMakerInMe View Post
              I really don’t think either the 49ers or Packers can beat the Chiefs when KC is even close to firing on all cylinders.

Great offense will always have the upper hand, especially one like KC who can beat you in a number of ways. Like today they out Titaned the Titans game plan against them and ran the ball all over them in the 2nd half while eating up a ton of clock. Then of course we know they can go vertical or play the Pats game with the quick passes for massive YAC. They also just neutralized one of the scariest players in the NFL.

I want to see the Chargers get to that point one day, but I honestly think the organization is going to have to take some risks and change things up in terms of philosophy.
              49ers are only team with a shot...... because of strong Running game and pass rush....... they have 5 high first round draft choices on the DL...... the only way to beat mahomes and Reid's scheme, is to contain the QB in the pocket where he has less time, feels more pressure, and cannot run for yardage or buy time for super huge plays to wide open guys.....

Mahomes is rather ordinary in the pocket but an absolute wizard when running around outside, buying time, which allows his speedy receivers to get wide open, and defenders to blow coverages...... mahomes also throws better on the run than standing still in the pocket...... he is a gifted athlete and his movement ability is what makes him special..... Teams that have beaten him kept him in the pocket as much as possible......

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
                Not seeing a ton of Packers fans in SF, too expensive? Spent all their money going to the Coliseum and Carson?
                49ers fans didn’t sell their seats

Comment

• SDBORN
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Wow the gaps created by the niners run blocking.

Mostert is fast too

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

49er offensive line destroying the Packers D

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post
                      Wow the gaps created by the niners run blocking.

Mostert is fast too
                      Win in the trenches

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

49ers have some speed of their own

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

I guess there isn't much suspense this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                          X