Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

So true.
    Both points.
    Shanahan is a worthy heir to his father's run game. They were working that Deebo Samuel run repeatedly. Very inventive running game overall. Charger fans take note.

Comment

• MusicMakerInMe
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2020
      • Send PM

Yeah I absolutely love those dynamic running attacks (unless of course we manage to have a total unit like Derrick Henry).

Shannahan's coaching decision played a major part and a big role of that was the difference in quarterback play down the stretch on both teams. There's always a chance that at some point your quarterback will have to make a throw or series of throws with plenty on the line. The Chiefs actually dared them to do it. As we saw, the playcall was effective: the big play was there. However, missing the strike to Sanders and actually making the throw with a lot on the line was the other vital half to it. Those were throws Mahomes wasn't missing on the other end.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

So true.
        Both points.
        https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/02/tyrann-mathieu-was-grateful-when-49ers-started-to-throw-the-ball/

“We were grateful they got out of the run and started to throw the ball,” Tyrann Mathieu said.

10 point lead in the 4th Quarter. The Niners called five passes on their next eight plays, which resulted in a pair of punts. Kyle Shanahan broke into the league auditing the playcalls. I never received that advanced education and I knew what Shanahan was doing was bullshit.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I live in a world where Steve Spagnuolo has three Super Bowl rings as coordinator. Wow.

Comment

• SDBORN
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
            I live in a world where Steve Spagnuolo has three Super Bowl rings as coordinator. Wow.
            Is he available? We could use some winning blood.

Oh wait, spani clan too cheap

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Ugh. Terrible analysis and not worth any back and forth. There’s another thread discussing situational awareness of players. You lack that as a viewer. Big plays at big moments are what win. If wasn’t his best game but Mahomes made those.

you keep mentioning his two fumbles but neither was a turnover. The first one came after a big third down run. A handful of QBs can do that. If he hadn’t it would have been a fg. Instead they had 4th and 1 and did the Temptations play for the first down.

the third and 15 throw to Tyreek travelled 60 yards in the air. The throw to Watkins was on time and perfect. Big plays in big moments.

Mahomes has now been league MVP and Super Bowl MVP. And he’s just 24. That’s gonna be tough for you.
              Yuppers...When you make plays when you need to to win big games people forget your indiscretions...just ask Broadway Joe!
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/02/tyrann-mathieu-was-grateful-when-49ers-started-to-throw-the-ball/

“We were grateful they got out of the run and started to throw the ball,” Tyrann Mathieu said.

10 point lead in the 4th Quarter. The Niners called five passes on their next eight plays, which resulted in a pair of punts. Kyle Shanahan broke into the league auditing the playcalls. I never received that advanced education and I knew what Shanahan was doing was bullshit.
                Shanihan pulled a Schottenheimer... Niners' OT's were gashing Chiefs DE's. Every run outside the tackles was going for 5+.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

The only thing Mahommes was good at in the 1st half was getting splinters in his butt.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

And it’s also a world in which jason verrett is a world champion

edit: that’s what I meant wood haha
                    Last edited by 21&500; 02-03-2020, 08:51 PM.
                    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                      Superbowl?
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Los Angeles/Chicago
                      • Send PM

Jason Verrett 9ers not champs

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
                        Jason Verrett 9ers not champs
                        Jfeeva gets a participation trophy...close enough.

Oh wait...never mind.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Ugh. Terrible analysis and not worth any back and forth. There’s another thread discussing situational awareness of players. You lack that as a viewer. Big plays at big moments are what win. If wasn’t his best game but Mahomes made those.

you keep mentioning his two fumbles but neither was a turnover. The first one came after a big third down run. A handful of QBs can do that. If he hadn’t it would have been a fg. Instead they had 4th and 1 and did the Temptations play for the first down.

the third and 15 throw to Tyreek travelled 60 yards in the air. The throw to Watkins was on time and perfect. Big plays in big moments.

Mahomes has now been league MVP and Super Bowl MVP. And he’s just 24. That’s gonna be tough for you.
                          Your "big plays" were not made by Mahomes. One was made by Hill (44 yard reception). One was made by a 49er defender committing pass interference in the end zone. One was made by Watkins (sideline reception). One was made by Williams (long TD run to ice the game). Giving Mahomes credit for the good or bad plays of others is unimpressive.

The run and fumble by Mahomes was unimpressive. I have posted elsewhere the names of 36 other NFL QBs that are faster than or about the same speed as Mahomes. All of them likely would have made the run without fumbling and costing their team a first down in the process.

Even if one foolishly gave Mahomes credit for the late big plays, the only reason why the Chiefs trailed in the first place was because Mahomes played like crap through three and one-third quarters, actually "outcrapping" Garoppolo--no small accomplishment. Instead of just looking at the final 9 minutes, give or take, the better analysis is to examine his entire performance, which includes two INTs, two fumbles and a below average 78.1 QB rating. Whether the so-called big plays came early or late, his performance is his performance and it is not MVP worthy--period.

I expected Mahomes to be named MVP for any Chiefs win no matter how poorly he played. A vote is proof of nothing in terms of how well a player played. Mahomes is not the first undeserving Super Bowl MVP and he will not be the last.

Mahomes being named Super Bowl MVP was obviously wrong and so stupid as to be laughable, so it is not a tough issue for me. I just dismiss the vote as meaningless. The stats tell the story--Mahomes sucked.

Comment

Working...
                          X