• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SDBORN
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I thought Shanarat Jr.'s playcalling the final 3 Niner possessions was pretty lame...Jimmy G kept taking the shotgun snap and firing the rock mostly down the middle where his passes kept getting batted down or deflected by Chris Jones...while the Chef pass rush was bringing the heat...now WHY in the world didn't Rat dial up a few screens or swing passes to counter that blitz? They even ditched the motion and misdirection plays that worked so well earlier...Lame...5 minutes left with a lead, and all the Niners had to do was run off that time with a nice long drive and a FG...
    Honestly, I hate conspiracy theories, but the more I watch the NFL, the more scripted it seems.

Comment

• RollingThunder
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
      Those K.C. wideouts get open cuz MahomesVP extends plays. Lessen there.
      Agree here. Put statue Rivers on that team in this same game and he gets pummeled non stop by the 49ers D.

Comment

• Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Yeah he did lead em back. He hit Tyreek and 3rd and 15. Then a td to Kelce. Later he threw a perfect ball to Watkins to get the Td to go ahead. Those were the decisive plays in the game. He also scored a TD earlier.

when Jimmy G had a chance to bring SF back he missed Sanders down the middle on a post when he had a step on KC defenders.

Mahomes did not play great today but he made the plays when it was needed and KC won because of it.
        Mahomes sucked. He had two fumbles and 2 INTs. He had another INT ball right through the defender's hands that was dropped. He missed at least half a dozen wide open throws. He finished the game with a QB rating of 78.1. He did not even have an average game for an NFL QB. It was below average.

The first TD drive for KC was 100% creative play calling by Reid, plus Reid bailing out Mahomes after his fumble otherwise would have stopped the drive by going for it on 4th down. Mahomes did nothing special on that drive. In fact, as noted, his presence actually caused the drive to be in peril of being stopped.

The second drive featured a WR 20 yards wide open on 3rd and 15 resulting in a 44 yard completion that literally every QB in the NFL would have made. That. of course, was followed by pass interference in the end zone, which, again, had nothing to do with Mahomes.

The third TD drive featured a long pass to Watkins that every QB in the NFL would have made to yet another wide open receiver.

The 4th TD happened when Williams broke a long run.

Please tell me again, when did Mahomes make special plays that made him worthy of being the MVP? It was not like KC did not have a player that actually had a good game. Williams had 104 yards rushing on 17 carries, added 4 receptions for 29 yards, and had both a rushing and receiving TD, plus the game clinching 38 yard TD run when everyone knew the Chiefs would be trying to run out the clock.

Also, Sanders was nowhere near as open as Watkins or Hill on their big plays when the ball released by Garoppolo. In fact, when the ball released, he was not open at all, contrary to Watkins (3 steps behind Sherman) and Hill (20 yards away from every defender and just about as wide open as a WR can get).

Oh, and please realize that SF wins the game if the refs do not miss half a dozen key calls--all coincidentally against SF.

Comment

• Originally posted by blueman View Post
          Those K.C. wideouts get open cuz MahomesVP extends plays. Lessen there.
          False. They get open because they are among the best and/or fastest players at their respective positions.

Both of the long passes by Mahomes yesterday were from the middle of the pocket to way wide open receivers.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Robert Saleh's defense showed the football world the formula.

Three and one half quarters plus. Ten points.

For all his brilliance, Kyle Shanahan failed again...should have run the football @ ~ seven minute mark.

SF and JimmyG will never get over the hump.

Now, LAC.
            Build the D ?
            Get the QB ?
            Derrick Brown ?
            Justin Herbert ?

Many, many questions.
            TBA.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• AK47
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
              Robert Saleh's defense showed the football world the formula.

Three and one half quarters plus. Ten points.

For all his brilliance, Kyle Shanahan failed again...should have run the football @ ~ seven minute mark.

SF and JimmyG will never get over the hump.

Now, LAC.
              Build the D ?
              Get the QB ?
              Derrick Brown ?
              Justin Herbert ?

Many, many questions.
              TBA.
              First off that was an incredible game!!!

That last meaningful drive SF had.........yes their coach is known for abandoning the run game which I heard accounted for their losses this season. Putting it in Jimmy G's hands with plenty of time left played into KC's hands. Their defensive strength at that point is getting to the QB. I felt that SF should've stuck to the run game and taking mid field shots KC was giving them. Kudos for KC for being aggressive and not deviating from their strengths.

Edit: Refs blew some calls

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Edit: Refs blew some calls
                On that long pass to Hill late, Bosa was very clearly held and the entire game could have been different if it had been called. But, the 49ers had their chances and did not take advantage of them and the Chiefs did.

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I felt like Jimmy G took a blow to the head on that final 4th down...or maybe it came after the "in the grasp" call but it happened right after he released the ball.
                  ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• SDBORN
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

On that long pass to Hill late, Bosa was very clearly held and the entire game could have been different if it had been called. But, the 49ers had their chances and did not take advantage of them and the Chiefs did.
                    I've been witness to the NFL increasingly ingoring blatant holding calls on passing plays, for various teams. It's been going on for a good while. It really isn't fair to teams that build a great pass rush.

Having said that, to me, the niners lost it more than kc won in it IMO. You'd think rat Jr. would have learned his lesson.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

I've been witness to the NFL increasingly ingoring blatant holding calls on passing plays, for various teams. It's been going on for a good while. It really isn't fair to teams that build a great pass rush.

Having said that, to me, the niners lost it more than kc won in it IMO. You'd think rat Jr. would have learned his lesson.
                      Integrity of the game.
                      SMH.
                      Holding.
                      Pass Interference.
                      And Rat Jr should have pounded his FB at the end.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• SDBORN
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                        I felt like Jimmy G took a blow to the head on that final 4th down...or maybe it came after the "in the grasp" call but it happened right after he released the ball.
                        I think this is the hit?

Normally called.

Comment

• SDBORN
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Integrity of the game.
                          SMH.
                          Holding.
                          Pass Interference.
                          And Rat Jr should have pounded his FB at the end.
                          Hill was allowed to play in this league and now has a ring. Cheating has been tolerated with slaps on the wrist. The list goes on. Integrity of the game was thrown out the window long long ago.

Comment

Working...
                          X